Girlfalldown

Help me get my skydiving obsession back!

For the past 4 years I've been totally obsessed with skydiving and then BASE in the last two-ish years. Now I'm finding it hard to get my ass out to the dropzone.

Part of it is my commute. I drive an hour each way to and from work and the last thing I want to do is drive another hour to go to the dz and then another hour back and repeat the next day on my only two days off knowing I have to drive to work again the next morning.

Hopefully that won't be such a big deal now since I'm renting a room in the city where I work to sleep in 4 nights a week and just driving home on the weekends but now I fear that I'll want to just spend time with my honey when I go home since I miss him so much in the week. He encourages me to go jump all the time but I just can't get my ass out the door! I need some motivation. I need an ass kicking!

What do you guys do when you lose your obsession with skydiving? How can I get it back?

Please, I'm depressing myself with my actions (or lack-there-of).

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

What do you guys do when you lose your obsession with skydiving? How can I get it back?

Please, I'm depressing myself with my actions (or lack-there-of).

You can have mine. I have been dying to get back in the air. :(

If you ever lose the want, remember what it was like when you couldn't. :S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

hmm maybe you can -
1) find a new interest (or disicpline) in skydiving or the people you jump withi.

2) get someone to come with you on the car ride or have them drive some weekends.

3) save every weekend jumping $ and go do an extended weekend trip to other dropzones around the country.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

It sounds like you are wanting to jump, but just don't want to drive. Here is the solution Pm me your address of either your home or where you have lunch on days you work, and I'll send a crack team of comandos to come over and kidnap you. Then they will shove you out of an airplane of their choosing.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I think it's healthy to not be obsessed with it. The bottom line is that for most of us, skydiving really is just a hobby and nothing more. A really exciting hobby for sure, but just a hobby.

If you aren't driven to do it, then you shouldn't bother because it will become more like a chore--making jumps just to rack up the numbers.

Maybe you need a break from it.

I generally just skydive one day out of the weekend now, and that works well for me.

Walt

The last time I felt that way I did a high hop and pop close to sunset, and just watched the scenery on a pretty spring day. No worries about anything, just enjoying having my knees in the breeze and hearing the canopy above me.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just got an ugly pm (not from GFD) so I removed the offer, please do the same in your post. Some people are just too perverted...

Why would someone send you an ugly PM for that? Tell them to lighten the hell up!

Thanks for the offer but I get to see my own every day (and they are spectacular!) :D

--------------

I've already taken 2 extended breaks from skydiving for 2 spine surgeries. This time though, I haven't quite bounced back with the drive I once had. [:/]

One variation on Wendy W's idea. I spent Sunday afternoon doing some CRW with Wendy Faulkner. I'd made a few CRW jumps before but it had been years. It was really nice.

Maybe switching disciplines every now and then is a good thing. I'm also ready to try wingsuiting.

Walt

Not ugly as in mean, but ugly as in perverted. Some people just take things too far. :S

I'm sorry that you don't have the drive that you once had. I know what it feels like to want to jump but there's just something holding you back. It sucks.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

The last time I felt that way I did a high hop and pop close to sunset, and just watched the scenery on a pretty spring day. No worries about anything, just enjoying having my knees in the breeze and hearing the canopy above me.

Wendy W.

Things like that have helped in the past but this is something else. Maybe I should get a wingsuit...:o

--------------

Not ugly as in mean, but ugly as in perverted. Some people just take things too far. :S

I'm sorry that you don't have the drive that you once had. I know what it feels like to want to jump but there's just something holding you back. It sucks.

damm sounds like I missed a good offer!! :( :(
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!