Kid_Icarus

Stock Investment Question

Where or who do you invest through? I am looking to invest a little in 1 stock for the summer. What's my best option?

I dont know that you could have asked a more broad question.
Yahoo finance has lots of good advice, articles etc.
As for brokers, investigate their fees, commissions, etc.
As for stocks... theres a lot of them, look for companies that operate in areas you know and/or understand. Then you you might be better equipped to determine their stock's performance over the next 4-6 months.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Well he should buy some anyways.:P

Better yet just invest in some futures and options, you can't loose!!!

Trick is to follow the market you are interested in. Find an up and coming company, or one that has been around for a long time that is making strides. If you really want to do it right it's gonna take research and time.
Stocks owned--- well I had 17 shares of my company stock until I sold it the other day. Just needed the money.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I know what i want to invest in and for how long. I am just interested in which company people USE to trade... Ameritrade, Charles Schawb, etc.... I am looking for low fees for 1-2 trades per year. Just seeing if anyone else was in the same boat and who they used.....

I keep getting emails about this great new stock. Funny thing is I don't remember subscribing to their service. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

If you want to do 1 or 2 trades a year at most, you really can't go wrong with scottrade. $7 for a trade is hard to beat. In fact, they currently give 3 free trades when someone else sends you their little invite ($500 account minimum). I stopped using them when I started trading options, but my coworker has an account, so PM me if you want an invite.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

i work for bear stearns in nyc...

if i could advise you on one stock that i think is gonna go up slowly but alot..it would be stock ticker hxl

its an investment stock...not somthing thats gonna blast uip in 2 months...but a great investment...read up on it and think for yourself
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead