lovelife22

Brain freeze? Math help?

:(How do I convert 1200 gallons into pounds (or KG)?
I am such an idiot right now! B|

#lbs X 2.2 = KG

Look - do this

a - take a one gallon container, empty - weigh it on a pounds scale
b - fill the container with your "stuff" - weight it on a pounds scale
c - Subtract a from b

multiply by 1200

if your "stuff/waste" is fairly homogenous, then nothing beats direct measurements instead of looking up specific weights in a book somewhere.......

If you really want to go for it, then take a sample of 20 to 30 gallons of the stuff and weigh it all in one gallon units. Then multiply the average of those measurements by 1200. That's more rigorous. It takes into account both variation in your metric as well as variation in weight gallon to gallon. (i.e, it's better than just weighting 20 gallons and multplying by 60)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Awesome, thanks. Good I was on the right track! :)

this will only work if your waste has the same density as water. Unlikely.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's 25% heavier in the UK.

Water is heavier in Engrand????? :o

;)

I think water is little browner in Engrand - like it's a little bluer in the Caribbrean.

I forget how much brown weighs

It's 25% heavier in the UK.

Water is heavier in Engrand????? :o

;)

Yes, Engrish watel is much heaviel. Rots of deutelium in it, possibry**.

Ol as we used to say in the ord countly, "A pint of pule watel weighs a pound and a qualtel"

** Joking, of coulse. An Impeliar garron is biggel than a US garron.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you really want to go for it, then take a sample of 20 to 30 gallons of the stuff and weigh it all in one gallon units. Then multiply the average of those measurements by 1200. That's more rigorous. It takes into account both variation in your metric as well as variation in weight gallon to gallon. (i.e, it's better than just weighting 20 gallons and multplying by 60)

Don't forget to give the vat or whatever it's in a good stir first, if the whole mess has settled and you draw your 20-30 samples from the same location you'll still get a skewed number. ;)

Don't forget to give the vat or whatever it's in a good stir first,

yup, my first post had this "if your "stuff/waste" is fairly homogenous"

mmmmmmmm - hazardous waste