gulaz

06 VW GTI

Does anybody have one of these? I think im in love... B|. I drive a Mk3 jetta right now, and am looking for something newer. My buddies wife sells VW, and im going for a test drive on friday.

They also have an 03 VR6 GTI, but I think they want too much for it. Anybody who has driven/owned either one, or both, what do you think of it?

I work on VWs at the shop I manage. They are really cool cars. We had a 2002 Audi S4 in today for brake work. This car has a 3.0 liter, twin turbo, all wheel drive stuffed in an A4 body. Really fast and cool.

BUT, the brakes were almost $1200.00! They are great cars, but they require a lot of maint. and they can be expensive to fix.
glad to be here!!

Go on buy ....it ...buy it!! It's a pocket Porsche. My favorite car ever was my 85 Scirrocco. I loved the body style, it was just fast enough to get me in trouble but not enough to kill me and handled like a dream.

I have an 01 Sentra now. Very sensible, economical, gets me to the DZ and back on half a tank.....yaaaawn. Need I say more?
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

I have a 2005 1/2 Jetta TDI (basically a 2006 released mid -05) It is awesome. I love everything about it. I really & truly have gotten 40-42 mpg average over the 1st 10,000 miles, combined city & hwy & I fly on the hwy.
I previously had a 03- Jetta. Right now my TDI is in the shop-- no problems just having some cool stuff added...bike rack etc.. So the dealer loaned me an 06 GTI. Holy Cow! I'm glad I don't own it because I would definately be racking up the tickets. I love the fuel economy of the TDI but the GTI 2.5 gets up & goes like mad.