dixieskydiver

American Idol

Randy and Paula are too afraid of offending someone and someone might not like them. Simon, doesn't give a shit. He's there to do a job and does it. He's a judge of 'wannabe' stars and to critique the contestants and he does a good job of it. Too many viewers just can't handle the truth. As well as the rest of the crew on 'Idol'.
Noone is doing any of the contestants any good at all if, they sugar-coat everything. I think, the one Paula and Randy are really pulling the wool over the eyes of Elliott. The guy would make a good lounge singer. So would Katherine! Chris, would do well in biker bars. I think, Paris, will go to higher levels in spite of 'Idol'. Taylor, would be a good first act for a Southern rock band. Maybe, next season will have some really good talent.

Chuck

I like Simon, too. He keeps it real.

I think it's really impressive that Taylor has pretty much won Simon over. Simon didn't like Taylor at all during auditions because of his look, but even Simon had to admit last night that Taylor can really sing.

Walt

They can all, go home! I agree, Paula gets this look in her eyes when Elliott is on stage, like she'd 'do' him right there... in front of everyone. Middle age, has really taken it's toll with her.
Randy, needs to get his shit together! Paris and Katherine are not DUDES! Taylor, Elliott and Chris, are dudes! Gimme a break! Hip, is one thing, total gender confusion is another.

Chuck

The guy really can sing. I think, he really does 'feel' the music. Simon, was just trying to tell Taylor to cut the spastic dance shit and just SING! Like simon said; 'This is a singing' contest'! Simon, really needs to back-hand the shit outa Randy and Paula... and Seacrest! Those three, bring the show to all new lows! I think, I watch that show just to see if Paula gives Elliott a hummer on stage! Randy, would be telling Paula... 'Yo-yo, DUDE! More tongue, dog!' Simon would just sob. Seacrest would be bouncing around the stage screaming; 'What about meeeeee...?'[:/]:D

Chuck

Lemme see..
Elllleeeeeuuut: okay. I’d like to see him hang for another week. His performances didn’t give me chills, but they were okay. He’s becoming more comfortable and into his “own.”

Kat – she really had some jitters in the first performance. It was horrid. She did well in the second performance, but I thought singing on her knees and walking on her knees through the entire performance was dumb looking. She is truly the best “pop” singer there – I just don’t buy pop.
Chris – My boy Chris is just great. I enjoyed hearing Renegade…I was in junior high when that came out (I think)…in fact I had that on an 8 track..anyway …Second performance was just short of brilliant with the exception of his voice getting a tad weak, but it was still great. have I mentioned that he’s my favorite?

Paris – is getting better and better. It doesn’t mean I like her…I’m with the rest of you…that speaking voice of hers, is like nails on a chalk board. She did well on both performances. She’s just not my cup of tea. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’ll be her that evaporates tonight.

Taylor – I really enjoyed his performance. Simon can kiss my ass. He’s a performer and he makes us all feel good when we watch/listen. He’s a fun package. I found myself smiling through his whole –first song. I was cleaning my house in his second performance….it was okay. I could hear it. I’m sure if I watched it..it would have been better.

Bottom 2?
Kat/Elliott
[:/]

is

I thought Taylor's performance was the worst thing I've seen on American Idol. It was like Beatle's elevator music. Took the heart and soul right out of that song.

He seems like a nice enough guy and I hope he has a long career at the Las Vegas Hilton. You know when you've been gambling all night and it's 4 in the morning and you get up from the table to take a piss and on your way to the bathroom you pass by the whatever bar/lounge and the band is playing "Play that funky music white boy"? That's Taylor's calling!

:D:D:DI take it that you aren't a Taylor fan.

Like I said, I'm sure that I would have better enjoyed the song if I watched him, but just listening alone didn't do him or the song justice.

Did anyone notice that Paula was somewhat sober??? I think it screwed everyone up.

is

Elliot - Good, but I wonder what kind of record he would make. I imagine it would be R&B type stuff that I would not care for.

Paris - Bad song choices. Her voice does nothing for me. There is nothing unique about it.

Kat - spectacular voice. Last night was her worst so far though. Would I buy her album? No, but my wife might.

Chris - Totally one-dimensional. I am beginning to tire of his billy-goat vibrato. It's all so 1992. Can a rocker sell albums as a solo act? Don't think so.

Taylor - most unique and soulful voice in the competition. Don't believe me? Listen(live performance):

http://www.lytewave.com/georgia1.mp3

His album I would buy.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I wouldn't say it was the WORST thing, but I'm with you! a) doing the Beatles was a cheat, b) sorry, but isn't that song somewhat scared? and c) as far as I'm concerned, he didn't do it justice. No, he didn't butcher it, but as you said, it was lacking the heart and soul of the original. And the bad Vegas lounge act comment seems pretty accurate, too.

It *might* be enough to send him home tonight, but my money is still on Ell-eeeee-utt or Paris to leave tonight.

Oh- and note to Randy and the producers in case they are reading! PLEASE PLEASE no Beatles night on American Idol EVER! That will result in a lot of TV sets being destroyed all across America as people either throw things at them or pick up the tvs and hurl them out windows just to make it stop!!

Yeah! It's like, he's trying to start shit, pitting Randy and Paula against Simon. Seacrest, shoulda kept the beard and let it really grow... it woulda' covered a bunch of ugly. He's like some preppy-prick, 'it's all about me' jerk! Where is Dick Clark, when you need him?

Chuck

I gotta admit, I really get a kick out of Taylor. I think, he really feels his music but, he's just middle of the road. Paris, is really going to go places, after her time on Idol. The girl, really has a voice for such a young girl. Whoever selects her outfits, should have stayed with costuming for Devo! The ghetto camo and silver lame'? Gimme a break! Katherine, has a mediocre voice and the crawling on her knees on stage... what's with that? Hopefully, next year will be better.

Chuck

Isn't that Seacrest's JOB? To stir sh** up? Last year, I can't even count how many times he got Carrie to say something that made her look REALLY stupid, just by asking the right questions and leading her. I thought that was pretty bad, but this year, he really stepped it up. Its been so much more blatant, especially some of those early "interviews" with Kellie- "So, what did you eat THIS week, Kellie?"

OK- I've got to disagree about Katharine. I think she has a beautiful well trained voice with a lot of power and range. Not at all mediochre. I love the whole classic bluesy feel to it- she reminds me a little of Kelly Clarkson. I *hope* after she wins they allow her to record something that plays to her strengths and they don't try to force into a "pop" mold like they did with Clarkson's first CD. (sure, it sold really well, but it was pretty crappy!)

But I'm with you about the crawling around on her knees bit. That I did not get at all! But I thought she sounded great!

I think, that goes along with the 'ego' thing, I was referring to. Trying to make someone else look bad or stupid with the alterior thought of making himself look like he's Mr. Wonderful. The problem with Seacrest is, he's a nothin'! The show is like Simon said... '...about singing and the contestants.' It's not about Seacrest or the judges.

Chuck

Its heating up to a sing-off between Katherine and Chris. Elliot has talent but not the 'looks' (but then again, look at Clay Aikens).

I no longer care. I'm waiting for Seacrest to catch a punch in the mouth on camera (PLEASE Simon, do this for ME!) and Paula to fall out of her chair at some point. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I don't watch the show, but I'm watching an interview with Simon right now. He said Ryan has the biggest ego of anyone he's ever met in his life and if he could marry himself, he would! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon