SkydiveStMarys

What book is............................

It's set in South Carolina during the Civil Rights movement and follows Lily, a 14-year-old white girl, and Rosaleen, her black housekeeper, as they run away from their trouble in Sylvan and head to Tiburon. They end up with the Boatwright sisters in their bright pink house, learning about beekeeping, family, racism, love, sorrow...

It's really been an enjoyable read. I'm almost done, and I wish I could be reading it right now...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I heard that one's great! We'll trade once we're done---The brilliant advice given on the local news this morning was to trade books rather than buy them and you'll save ~ $15/month. I don't know what I would do without their tips sometimes:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I was thinking about that the other day. I spend so much on brand new books all the time, when it's completely uneccessary. But I can't help it. I just LOVE getting home and cracking open brand new pages. But I'll still trade with you! :)
While I was in Europe and using lots of public transportation, I got in the habit of leaving books behind on seats if I knew I wouldn't read them again. I'd write "Read me then leave me" on the inside. I wonder how that worked out... hope they didn't just get chucked by the cleaning crews...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

The Bourne Ultimatum. It is the new novel

Do a little research, it's far from "new". If you get ahold of an original copy of the Bourne Identity you will see the terrorist named in the book is Carlos the Jackal and not Usma bin buttslamming as it is in the new Matt Damon on the cover version. Still, Ludlum writes an interesting story.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The Bourne Ultimatum. It is the new novel

Do a little research, it's far from "new". If you get ahold of an original copy of the Bourne Identity you will see the terrorist named in the book is Carlos the Jackal and not Usma bin buttslamming as it is in the new Matt Damon on the cover version. Still, Ludlum writes an interesting story.

Yeah, too bad it is the same story every time. Of course, I am the idiot that read 8 of his books to figure it out. :ph34r: Then I got tired and stopped.

In his defense, his basic premise is interesting, but the execution, dailogue and characterizations are poor upon reflection. the premise was the primary reason I read so many. I kept using it as an excuse for clumsy writing, but finally could not take it anymore.

But...all just my opinion. :)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

But I can't help it. I just LOVE getting home and cracking open brand new pages.

Same here. I get pissed when my magazines arrive in the mail if their pages are folded/crinkled due to mis-handling. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

I'm a bit of a big fat contradiction---I don't waste anything and want to "save the planet" but I've been known to tear off the top (blank) page of my notepad if the paper is all crinkled. It REALLY bothers me. I have issues:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

"1776" by David McCullough

David McCullough is great, I really like his style! Have you read The Great Bridge or Truman?

Books I am reading:
To Have or To Be
The Art of Listening
Into Thin Air
Into The Wild

The great bridge was an exellent book!
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

Yes. It was written by Robert Lundlum. LouDiamond was right saying it is not new. His newer book is the Bourne Legacy and it came out in 2004.

The books are better than the movies of course but I still enjoy watching them.

:)

The Bourne Legacy is not written by Ludlum. Ludlum died in 2001. Some of his stuff was pieced together posthumously, but Bourne Legacy was not.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Well, so far the movie versions with Matt Damon have totally ruined the Bourne saga.

I could not agree with you more. IMO, Matt Damon was absolutely the wrong actor to play Jason Bourne. Unfortunately, I was unavailable at the time and they handed it down to Matt. The rest is history;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I've got about four or five right now, but the one that stays on my nightstand for when I need a comfort book is one of the Kushiel's Legacy trilogy. Sometimes, I just pick one up and start reading anywhere.

I recently finished the most recent two Orson Scott Card books, along with a Timothy Zahn and a John Varley.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Unfortunately, I was unavailable at the time and they handed it down to Matt. The rest is history

They could have gotten that other actor that looks like you to take your place. :D

Oh yeah!! That one guy... what's'isname... right on the tip of my tongue...

Having never read the books, I thought Damon did a pretty good job. I would have preferred a different style of action filmography for Supremacy though...

Well right now I'm finishing up The Chronicles of Narnia for sentimental reasons. Next will be Time Enough for Love and I will Fear No Evil by Robert Heinlein (Thanks J)

This thread has also inspired me to read Teacher Man by Frank McCourt (thanks Skymama). I'm excited to read it b/c he taught at my high school and would love to hear what he has to say about it.

Actually, I can't even blame Matt Damon. The writers (with or without Ludlum's OK) totally changed who the character was, and took way too much license with the story. In the book, he was a deep cover agent tracking the assassin, and as he regained bits and pieces of his memory, he feared he might actually BE the assassin he had been tracking. The group he was working for was top secret, but not evil. The movie (I never even bothered with the second) turned him into an assassin for hire. I can't let that go, it completely changes the character and the story.

Old classic Ludlum is still a great read though. One of my favorites is the Materese Circle. But, once you read a few, you've got the formula down. Usually, its the characters that keep me reading.