skybytch

Rude cell phone users

I was taking a girl out to play pool one night, and she started yapping on her cell...and yapping...and yapping. Finally I grabbed the phone from her and spoke into it, saying, "Hey! Guess what! We're all out playing pool and she didn't invite you! How does that make you feel? Awww, I'm sorry, dude!" She has a good sense of humor, and so did the guy she was talking to.

Still, I always wonder about these people at bars or restaurants who are constantly on their cell phones. If you want to talk that much with the person, why is he/she not sitting next to you at the place?
"DOOR!!!"

One of my biggest peeves - Going to a restaurant and having to listen to a Nextel conversation, with the volume turned way up to over come the noise. Takes rude to a new level - And I really don't need to hear a personal conversation while I eat.

How is that any different than a conversation that is too loud?

I find it interesting to watch people in an elevator get upset with someone on a cell phone. If the same conversation and level of tone happened to be with a person standing there.....what is the difference?

Rude people are rude people. Sometimes the cell phone allows some to demonstrate that a bit easier.

The thing that really annoys this kid is the "connection" beep you get when you key a Nextel phone. Plus the very loud, very distorted audio, but the major bug was that they were carrying on a very personal discussion, oblivious to the fact everyone in the joint had to listen to the ugly details of visit to the doctor.

Easy Does It

My vote still goes to talking on the phone in a public restroom... I do not want to hear what your child did last week... (the only free moment a woman got that week) What you did on your last date... (teenagers) Who wants to hear flushing in the conversations?? LOL

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

LOVE the cards!!:D

the wallpaper idea- i don't see why they don't build theaters that block the signal. almost every other big concrete building i enter kills my connection
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Wow. Sometimes it amazes me, the things that can cause people to be upset. Sometimes I wonder if we aren't just looking for excuses, to unleashe a little bit of that natural and escalating restlessness we as a people are facing each day.

You know, I giggle when I hear somebody's personal conversation in a public place because I question whether or not the speaker is aware that he/she is practically broadcasting their personal lives... But I don't get my panties all in a twist about it you know why? Because it has no ill effect on my life. Honestly, wtf do I care if I can hear somebody in the room talking on the phone?

It kills me! You go to a restaurant, there are tables galore, seated at them are other patrons... talking amongst themselves.... but it's the guy or gal that's yammerin' on his/her cellphone which angers you? Check yourselves people... or eat at home... or wear ear muffs when you eat out. lol

People who are all over the road because they are far more interested in their cell phone conversation... They compromise my safety, and the safety of my fellow drivers. People answering their phones during a movie... WTF are you doing???!? Get the hell outa the theatre!!

But Grocery stores, shopping malls, restaurants? People talk in these places. This is a free world my friends. Let's be a little more accepting. You wouldn't get all pissed off because two business men are talking business while waiting behind you at the checkout isle... so why get all cranky about ONE business man, talking business to his partner on the phone?

Sensless aggrevation... Take some deep breaths. Life is good when you're not looking for things to make it bad.

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

its only annoying since you can't hear the other side of the conversation...

Last year I volunteered at a marathon... my job consisted of standing in the middle of no where (in the cold) for several hours... I passed some of the time talking to people on my cell phone... with a hands free device and w/my cell in my pocket.

I got a lot of really strange reactions from the runners but really, who cares :D I didn't feel like reading the entire time and I got to visit with my mother, sister, as well as several others... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...