Skykat108

YES!!!

My little brother for the last two years has been trying to get into the naval academy. He did everything he had to do, went to the summer camp, got a nomination from a congresswoman. everything. Then he got a letter that said his SATs scores weren't high enough.

Then my mama made a call to the congresswoman that nominated him, and tonight we got a call.

HE'S BEEN ACCEPTED!!!

Hoozah!

I don't think I've ever been so proud and happy at the same time!

Not to try to be offensive, but I guess It's who you know and not if you qualify. I wish I could just call a congress person and get what I wanted in a career weather I made score or not.

But hey every bit helps. Good luck! the toughest chellenges to over coe are the most rewarding.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Not to try to be offensive, but I guess It's who you know and not if you qualify. I wish I could just call a congress person and get what I wanted in a career weather I made score or not.

ooft

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Not to try to be offensive, but I guess It's who you know and not if you qualify

well, that's debatable.... as for a sat score... it's more about the wholeperson than being able to find what 4 words go together the same way.... or what 2x+3y+(2398+2x)=4

The first time my family met Levin was when my brother went to the interview, and she was really impressed by my brother.

He is in crosscountry, jazz band, marching band, a state qualified swimmer. He's in National Honor Society and Civial Air Patrol.

He worked his butt off to get in. When he didn't get in because his math score was 20 points lower than what they like, they sent him to a prep school instead of accepting him head on. My mom called Levin's to let them know what happened, and if they could offer any suggestions on what my bro could do for when he reapplied next year.

It wasn't cause we "knew" the congresswoman or anything like that. My brother did earn this, he worked his BUTT off for it.

Please don't concentrate on one single sentance I typed. I did also give congrats. and I also said I wish I could take advantage of a phone call to a congressperson as well.

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

I wish I could just call a congress person and get what I wanted in a career weather I made score or not.

You can, your congress person is there to serve you...

I don't see that this is a case of special treatment test scores don't mean everything, some people (like me) don't take tests well... does that mean I don't deserve to be at a good school. I never would have made it into the Air Force Academy when I was coming out of highschool... but there's certainly a possibility that I can teach there now (or in the future...) :P

Congradulations to you're brother... it is bound to be hard work but I'm sure he's up for it.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

CONGRATS one of my next door neighbors went the to academy. She didn't so much enjoy it at first but now she loves it and flys helicopters, i have been trying to get her to take me for a "ride" but she is not so much into it.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

ok- please read everything before responding. Just above your response was more to read. my post wasn't about calling someone to get a favor.

ok- please read everything before responding. Just above your response was more to read. my post was about calling someone to get a favor.

I had at the time I posted it... [:/] I have since read your clarification and I'm sorry... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Thanks, I did want anyone to get the wrong idea. Maybe i could just not post to such things in the future.

Not to try to be offensive, but I guess It's who you know and not if you qualify

well, that's debatable.... as for a sat score... it's more about the wholeperson than being able to find what 4 words go together the same way.... or what 2x+3y+(2398+2x)=4

Dude - That's it -

the answer is 42!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No worries, was just trying to explain further before too many people started flaming for the wrong thing. Yeah everyhting is cool. Wish I could hit first ask questions later. ;)