ryan_d_sucks

What year is my CYPRES?

Hey-

I just bought a used CYPRES and I'm kind of confused. On the main box the DOM stamped onto the info square says the DOM is 4/99. However, on the actual cutter a date of 06/98 is listed. What year +/- 3 months will this unit expire? Why would the dates be different?

Also, if the only silver sticker on the unit just reads "Do not remove seal," can I assume no maintenance has been done?

Thanks.

Sounds like your cutter and unit have different manufacture dates. Not impossible. I verywell could have been fired at some point and the replacement cutter came from older stock.

Technically the cutter expires before the unit, but I don't think 1 in 10 riggers would check the cutter date.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The DOM of this Cypres is 4/99 this mean it will expire 7/2011 (12 years + 3 months)
The cutter can show another DOM there is no problem.
The "Do not remove seal" is a sealing from the factory even when the did maintenance the will stick a new one on it.
The problem is that you say there is no other sticker on the unit. When maintenance is done there must be another silver sticker on the side of the unit with the date of the last maintenance.
This sticker must show at least the first 4-year inspection (2003) or the 8-year inspection (2007).
Is there a red sticker on the unit that shows the last battery change ?
When this 2 inspections are not done and you have to send in this Cypres it will cost you 2 times 4-year maintenance + new battery !
Best you contact AirTec and provide them with the serial number of this unit, the can tell you of this unit has his maintenance or not.
Hope you don't pay too mush for the unit.
Good luck.

When this 2 inspections are not done and you have to send in this Cypres it will cost you 2 times 4-year maintenance

I always thought if the 4 year was never done, but it was time for the 8yr..that it would still only be the same fee as one inspection.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Sounds reasonable, but ronny2 is correct. The SSK Web site isn't being cooperative tonight, but there should be a section on there which explains it all. Something about the philosophy of reliability.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Sounds reasonable, but ronny2 is correct. The SSK Web site isn't being cooperative tonight, but there should be a section on there which explains it all. Something about the philosophy of reliability.

I couldn't find anything in that article or the maintenance article concerning getting charged for 2 servicing fees. It only confirms that if you get the 1st check done late, it doesn't change the schedule for the 2nd check. The articles don't specifically address the issue of returning a unit at the 2nd check timing that had never had the 1st check.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I couldn't find anything in that article or the maintenance article concerning getting charged for 2 servicing fees. It only confirms that if you get the 1st check done late, it doesn't change the schedule for the 2nd check. The articles don't specifically address the issue of returning a unit at the 2nd check timing that had never had the 1st check.

I am just guessing, but as long as you are within +-3month you will only pay for that service - i.e. if you are sending a 7yar10month cypres1 without a 4 year check I am pretty sure you will only pay the $160 for the 8 year check. however if yo udecide to send a non-year-ed 7 year old cypres - you will shell out 160 now, and another 160 within 9to 15 months...