Trivial_Trekker

Got my ass kicked last night.

No shame in walking away from a fight you cant win. Sounds like you were in a bad place to begin with. Once you realized that things were going bad and you were out numbered.. It was time to walk away regardless of who was right.

It took me a lot years and alot of ass whippings to figure that one out. The last one could have easily killed me and almost did.

There is a time to stand up and be a Man... But not when you can’t possibly win. Learn the difference and don’t be afraid to walk away.

You get into an Argument with someone and they have several Buddies with them and you don’t... Walk away if possible, If not make sure that you take them out as quickly and as devastatingly as possible.

There is no such thing as a Fair Fight. Grab a Brick, Stick, Board or Bat. Grab something and start swinging. Don’t ever forget that if you are in a street fight, you may be fighting for your life.

I agree completely...I had a very dear friend of mine murdered by an unfair fight...Next time just walk away (if you can). He tried to fight back and lost his life..Glad your ok...;)
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

Yep, no reason to ever be "ashamed" of not getting into a fist-fight.
I have been taking some really good combat TKD and Hapkido classes and one instructor hates violence.
I myself feel pretty confident (well more than I did 5 mths ago) about ever getting into a real fist-fight, then on the other hand would have no problem walking away from anybody!
As far a "bar fight" just stay out of bars, that is where the shit happens! And will happen!

>No shame in walking away from a fight you cant win.

Even less shame in walking away from a fight you _can_ win. The best way to 'win' a barfight is to not have it. That way the other guy just looks like a dick.

Now why can't more people share this philosophy???

My hat is off to ya bra!!!!B|
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

is there any shame in high-tailing it the f*** out of there and leaving your g/f behind? lol, did that once. glad I did too, she was a bitch.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

There is no such thing as a Fair Fight. Grab a Brick, Stick, Board or Bat. Grab something and start swinging. Don’t ever forget that if you are in a street fight, you may be fighting for your life.

this to me is worth repeating.

if your backed in a corner and our numbered and have no other choice but to fight for your life or safety, go psycho, you will be surprised at how many of THEM run.

only if you have no choice, will you win though.

:(-ranting
Long story short. I was at a party. Some guy picked a fight with me. Out of self defence I fought him. I got in a couple nice ones,and before I knew it all his friends decided to join in. I ended up on the ground getting boots to the head. Finally someone broke it up, and I left pretty quickly.

Now I'm left sore and in a bad mood. Not because of the fact that I lost, but because I have to deal with this bull**** my first night back home.
I hate fighting...

Hmmm….. Rule #1, don’t party, bar hop, go clubbin alone. As much as we would like to think the human race is a species in it’s own class way ahead of any other organisms in this world, we are human, we are mammals, we are animals we are savage beasts deep down, we can’t help it, but some can control it better than others. Going out alone, especially alone, is like a solo wolf on the prowl stumbling onto an already established wolf pack. They will smell you, size you up, fuck with you till you snap, and jump your ass. This is the way it ALWAYS happens. And it’s not that the person who initiates the attack has anything against YOU, it’s that he wants to establish himself among his pack. How many times has a lone wolf come along and started a fight with someone they don’t even know??? It just doesn’t happen unless the person is insane or something. With out the wolf pack, there’s no reason to fight, their balls are soo small, they WILL NOT fight without their wolf pack. So don’t worry about these jackasses, 99% of the male population is this way, especially the young wolfs. If you watch national geographic, almost all species act this way. This is life, this is just the way it is. Just don’t succumb to the ridicule and break… you’re only falling into the trap. If it really does bother you and you can’t stand it, wait till the M-fer is ALONE. Catch him after work, after school, ect and confront him ALONE, without any of your buddies around either, hell without ANYONE around. More than likely the little pussy won’t even say anything to you, cause deep down he’s fuck’n scared of you, that’s why he chose you in the first place to fuck with in front of the pack. So if you really can’t stand it, go after him ALONE, like a man, when he is ALONE and don’t say a fuckin word, just beat the shit out of him. Don’t kick him in the head when he is down, don’t let him hit his head when he falls unconscious, look after this poor soul, you don’t want to kill him or anything.

Rule #2 When you are out with all your buddies, and you see this happening to a lone wolf, you and your buddies jump in and stop it from happening before it starts.

Rule #3 If someone in your pack is doing this to someone, don’t jump the guy he started shit with when he’s getting his ass beat, stop the fight and respect the lone wolf for standing his ground.

---
xenaswampjumper SPANKS THIS ASS!!! I WISH karenmeal spanked this ass too.....

Get three friends.
Find one of them.
Make a really good example out of them.

If you are ever questioned by the law, this guy jumped you before, it was self defense. You have 3 witnesses.

I don't subscribe to the "suck it up and let them continue to abuse others". They will, with impunity. There are no consequences.

The "Be a man and walk away..." option just means "I hope it won't be me again".

Changing their attitude in a pro-active manner can make the world a better place.

Get three friends.
Find one of them.

If you are ever questioned by the law, this guy jumped you before, it was self defense. You have 3 witnesses.

I don't subscribe to the "suck it up and let them continue to abuse others". They will, with impunity. There are no consequences.

The "Be a man and walk away..." option just means "I hope it won't be me again".

Changing their attitude in a pro-active manner can make the world a better place.

Ahhhh.... Bullshit..... Don't stoop to his level by doing the same thing as he did to you. Handle your business.... alone. Set an example.

---

I hate assholes who start fights for no reasion let me recount this little tale from my youth.
The guys and I were suposed to e playing poker, then one of the guys gets a call from this chick who aparently I knew her sister, and was like lets go to a club, so we all agreed to go pick up said chicks and then go to the club.
We get to the club and get on line. Yeah I really belonged there in my denim whirt with a tie dye under it. Anyway this guy hops inthe line in front of me and starts talking to this chick. I'm still col. He then says to me, "Yo! I just cut you man."
I said, "Ok, I just don't want any trouble."
Then this pussy starts shouting at me say so and so is great. I just gave him a WTF stare.
He then proceedes to punch me. The first punch I was still cool. The scond punch I was like ok this guy is bothering me. Then comes the third punch I was like this guy is oing down. I get into my stance and then his frind hops in betwen us and is like we don't want any of that here. I guess he realized his boy was about to get housed. I respected that I started to back away. Then this ashole decided to go after my friend. My friend rolled with the punch, and then we both decided to beat feat.
Some people have to be suck assholes.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

If it really does bother you and you can’t stand it, wait till the M-fer is ALONE. Catch him after work, after school, ect and confront him ALONE, without any of your buddies around either, hell without ANYONE around. More than likely the little pussy won’t even say anything to you, cause deep down he’s fuck’n scared of you, that’s why he chose you in the first place to fuck with in front of the pack. So if you really can’t stand it, go after him ALONE, like a man, when he is ALONE and don’t say a fuckin word, just beat the shit out of him. Don’t kick him in the head when he is down, don’t let him hit his head when he falls unconscious, look after this poor soul, you don’t want to kill him or anything.***

Terrible advice! First this will lead to an escalation. The kind of clown who starts fights with a group, might back down if you catch him alone but he will want revenge on you for hurting his fragile ego, and he will come back with his freinds later, only now he will not give you the option of backing down. Secondly, since you have sought him out, in the eyes of the law you have now started the fight (the fact that he was provoking you earlier will not matter to the police). If this guy gets hurt (or even killed which can happen) will the judge accept you saying "Your honour, his actions really bothered me so I wanted to teach him a lesson, and I knew he would be a pussy without his freinds" ? In a court you will be found guilty of assault ( potentially do some time in a federal pen as some thugs bitch), and he will be able to take you to civil court and sue your ass off! Like you said these guys are pussies and like schoolyard bullies who run crying to the teacher when someone hits back, these guys will not be ashamed to take you to court, even though they were starting it.

***Rule #3 If someone in your pack is doing this to someone, don’t jump the guy he started shit with when he’s getting his ass beat, stop the fight and respect the lone wolf for standing his ground

Are you suggesting that you should only stop the fight if your freind is getting his ass beat? Much like in rule #2 you should also stop this before it starts. Furthermore you might want to disassociate yourself with any freinds who go around starting fights. They will always get you in trouble, both in the streets and in court.

There is NO EXCUSE for fighting unless you are cornered and afraid for your safety. Inability to ignore disrespectfull behavior and walk away from a fight is a sign of immaturity, and will eventually get you a criminal record, a hospital stay or a casket.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I still say running away is cool.

The crap about "defending your manhood" just because some lowlife calls you out is bullshit.

so you gotta leap up like a puppet on a string just because of some BS that comes out of some big redneck's mouth?

it's a fucking lie. If you can't walk away, then run away.

Oh, boo hoo. the lowlife punk thinks I'm a pussy 'cos I ran away. yeah, i just won't be able to sleep at night worrying about his opinion of me.
:S:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

A couple of my friends "almost" got into a fight in a club in Central Georgia a few years ago... they didn't but its kind of funny and definetely deserves repeating.

My friends Jim and Christine(who is like 5'2" on a good day and cute as a button) were chilling one night at a club and Jim is "conversing" (reads "hitting on"...) with a couple of young "women" (they weren't ladies I assure you...) at the bar... when one of the two girls says something like "My friend likes you and I'm gonna beat up you're girlfriend... :S"

To which Jim replies "Oh, Her!?! She's not my Girlfriend! :D" and then says something to Christine about it... which at that point Christine (who is somewhat clueless on occasion...) took as her cue to leave... (with a Thumbs to Jim oddly enough... :D:D:S)

For what its worth... Jim didn't persue either of the women after that... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Get three friends.
Find one of them.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT follow this advice. I would never hesitate to destroy someone if I felt that my safety or that of someone I care about was in immediate danger. But going after them with your freinds will yeild negative results. They will escalate and come back with even more freinds. I am not advocating cowardice, just common sense! Do not ever start a fight, regardless of how much the other person deserves it! It is not unmanly to back down! Again, the inability to ignore an asshole whose self esteem is derived from beating the shit out of someone in front of his freinds is juvenile. I personally know a guy who still has permanent damage from a fight he got into over ten years ago, that he could have walked away from. He will bear the consequences of these injuries for the rest of his life, because he couldn't take the embarrasment of letting a guy call him a pussy! I also know two people who have criminal records for fights that they were not looking for. One of them had to live with his mother (in his 40's) because he could not get a job due to his record. Living with his mother unemployed did not do wonders for his dating life.

Incedentally the fact that you have 3 witnesses if you and your freinds go after him will not mean anything to the police. The cops is not that stupid that they will think this one guy came alone and started it with you and your 3 friends.

Taking advice from anyone advocating that you "Be a man and kick his ass", will have consequences that you might bear the rest of your life (which could be very short if you follow that advice).

Furthermore discussion forums are not a good source of advice for this sort of problem. You have no idea who you are getting advice from.

Cheers, and please use common sense,

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Terrible advice! First this will lead to an escalation.

I said to do this if you can't stand it, as opposed walking into a trap as this poor fellow did. And as I stated, I wouldn't give the shit stirrer a chance to back down. My personal experience of doing this is that after he runs to tell his friends they laugh, saying "what happened, you swore you could beat his ass a week ago :D". But you're are right, you should avoid fighting all together, just some of us get tired of taking it in the ass, which always leads to taking more in the ass, which leads to taking more in the ass... ect.Somtimes we snap, like this guy did, I was just saying to snap in a different way if at all possible.

Secondly, since you have sought him out, in the eyes of the law you have now started the fight (the fact that he was provoking you earlier will not matter to the police).

Most "tough guys", like these losers, wouldn't go to the police because that would make them a "snitch" which gets them thrown out of the "tough guy" club. Their friends will no longer have any respect for them and they'll probably never get laid in that town, or with the endless possibilities with the internet these days, anywhere at all. But your right it's not a good Idea to fight in the first place, we should all take it in the ass and call the cops afterwards. And BTW, you don't get time in the Fed Pen for disturbing the peace.

Rule #3 If someone in your pack is doing this to someone, don’t jump the guy he started shit with when he’s getting his ass beat, stop the fight and respect the lone wolf for standing his ground

I wrote this a little fast without thinking it through, I just meant if you have a friend that likes to start shit cause he thinks everyone is gonna save him, let him get his ass beat, or like you said stop it from happening.

---

When I was in school, it was 1200 kids. The school was 7th grade through 12th grades. That meant phys ed class included 100 lb 7th graders and 180 lb 12th graders.

If we were playing flag football, the 12th graders would run over the 7th graders just for the fun of it, or land on them if they fell. They never seemed to tire of it. The more they got away with it, the more it happened.

Eventually, one of the 7th graders tripped a 12th grader and the little guys piled on. Things slowed down on the abuse for a while after that because the 12th grader had some bruises and a limp for a week.

Risk/benefit analysis-
People can make excuses or cite examples. Fact is, abuse by idiots doesn't stop until the risks become greater than the consequences.

This how the victims list continues to grow.

However, it is correct that we should never take advice from a person on the internet. ;)

SHIT, the way I remember junior high school (in my school it was grades 7, 8, 9) was that some of us were scrawny little kids & others were pituitary mutants who were 6 feet tall & over 180 lbs.:S

fucking sucked.

it's real easy to say everything should be settled with a fight when you're one of the pituitary mutants.

on a side note: I was one of the little, nerdy, brainy kids at that time. I'm nomal sized now. I now have an MS in Molecular Biology & I am a scientist at a biotech company.

Two years ago, when I was driving back to my home town to visit relatives, I happened to meet one of the Big Guys who used to pick on me in Junior High.

I was just driving into town, & he collected my toll as I drove through.:P

I guess things never change. I used to give him my lunch money. Now he's collecting my toll from a little booth.
:P;)B|
Speed Racer

I was one of the 7th graders who put an elbow into the 12th grader who had been trampling me for 3 weeks.:)
Juvenile ? Yes. Did it stop everything ? No. Kids are idiots. I got my ass beat a week later. It did escalate too. I pissed in his clothes locker while he wasn't around. A great smell for the rest of the day. :D

Adults ? It is a lot more damaging. I've seen bad injuries.

The fight could be reported, but the police aren't going to do anything to those guys. It would be wrote off as "teenagers, alchohol, somebodys-word-against-somebody-elses..."

I'm against everyone in the world being a victim.
I don't want people to stand up all the time, but they do have to stand tall on occasion.

I guess things never change. I used to give him my lunch money. Now he's collecting my toll from a little booth.
:P;)B|

I had one of my HS bullies apologize to me at my 10 year HS reunion... Seems at some point he became a minister... Frankly... I didn't even rember having been pick on by him specifically.

In fact I only remember the name of one of my bullies.

Oh, and like you... I'm a successful engineer... although I'm only just now working on my Masters... of course someone else is paying for it. B|

Sometimes I find myself curious as to what some of them are doing... then I realize I just don't care. :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

feels great when things work out OK!:)the only problem is the "kids will be kids" attitude.

often teenagers are as big & strong as adults. And often they have access to deadly weapons. encouraging everyone who gets picked on to just go ahead & fight could send some promising young person to his death.

I have run away from fights before. Once when I was about 21 or so I was walking down a street & some unknown punks behind me yelled shit at me that they were going to kick my ass. I did not confront them, I ran. I had about a 60-foot lead on them.

Muggers don't have much of a work ethic, so they didn't pursue me after about 5 or 10 seconds of running.

I have no regret about running away from them. This happened during the mid80's during the whole crack-epidemic of violence, and I am confident that I did the right thing by running away.
Speed Racer

Well I ended up taking it easy today, and decided that I wont be doing anything about the fight.

In fact, it made me really think about the kinds of people I've been hanging out with, and to be honest I'm not planning to head that route.

I hope those dudes who kicked me got their confidence; because sooner or later with it they'll make a wrong move. :D

seeya on the flip side

[]DETE

Risk/benefit analysis-
People can make excuses or cite examples. Fact is, abuse by idiots doesn't stop until the risks become greater than the consequences.

This how the victims list continues to grow.

I couldn't agree more. Although I don't think this is a case of a schoolyard bully, these are all grown men we are talking about. What really pisses me off is that so many "GROWN MEN" these days are afraid to stand on their own two feet. It's like, hey buddy, if you want to act like a "BAD ASS", then get in a ring and fight with another "BAD ASS". Don't be a smart ass and try to push people around in attempt to impress your friends. These people are no different than someone who batters women. It's funny when the tables are turned, and they are the ones begging for the beating to stop, just like the women who were beat by them most defiantly did. With cowards like this, sometimes the charges are worth it.

---