dixieskydiver

American Idol

I don't care what everyone says, Simon included... Mandisa wasn't all that last night. She went off key and at one point fizzled and almost chirped. Why does everyone think she is so good?

I re-listened to some of the performances last night. Not once did Mandisa go off key. I don't know if you're thinking of Lisa who did go off key at one point.

Chris

Chicken Little seemed a little humbled last night didn't he?

What stood out for me with Chicken Little was that he took Manilow's advice and did exactly what he was told. It was good advice and it worked as well as it could for Chicken Little. He has tops one more week after this. There are probably 4 contestants that are clearly on a much higher level than the rest. Over the next 4-5 weeks, I think we'll see Chicken Little, Lisa, Bucky, Elliott and Ace out the door (This is in no particular order).

Chris

I think Ace will be on a soap opera by this time next year, and doing very well. :P He's a nice looking young man, but his voice doesn't cut it. I know there's an AI reject from a couple of seasons back on One Life to Live already.

See? You said it right there! Ace, has an 'Ace in the hole', right there! He's got 'connections. He hooks-up with the other AI reject and bingo!:D
Seriously, he'd probably do quite good at 'Soaps'.

Chuck

Lisa, Paris, Bucky, and Chicken Little BORE ME TO TEARS. Katherine isn't gonna make it, but she'll make it longer than those guys.

I'll agree with you on 4 out of 5. I like paris. It's absolutely strange, how her voic goes from 'squeeky' to this wonderful, gutsy adult like singing voice.
The others, like Simon said, sound too karaoke.

Chuck

I have a theory as to why chicken little may be getting enough votes to survive. He's from Levittown, NY which is in an area that is very densely populated. A lot of the other contestants are from small towns. So, he has the benefit of a much larger hometown vote. Make sense?

If it doesn't, I'm out of ideas as to why he is still there.[:/]

Chris

Hooray! Chicken Little can cluck his way back to Disney, finally. Oh my gosh, what a relief. Nice kid, just get out of my show, please.

Thank you:P

I got tired of his 'crooner' style. Not to mention his arrogance and smart mouith. On with the show!

Chuck

Unfortunately I liked him b/c of his entertainment value to me in the first few seconds...you'd have Chris Daughtry rockin' it out...then the next to go would be Chicken Little with some soft, quiet, gentle rendition of an already boring song. It would always make me laugh and make fun of him. I can't help myself...:D

Again, really sweet kid obviously, but the kind of kid that is just BEGGING to be the butt of a few jokes.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Unfortunately I liked him b/c of his entertainment value to me in the first few seconds...you'd have Chris Daughtry rockin' it out...then the next to go would be Chicken Little with some soft, quiet, gentle rendition of an already boring song. It would always make me laugh and make fun of him. I can't help myself...:D

Again, really sweet kid obviously, but the kind of kid that is just BEGGING to be the butt of a few jokes.

Chicken Little, was getting to be more of a... butt-head!

Chuck

I was actually floored when he went home. I thought Bucky's performance was the worst and that he has the least appeal to the Disney and Granny masses...but he skirted by this time.

I teared up a little when they said goodbye. "Cause he had a bad day ":D

Thanks for your concerns guys....I think I'll be okay.

Bucky and Lisa are on their way out buh bye....yer out!!

is

I was actually floored when he went home. I thought Bucky's performance was the worst and that he has the least appeal to the Disney and Granny masses...but he skirted by this time.

I teared up a little when they said goodbye. "Cause he had a bad day ":D

Thanks for your concerns guys....I think I'll be okay.

Bucky and Lisa are on their way out buh bye....yer out!!

Bucky is, to me, bland. No zip. no zing. Ho-hum singer.

Lisa, has a nice voice but a bit on the boring side.

They'll be next. i feel pretty confident about that.

Chuck

Chicken Little, was getting to be more of a... butt-head!
Chuck

I never really got the "chicken little" thing. Sure, he's the smallest guy, but he IS as big as that pencil neck Ryan Seacrest.

You don't think that Kevin looks like the disney cartoon character?

Ryan Seacrest, is an arrogant self-serving jerk. Sheesh! I can't handle that guy.

I caught the last of a story on Paula Abdul on Fox News, last night. From the sounds of it, Paula is causing quite a 'stir', in regard to her actions on Idol. Everybody is wondering if, she is on something or maybe bi-polar... all sorts of things. Those 'close to her', say she is just fine. Hmmm... are those folks watching the same Paula we are?

Chuck

So there I was, no shit, at a Shriners hall attending the first anniversary party of a fireman/emt motorcycle club in town. Live entertainment was the band "Rule Of Nine." Lead singer? Rocky Covington. Yes, Bucky's brother. They were great and, more to the point, Rocky was a fantastic lead singer. He's a better singer than his brother in my opinion.

Likewise, he, and the rest of their band, were very nice guys. Katie and I shared many adult beverages with them.

Turns out he had strep throat during AI tryouts and just didn't sing well. He is, however, trying out for the next "Rock Star" series. Apparently the band they are going to fill this year is either Stone Temple Pilots or one other band I can't recall right now. Anyway, Rocky was a nice guy and a great singer.

Chuck

Chuck was very funny. Rocky's wife walked up and tried to give us Bucky Buttons and Chuck was like, "Look, bro, your brother's cool and all - in fact, I think you sing a hell of a lot better - but I ain't voting for him, I'm voting for Chris all the way! Now, let's have a cocktail!":D

Rule of N9ne

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here