SkydiveStMarys

What are you doing today? Or what did you do today?

I'm starting the day packing for an over-nighter at the dropzone.

First I have to go to a funeral for an old friend of over 20 years (non-skydiver). I'll be singing at the service so I have to be there early to get ready.

Funeral starts at 11:00, I'll leave for it by 9:30. I expect to be at the dropzone by 2:30 pm, including the 1.5 hour drive there.

Hopefully a couple of jumps will clear my head from this morning's proceedings. [:/]

Bye Bill, you were worth knowing and you'll be missed...
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Aaaahh that so sweet...does she ever bring you or the kids cool stuff from the different places she flys to?

Bobbi

Mainly 'Dark Chocolate' from all over!B|

We usually go along quite a bit during the summer months, the kids know Paris, London, Tokyo...
better than they do downtown Houston!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

OMG!! Dark Chocolate!! Yummy!!!!!!!!

Thats is soooo cool about your kids.....I think I mentioned that to you before...you guys are great parents!!!!
One of the things that I appreciate my parents for it the fact that we did travel quite a bit when I was growing up and saw alot of the U.S. Never over seas, they didn't have the money for that...I had to do that as I became an adult...but its sad these days that there are alot of kids that never have been on a plane or hell, never crossed the state line...thats a damn shame.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

One of the things that I appreciate my parents for it the fact that we did travel quite a bit when I was growing up and saw alot of the U.S.

Yeah...they're spoiled ROTTEN!:ph34r:

The first year they were with us, they thought it was 'normal' to hop a flight every weekend, go to a different city and watch Dad jump an Air Show!B|

A couple years ago...
I'm in a PTA meeting and one of the boys teachers is 'scolding' me about the 'tales' he yells in class.

Seems they were talking about Earthquakes and the severity of the recent one that had hit Japan a couple days earlier.

My little guy says, "Yeah it was really scary cause all the power-lines were swaying and sparking...we ran off the sidewalk into the street 'till it was over."

The teacher told me how his 'vivid imagination' was making him the butt of some rather cruel jokes.

I told her..."It WAS scary...the power lines WERE sparking and windows were falling all around us!":)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'll be telling 30-40 people how not to kill themselves and their meat hauler... err tandem instructor. And then hopefully I'll be taking some of the big bucks I earn and spending it on a jump or two... if the weather pukes are wrong about the winds today, that is.

Working....................:(B|[:/]

Same here and there is ZIP to do today...so I have 12 hours of fun fun fun :S
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well I've had a pretty crap saturday:
Got up to do some revision (with a hangover>:()
Wasted a lot of time in dz.com
Gave up working and went for a run

Not much fun really. To cap it off, the weather has been great all week with no way of getting to the dz, then as soon as I manage to persuade someone to give me a lift it starts raining. sods law
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Did my first sprint triathlon today. Got up at 5 a.m. I have not been up that early forever. I however loved the sunrise I got to see.
Water temp was 71 degrees. I had a wetsuit though, no arms on it. I pretty much blew my swim. I couldn't get my pace right. Overall time was 1 hour 30 minutes. That was for 600m swim. 6.5mile bike, 1.5mile run, 6.5 bike, 1.5 run.
I came in 12 out of 17 in my age group. Damn that swim.
I have no plans for the rest of the day. I already had me a nap. Must get up eventually and get a card and some flowers. Hey I got other stuff yesterday i'm not that bad.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Still recovering from last Friday's boo boo... surgery. I had my doctors visit yesterday - got my stitches out and my hard cast on. Bad news it will be another 2 months before I get this off and able to put weight on it again. YIKES!!

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!