DaGimp

The Exorcisim of Emily Rose

So im half way throug hthis movie, drunk as hell, and i have to pee....so i go to the bathroom and as i enter i look at my clock....then i think....if i wake up at 3am tonight im gona flip!!!!!

If you've seen the movie you know what im talking about...if you havent....well you gotta.....back to the movie.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

So im half way throug hthis movie, drunk as hell, and i have to pee....so i go to the bathroom and as i enter i look at my clock....then i think....if i wake up at 3am tonight im gona flip!!!!!

I thought the movie was only so-so... especially since it seemed a bit preachy, kinda like those "Left Behind" movies. :S

I had a crazy vivid dream last night in which I was in an old house in upstate New York and it was wayyyy haunted -- and those old-fashioned doors with keyholes in them were slamming in front of me as I tried to head to them to leave. And I was seeing these weird shimmers in the air in front of me, and things like swivel stools were spinning on their own. Then I actually met, shook hands with, and talked to a young-man ghost named Stewart.

I found myself waking up from that dream wondering if I actually now believe in ghosts! :o

But I still don't.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

The story that this movie was VERY loosely based on is that of Anneliese Michel. There is, obviously, some heated controversy over whether or not she was truly "possessed".

Here's (clicky) ONE refutation, and here's (clicky) the basic story.

Whether it was spiritual or physiological in nature, it was still an interesting case study in the human mind and how it handles things that can't be readily explained.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I thought about it. But I wake up at 3 a.m. all the time, on the dot. So far, no posessions:P

Anneliese (the real "Emily Rose") is my Oma's name.

Oh, and my mom thought of the name "Carrie" after seeing the movie.

Bwwwaaah ha ha! Strange, but true:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

noooooo not to watch at night, alone..... the house settles and Im jumping out of my skin.... >:(

Got to remember to keep the scarey movies for day light

I was home on leave for Christmas and my Mother asked if I'd watch it with her:D
She didn't want to see it alone...

I really didn't find it all that scary. It's all told in retrospect, and mostly it's the girl grimacing and gnashing her teeth, and occasionally some computer-generated black ooze coming out of stuff. Not much. The Ring is MUCH scarier. So is The Grudge.

Of course, those Japanese sicko horror movies are all really just the same story done over and over again, it seems to me.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

:D

I saw this movie (rental) I thought was scary a year ago---now I can't remember it. The cover had a white-faced girl w/ blacked-out eyes. For some reason, I think it was just called "The Ghost Detective" or something. Anyone know?

Edited to add: It was really kind of amateurish cinema, but I think that was the point. I really like it b/c it definitely had me freaked out.

I was also thinking---b/c I really do LOVE to be scared, it just doesn't happen often.

I can remember as a kid hearing noises in the night or in my closet---I was never the kid that would stay in bed hiding under the covers. I would purposely get out of bed and investigate. It wasnt' b/c I believed or didn't believe in "spirits" or things like that, but that regardless, I was not going to be afriad of them. I'd walk into my closet w/out turning on the lights just to prove there was nothing there to be scared of. I was also always up for spinning around in the bathroom mirror at slumber parties and saying "Bloody Mary" three times. They say curiosity killed the cat, but never harmed me:P