dixieskydiver

American Idol

*Bump*

I just heard on MTV News (my main source of information on the goings-on in the world:D...J/K) that Chris Daughtry is getting slammed online for his rendition of Johnny Cash's "Walk the Line".

Allegedly the band, LIVE, did this same rendition a while back and Daughtry was credited for his creativity and "unique twist" on an old favorite.

Some say he should be forced off the show, others say the producers were at fault for not giving credit to the band, LIVE.

I vote producers are at fault. I didn't hear my hottie Chris taking credit for the rendition.

:S
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

If that's true, your honey Chris should have spoken up when the judges were heaping the praise on him. Either it was an original arrangement or it wasn't. Funny though, I haven't heard of the band Live in ages- wasn't their big hit in the early 90s?

edited to add- I feel kind of dumb because I was really impressed with that performance. I should have known American Idol would never allow one of their contestants to have any real creative control.

oops.. jumped the gun... a little premature postage... :$

I agree... but I'm not sure simon actually has the "pulse" of the american people... and most of the time I think he might be merely being a jerk just to be a jerk... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

IMO, the show absolutely sucked big time tonight.

Ryan did bring up the situation with Live's version of 'Walk the Line' tonight. I guess they felt the heat.

My two favorites let me down. Chris just screamed his song tonight. I honestly don't think he sang a single note. Maybe I just hate the song. Mandisa sang OK, but American Idol is not the place for a religious song. This may have hurt her.

Going home tomorrow: Lisa or Bucky.

The show just sucked.

Chris

I feel the need to comment some more.

Lisa...Lame imitation of Kelly Clarkson
Ace...Lame imitation of Train. Shit, the song sucked when Train did it.
Katherine...Lame imitation of Christina Aguilera
Paris...Lame imitation of Beyonce
Elliott...So so imitation of Bo Bice.
Bucky...Lame imitation of Tim McGraw
Kellie...Suds in a Bucket...wtf?

Anyone seeing a pattern here?[:/]

Chris

I agree- the show was just plain bad tonight. It was the first night I saw that Lisa was actually bad, not just dull. Even Mandisa was off- she just screamed through the whole performance.

Randy kept harping on song choice, but I think a huge problem was the 45-60 second time limit. Those songs weren't meant to be chopped up like that, not that any are, but with the newer material it was really obvious. Maybe 21st century night should have been postponed to a later round when they can almost sing an entire song.

I actually thought Chris did a decent job with that song- a decent homage to Creed, if you will. Simon is such a hypocrite, though. They praise him for being a "rocker" and staying true to himself and when he attempts to actually sing rock, Simon puts him down and essentially says he's in the wrong competition. What they really want is a cleaned up pop imitation of a rocker. Someone more like Ace, I guess.

Randy kept harping on song choice, but I think a huge problem was the 45-60 second time limit.

Very good point. Last week with 11 contestants the show was 2 hours. This week with 10 it was only 1 hour.:S Did Chicken Little take up an entire hour...or did it just seem that way?:|

Chris

Daughtry is still my first choice, but tonights' performance...bleh. Maybe because I can't stand Creed and I'm doing some sort of transference.

You're transferring.

Daughtry absolutely fucking killed it tonight!B| His was my favorite performance, followed by Taylor and, surprisingly, Bucky. I agree that everyone was off tonight. This was probably the worst show yet performance-wise from everyone.

I like how they addressed the "Live" thing, but honestly, it's American Idol. Someone get mad at who arranged it. Their job is just to sing it, and he sang that version of "Walk The LIne" well I thought.

Did anyone else notice that Elliot swapped the first two lines of his song, then almost flubbed the following line a second later?:|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

If all the performances were like tonight's, i'd never watch the show again. It stunk.

Chris was awesome..a little off, but still damned strong.

Mandisa screamed.

Taylor and Elliot were my two other favorites.

Lisa needs to hang it up. She's the weakest link.

Bye bye bucky or Lisa.

Kelli will hang in there because of who she is...she's just a doll.

Paris did very well, and so did Katherine. I just am not crazy about either one.

Oh....Ace just reminds me of a brady bunch boy (greg) singing...umm....nope..not for me.

Simon was right about nearly everything...nearly...he was off on his comment about my boy Chris.

Our girl Paul was on uppers tonight and seemed to be able to string a couple of words together and form somewhat of a sentence. I was impressed:|

is

Oh....Ace just reminds me of a brady bunch boy (greg) singing

Oh, but Paula wanted to see his scar, didn't she? :P

IMO, they saved the best 3 performances of the night for last. Amazingly Bucky did okay, Paris rocked, and Elliot showed talent.

Maybe it's my music background, but Elliot seems to be doing overall the best throughout the competition. Wish he'd change his haircut, though! :S Taylor did and is actually starting to look like he cares about his appearance!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I like Katharine, but I didn't like her last night. I thought her vocals were way off. Plus I prefer when she just sings- last night I got the impression she was trying to show off her range and professional training. When the opera singer did that, she got the boot.

And I just can't stand Paris even though she can sing and did well last night. (She looked a little unsteady trying to dance on those heels last night- like she got into her mom's shoes again!)

And you are correct- Paula seemed sober last night. Clear eyed, alert, coherent. Go figure. I wonder how long it will last.

I got so bored with the show, I flipped to America's Next Top Model and missed most of Bucky's performance, but what I caught was surprisingly good.

Elliot is talented, but I didn't like him last night. This time I'll go with Randy and say "Poor song choice". I thought maybe he'd put his jazzy spin on it and that's what he said he was going to do with it, but he didn't. All he did was make it more blah than the original.

Ace with the scar thumping- WTF was up with that? The guy's pretty but dull and he's trying to come up with a "thing" that keeps him interesting. Ugh.......

Simon wasn't wrong about Chris, he was honest. They don't want a real rocker on AI, and he was telling him he'd have to play their game if he wanted to stick around. (And the credit to Live for their arrangement of Walk the Line- too little too late. Not that the show cares- its Chris that looks bad.)

Um...i didn't say I thought Paula was sober...I said, I thought she was on uppers....she was still pretty whacky. There's something very strange going on with her.

Re: Ace's scar thumping....I'm glad I didn't have anything in my hands, as I would have hurled it at the TV...that was lame, lame, lame.

He really seems to just be naive as hell...when he matures, perhaps he'll find a better way to display his talent.

So...you agree? tonight, bottom three: Bucky, Lisa, Paris.

is

Simon wasn't wrong about Chris, he was honest.

Did you notice how Simon contradicts himself. Last week he told Chris that he was the only one in the competition who refuses to compromise. This week, he tells him that he crossed the line with the rocker bit.

Simon needs to make up his mind while Paula tries to find hers.:|

Chris

I give up on predicting that stuff. I do think Elliot will leave soon, but maybe not tonight. I just don't see him as a fan favorite. He's a jazz singer, he's older and he's odd looking. Lisa is a cute young girl, and she's usually got a decent voice, but after two weeks in the bottom 3 and a bad performance, tonight might just be her night to go home.

And obviously, Paris doesn't irritate the rest of the country as much as she does me! I think Bucky and Elliot will leave before Paris, unfortunately.

Simon needs to make up his mind while Paula tries to find hers.:|

:D

Did anyone catch it when Paula told Ace he has to tell her the story of the scar sometime and Simon told Paula something like "that's enough"? :ph34r:

Yes, last night's was the worse one yet.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

That's classic Simon. He's done that ever since I've been watching the show. With the yonger performers, he'll put them down one week simply for being too young and when they go for a more mature look or sound the following week, he tells them they aren't being themselves.

Did anyone catch it when Paula told Ace he has to tell her the story of the scar sometime and Simon told Paula something like "that's enough"?

Yes. Two years from now when Ace is trying to market his shit ass CD, 60 minutes will have an interview with him about his affair with Paula.:S

When Ace was singing that song, I could see his dumb IQ working. "Now I have to sing the word 'scar'. At this point I should show a 'scar'.":S:S

And to think women want to bang him.......:|

Chris

American Idol sucked last night!!! Oh my goodness....what is the deal with the last couple of weeks? Even Taylors performance, I wasn't impressed with.......

Prince is supposed to be doing some "coaching" in the next couple of weeks...that should be interesting...

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.