diablopilot

Who's got Skype?

I've been Skyping for a couple of months. I've used the Skypeout feature many times, and it works great (for cheap...).

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Besides the SkypeOut and the fact it's cheap as hell, and the free Skype to Skype, I think the moste exciting thing is the conference function.

Brings WAY new angles to a drunk dial.

BTW anyone know where the DD forum went?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

We're installing it across the network at JumpShack, and it's working out really well. The conference feature is excellent for having several people on line talking to a dealer or customer - not usually drunk though, but we may try that next...........................
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Its really good JP. Get it. Doesn't cost you anything after all!
Only downside i have found is if you are talking to someone on a slow connection you can get a time delay.
I skypeout to someone in South America all the time and its supercheap.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Was using it, but it got prohibited where I work.

" If a call cannot be directly established with a peer (e.g., due to firewalls or NAT), the peers will relay their calls through a third-party system. The third party is another computer with Skype software; the mere installation of Skype is sufficient to launch the relay component, regardless of whether the Skype GUI (client interface) is running."
"And the sky is blue and righteous in every direction" Survivor Chuck Palahniuk

And how do you like it?

Got it. Planning to move to dallas. I got a dallas number and forwarded it (in skype) to my Phoenix AZ cell phone. That way, I can post my resume on monster and dice as a "local" candidate in Dallas. They call my Dallas number, it rings my Phoenix Cell Phone. Pretty frickin cool if you ask me.

I have gotten about 30 calls on it so far. Works greak... B|