johnny1488

If you're ever had fun at The Ranch in NY

We are, apparently after about 15 years of talk, getting a new building. It will house all of the aspects of the DZ, school, manifest, The Ranch Pro Shop and packing areas. If you have been here you know its been pretty "dirt cheap" in the past.

It's a very exciting time but one thing is certain. The "Great Hall" is not going to be here forever. Many, myself included are going to be sad to see it go. But things move forward.

So keep your eyes peeled for the "Burning The Ranch" boogie this year and come celebrate years of debachurey. It's gonna be one hell of a fire.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Learned at the ranch. Love going to other drop zones and seeing the 30-mile-in-every-direction-outs they've got there, and being like, "well, we had a river, a highway, and a small farm."

Burn baby, burn.

Ralph the Beast has been talking about things like "nitro glycerin" and aminium oxide or something like that.

Scary.

ohhhh, i'll bring the carbide...make some carbide bombs again (it's been a few winters since i've had them at the ranch B|:D)

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Don't forget the '6 stripe' field.

Did my AFF at the Ranch, aaah, those were the days...

still never landed there. landed off most everywhere else.... but not 6 stripe. it took me a long time to even learn where it was, even though i did my training there. is all good though....

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

It's a very exciting time but one thing is certain. The "Great Hall" is not going to be here forever. Many, myself included are going to be sad to see it go. But things move forward.

There's no way we can get rid of the Great hall! I say poll that on a new forum. There are far too many skydivers who have had great memories in there.

I remember this one time someone left a mattress on the floor and I totally got naughty with this cute chick I jumped with that day on it. Then RTB walked in on us. That's probably why the mattresses get burned. I hoped nobody slept on it afterwards.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

If you think your the only one who has "gotten naughty" with some chick on that mattress, I would hate to have seen it under a blacklight! :o

Mattresses are old hat. There isnt much at The Ranch that hasn't been violated in one way or another.

And I thought a good idea might be to build the new building on top of the great hall. A kind of living museum.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

We are, apparently after about 15 years of talk, getting a new building. It will house all of the aspects of the DZ, school, manifest, The Ranch Pro Shop and packing areas. If you have been here you know its been pretty "dirt cheap" in the past.

Are you going to get real indoor bathrooms too? ;)

:)many fond memories of the place..Jumped there when they first opened, Late 70's Lots of people from the old Stormville DZ....and from Conn and Jersey and Albany... The entrance road was on the other side of the building much closer to the runway...the earlier Otters came from a commuter airline which pulled the seats and flew on weekends.. i guess Billy and Kay et al made the arrangements.... The pilots wore white shirts with epilets and captains' hats!!!! hahaha honest to God !!! I don't think they had doors like we have today..In fact i bet the Ranch had a hand in inventing the plexi doors which are so common today... Soon enough freefall express was born and an otter or two or three were always on hand..
made some great jumps with nice people.. drove 5 and half hrs on friday afternoons with a small grin on my face ,, then drove 5 and a half hours on sunday nite.. with a BIG smile B|:)i wonder where they are now...:|:)