RkyMtnHigh

The Hottest Hot Sauce you've ever had...

Dave's is about mid-range for the true hot sauces. It runs about 500,000 Scollville units. A Scollville unit (s.u.) is the measure of how hot a pepper is. For comparison tobasco sauce has 5,000 s.u. A jalepeno - 8,000 s.u. Habeneros run 300-500,000 s.u. Police grade pepper spray - 5,000,000 s.u. Pure capsaician oil - 16,000,000 s.u. My favorite is called "World Sauce" - claiming to be the hottest - by the way they ALL claim to be the hottest. It runs 1,000,000 s.u. 2-3 drops in a bowl of chili is about right. Then there are a few out on the market now that are pure capsaician like "Blair's 16 million reserve sauce" One drop in an entire batch of chili means I have to eat the whole batch myself! I made a batch for a contest I called "10$ chili" - I would give 10$ to anyone who would eat a medicine cupful (1 tbsp). 2 people took me up on it and they both offered me double the money back if I could make the pain stop. Be careful with the pure extract sauces. Besides costing a lot "Blair's 16 million" sells for 250$ for 1 ml! If it touches skin it will cause 2nd degree burns and if not used to really hot sauces can cause broncospasm to the point you can't breathe (a very bad thing). So welcome to the world of hot sauces - they're great. It's best to start out mild as you have done and work up from there. Enjoy!

I usually use mild sauce but I do love the name of a sauce at Tijuana Flats here in FL. It's called, "Slap my ass and call me Sally!" :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The fact that you're a beautiful woman who loves hot sauce has quickly moved you to # 2 on my "women I'd marry in a heartbeat" list.

You knocked Christiane Amanpour down to #3, by the way.

The best stuff that I ever had was HoodooVoodoo Blackened Hot sauce. It has a picture of a bog monster on the label. From New Orleans. Sweet, and Hot. I would do anything to get another bottle of that stuff.

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

Another favorite is the Mango Habanero sauce from the Snook Inn at Marco Island (Florida). I've called there several times to get more but they only make new batches certain times of the year and "are out":|. I suppose if I drive over there in person, someone will find a bottle to sell me.;)

Any chance you can share that recipe?
Last year we made a small batch (four pints) of Jalapeno Pepper Jelly. Nice combination of flavors.
Sweet jelly taste with a nice mild heat follow up.

Try the cracker with some aged Limburger, Brick or other stanky cheese with jelly topping to cover the smell.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Some of my current Faves:

Salsa: Xochitl (pronounced "so chee") Habanero Salsa. XXX hot, but still has a smokey flavor. excellent VERY HOT flavor

Hot Sauces: Pain is Good "Louisiana Style Hot Sauce"
and 95% Pain hot sauce.

while these sauces are not THE HOTEST, the are still very hot AND flavorful.

Another favorite is the Mango Habanero sauce from the Snook Inn at Marco Island (Florida). I've called there several times to get more but they only make new batches certain times of the year and "are out":|. I suppose if I drive over there in person, someone will find a bottle to sell me.;)

Stop by and say hi to my parents if you go there. I bet the bird and Pooch Dog will remember you.:)

Stop by and say hi to my parents if you go there. I bet the bird and Pooch Dog will remember you.:)

awww...Poochie and Toby:D. Talk about deja vu for Toby to say "ain't got no job" again:ph34r: while bobbing his/her lil head. Of course if I end up going over there soon, I'll call your mom (still have her cell programmed in my cell) and visit them.

Ummm I think the hottest sauce is Da' Bomb Ground Zero. It says to add with a toothpick and has a child warning label on it. My friend Amy eats it with a spoon she is Korean and we are convinced that she is part Dragon.:D:D:D-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

According to this website, Dave's Insanity is only rated at approx 50,000 Scoville Units...:S...whereas Mad Dog 357 is rated at 600,000 SU...:o

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

You're not dying from hot sauce until you can start to feel it eat through your stomach lining.

No joke. I saw some "stuff" at a promo table in a supermarket and thought I was a tuff guy, so I ate a whole bunch. After a while I was praying that only my lips would fall off. I could feel it gnawing through my stomach (and started to get scared). A gallon of milk later I was good to go. And I eat Thai chilies whole.

I have no idea what the name was, but I hope the "chef" dies in a vat of his own creation.;) It didn't even taste very good; it was just f***ing HOT.

Would that be in a bottle with a purple label with a skull-headed monster on the front?

http://www.texaschile.com/collectors.htm

"Voodoo Hoodoo  (Gator's Bayou Grill)  A blackened hot sauce (habanero) with a Goddess of Love voodoo doll attached to the front."

There's lots of hot sauces on this site.

I don't remember the name of it - but teh bottle came in it's own coffin.:|

That shit deserved to be in the coffin - pure hell fire.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

According to this website, Dave's Insanity is only rated at approx 50,000 Scoville Units...:S...whereas Mad Dog 357 is rated at 600,000 SU...:o

mh

Dave's Insanity is about as hot as I've ever gone. Couple drops in a 2 gallon pot of chili is enough.. I cannot imagine trying to eat anything hotter.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Would that be in a bottle with a purple label with a skull-headed monster on the front?
http://www.texaschile.com/collectors.htm
reply]

OMG!!! I so love you. I have looked all over to find a bottle. Thanks! :)

Heather

Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

I'm basically a Dragon. The hotter the better - sweating and convulsions are a huge bonus for a good hot sauce. ;)

Hottest I've ever had? It's called "DaBomb - The Final Answer." (http://www.hotsauceworld.com/hsw1400fa.html) It's liquid police-grade pepper spray, basically. I throw a couple drops into my hot wings if I want to make sure they leave an impression. This stuff makes Dave's Insanity Private Reserve Special Edition taste like a girl-scout thin-mint.

Hottest I eat on a regular basis and actually like? That's a tie between Iguana Joe's Extra-Hot sauce (http://www.iguanajoesaruba.com/store/products/hotsauce_x.htm) from Aruba, or You Can't Handle This Hot Sauce (http://www.hotsauceworld.com/youcanhanthi.html) - And believe me, it's not mis-named. 2 drops will make a bowl of mild salsa almost too hot to eat. But it's delicious and has a lovely smoky flavor! Highly recommended.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth