dixieskydiver

American Idol

I missed it, but heard about it. I'm really shocked.

Tell me....did Paula lose her mind??? Did she cry?:D:D:D

No, Paula did rather well, last night. Maybe, she's getting treatment. She was even 'cuttin' up' with Simon!
edit to add: Until recently, I thought Paula was pretty 'classy'.

Chuck

I never watch the results show either. But this time change thing is still kicking in for me. I'm normally in bed by 9 (I know...LOSER) on weekdays but this past week, I've stayed up an hour past bedtime:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

It's Tuesday night, time to talk about American Idol.

Since my lady, Mandisa is gone, the show is just not the same. For me, she went waaaaay too early.:(

I think the music of Queen was a difficult theme. The ones who stood out for me was Katherine and Taylor. Paris really surprised me also. I think Chris has really got to change it up soon. He's still my #1 pick, but I think he's stagnating. Ace has really got to go. His voice is not even close to the same league as the rest. Who the fuck is keeping him on?

Thoughts anyone?

Chris

Although he chose a lesser known song, I thought Chris was amazing, and Katharine very good with a few not so great notes. Am I the only one who would have liked to have seen the number she was originally going to do?

No one should EVER attempt Bohemian Rhapsody when you can't even do half the song and someone needs to explain to Kellie Pickler that a) its not a honky tonk song and b) lose the Elvira/ Bride of Chuckie makeup. Ugh! Truly hideous!

I agree about Ace- also what was he thinking trying to screw with the arrangement of We Will Rock You?

I can't stand Paris, but she was pretty good last night. It STILL looks like she's playing "dress up" though! She just raided someone else's closet this time.

Elliot was just plain bad. Taylor- too hyper. Bucky? OK, but still a little too "Big Tom" with the vocals.

And as far as Chris needing to change it up, didn't he do that last week? And get put down for it?

I don’t know man
IMHO everyone sucked. But that was not unexpected, no one can do Queen. When they did the tribute to them many years ago and all the so-called stars came out to do queen songs they all sucked.

Chris did the best but he should have done The Show must go on.

My favorite part was when Ace was trying to tell the guys from Queen how they should change the song and they in a nice way told him to know his role and shut the fuck up. When he said he thinks he rocked I was laughing my ass off. If it weren’t for the 14 year-old girl vote he would have goon home along time ago.

Paris looked so uncomfortable and she sounded like she was reading an essay.

They sucked so bad, I knew it was going to be bad but not like that Freddie must have been doing back flips in his grave.

I actually got out my Queen CDs and have been listening to them to cleanse my soul of the horrible performance I saw last night.

Is it me or do they think screaming is singing?

The only good part about watching American Idol last night was it made me shit, piss and vomit at the same time so now I feel really clean.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

It's Tuesday night, time to talk about American Idol.

Since my lady, Mandisa is gone, the show is just not the same. For me, she went waaaaay too early.:(

I think the music of Queen was a difficult theme. The ones who stood out for me was Katherine and Taylor. Paris really surprised me also. I think Chris has really got to change it up soon. He's still my #1 pick, but I think he's stagnating. Ace has really got to go. His voice is not even close to the same league as the rest. Who the fuck is keeping him on?

Thoughts anyone?

Chris

Queen! Good Lord! Those songs are all over the scale! Mandisa, did go too soon! She has a great voice. Taylor, did great, I thought. Except for kicking-over the mike stand. Chris is getting (to me) old... fast! His rendition of Creed doing Queen, sheeesh. The guy could do voice-overs for Creed. Ace... no 'voice'. He's flat, boring. Paris, knocked me out. I thought Kelly did a really good job. I get a kick out of her. You can't miss that cute Southern accent doing a rock number. She's just, 'real'! It seems to me, the judges are 'pushing' Elliott (I think, that's his name). The last couple weeks, the judges have oooed and aaahed his singing and he just doesn't strike me as all that much.

Chuck

My take on this year:

This has been my least enjoyable American Idol yet. At first, I thought it was bound to be the best--afterall, I feel these are some of the best singers (except Kelly Clarkson, still goes down in my book as taking the cake on the most amazing undiscovered talent ever!).

Every week almost, though, has been awful>:(

Last night--Bucky: Someone said "mediocre" and that was putting it nicely.
Ace: I think I puked a little in my mouth. Horrible! Wretched. I will use his time in the future for a bathroom break.
Kelly Pickler--Wow, did she look old! And her voice was way off. Awful! And the "on paper" comment to Simon--I'm getting tired of the Jesssica-Simpson-is-this-tuna ridiculous comments.
Chrs: THANK YOU, LORD! Amazing. I loved it! But, agreed with Simon it might have been even more amazing to hear him sing a more well-known tune.
Katherine: FABULOUS. Funny, though, how they always put her & Chris together. I wonder what the wife thinks of that?:S
Taylor Hicks---I loved it! I can't believe Simon didn't. He's my favorite along with Chris.
Paris: It was funny. I said during her last note. "That was just weird." and Simon said the same.

Who did I miss? Were they that forgettful?

Last night was terrible>:(

Edit: I remember. I forgot Elliot. He's my hunny's fave. I enjoy him, but was not impressed last night like the judges were. I thought it was NO comparison to Freddy Mercury, who is, by the way, WAY out of the league of most of these folks.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

One thing I try to keep in mind, in regard to the contestants 'stage appearance'. They have coaches and make-up people. Kelly, is just out of her league, trying to sing Country. I think, she'w a down to earth girl and is sincere. She should be on that Country music star search program, kinda' like Idol.
I thought it was pretty cool that, Kerri (last year's Idol winner) won a CMA - Award for Best Female Video, for her song; 'Jesus Take The Wheel!"
With the exceptions of (to me), Kelly, Paris and Taylor... this series of shows is really lack-luster.

Thuck

Okay...alot of it was completely forgettable to say the least and I kept finding myself doing chores to stop the agony.

Ace: was he on the show last night? did he sing?:D Bryan seemed peaved, but frankly .... Paul Rogers isn't doing them any favors, so...why not play "we will rock you" to a militant beat? I thought it was kinda cool.

Kelly: Aside from the folks that "Britney'd" her appearance, she got away with singing that song. It was cute.

My Boy Chris: Yummy. I didn't like the eyeliner though. He's the real deal. The hypocrites that tell him to go back to himself, then change it up need to check on their xanax dosage.

Katherine...good performance...I'm glad she didn't do the cutesy/bouncy thing...it's just not her....I would have puked.

Taylor - dayam that guy is an entertainer...fun performance.

If I forgot anybody...it's just cuz they don't matter. I must have coincidently taken a pee-pee break during their performance.

----"out"

is

Bohemian Rhapsody was never meant to be a cute honky tonk song. EVER! It was awful! worse than when Constantine did it last year, and I didn't even think that was possible! And geez- what is with her makeup people? One week she looks pretty, sexy, kind of natural and the next she looks like the living dead. Last night was not the frst time she got the funeral parlor makeup! Not to mention, she had so much goop on her eyes that if she blinked, they would have been stuck shut!

There's just something about Ace that makes me want to kick him in his pretty little face. What is it? He reminds me of an LA wannabe actress or something. He should get a job as a waitress.

Maybe he needs to get into a few barfights or something. I don't know. He's just too pretty. OMG, he's a diva!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Well, I'm not about to miss Lost for American Idol, but I did see that the bottom 3 were Ace, Elliot and Bucky. And Simon was ripping on Ace and saying he should be the one going home, and the camera kept panning to Ace making sad puppy eyes. I didn't watch long enough to see any of Paula's antics, but I think much of the show focused on Ace the Face and his sad puppy eyes! He really is pretty, but where is that puke icon when we need it?:P

Regarding our girl Paula, she did claim at one point that Simon tickled her under the table.:S And at another point Ryan asked her to give her opinion on the bottom 3 and she went on this long diatribe that made absolutely no sense. I believe she was a bit toasted last night.

Chris

Time for the Tuesday night recap. I enjoyed tonight. I was raised listening to standards as my mom made a living singing the standards. I really think it is a 'singer's' genre.

The standouts tonight were Chris, Taylor, Paris and Katherine with the grand slam.

It was great to hear Chris sing probably my most favorite song, step out of his element and connect with the lyrics. He deserves to win this competition.

I agreed with Simon in regard to Taylor. Song started out boring and then he brought the Taylor magic on.

I have no criticism for Katherine. This was her element and she delivered big time. I think she will be in the top 2.

Paris was vocally perfect but if I have to come up with one criticism, I felt she didn't fully connect with the lyrics.

Poor Kellie, she really dropped a bomb tonight. On a positive note, atleast she knew it was not good. This is not her element at all. Too many times, I've seen contestants who completely sucked and believed they were great. This showed that she really does have a good ear.

I have no idea who is going home tomorrow; but I hope it is Ace.

Chris