MagicGuy

Why Do Women Like Cocky Assholes?

This has been bothering me for a while now. It seems like so many women enjoy the company of a complete and utter cocky prick by their side. I have many friends that take the cocky approach with women and they are the ones that are getting the girls. While me, on the other hand, is the total opposite. I'm a nice guy, I like to think I'm decent looking, yet it's not very easy for me to get girls.

So what to do about this situation? Well, I did a little test to see how well women would respond to me if I were to take the asshole approach to things. I have a job where I see a lot of women on a daily basis. There are a few that I'm flirty with here and there, so instead of being the nice guy, I went with a cocky approach. The results...

What the fuck?!? The women ate it up!! I didn't go overboard with things, I was just being cocky about looks and stuff like that, being an "above average looking guy that gets looked at like a piece of meat all the time", ya know shit like that. The response makes me want to re-think how I kick game to females. But I don't know, I am a nice guy at heart and I would really have to work at something like this.

So, guys, what is your approach to picking up women? And ladies, are you attracted to the cocky type or are you looking for "the nice guy"?

Because cocky assholes are self assured, and women are attracted by men who seem to know what they want. You must assert yourself my brother.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Well yeah, I understand that, but there's a difference between men who know what they want and men who basically talk shit to women, slightly degrading but in a sarcastic type of way.. it's hard to explain and even harder to understand why women are attracted to it.

So, guys, what is your approach to picking up women? And ladies, are you attracted to the cocky type or are you looking for "the nice guy"?

I just be myself, if women don't like it (no, I'm not cocky) that's their problem...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Well yeah, I understand that, but there's a difference between men who know what they want and men who basically talk shit to women, slightly degrading but in a sarcastic type of way.. it's hard to explain and even harder to understand why women are attracted to it

Well, first off, you really need to ask yourself, is a woman who responds to being denigrated anyone you'd want to have a relationship with?

A confident, mature woman is not looking to play games and have games played on them. Above all, you need to be yourself, be confident about it but not an ass, and wait for the woman who is smart enough to appreciate you.

Don't waste time on idiots.

Maybe it's because cunt's like dick's

That's awesome!

Thats also wrong. There are no ' as "cunt's and dick's" are being used in possessive sense.

Cheers
Spellin' Police

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

I've personally given up on the whole concept. I know that my lifestyle would never provide the financial support most women are expecting out of a relationship, so I save both of us the trouble.

All freedoms come with their own prisons.

My worst experience ever was being attracted to the typical cocky asshole who really did me wrong -- in so many ways. He cheated on me with 2 different women and lied to me the whole time we dated (about 6 months total). I've decided I would MUCH rather have one of the "nice guys" about whom I don't have to worry or second guess. This cocky asshole I dated was hot, good-looking and extremely attractive, along with witty, intelligent and funny. However, I learned through him that those things don't make a relationship work. From now on I will only date someone who is genuinely a nice guy. Things just go better that way -- much less hurt involved.

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying

This debate has been had over and over...

I still say that "Nice guys" do NOT finish last. What you seem to be talking about is "picking up chicks" and/or "scoring" which is quite different from actual relationships. Granted one can lead to the other... but most of the time scoring is just about the adventure. And for adventure... yeah... cocky guys are more fun. But, do they want to rehabilite an asshole or just dump him and move on....

Some interesting reads:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=282566;search_string=nice%20guys;#282566

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1450821;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

It's refreshing to know that not all women are attracted to dickheads. Like I said, I can play the part for so long, but when it boils down to it I'm a nice guy, and nothing's going to change it.

I'm also an above average looking guy that drives a nice car and makes a lot of money B|

It seems like so many women enjoy the company of a complete and utter cocky prick by their side. I have many friends that take the cocky approach with women

I like the challenge....I'm cocky too :ph34r:
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Which is why I'm not seeing anyone... I'm not, nor can I be a cocky prick... I'm happy with myself just as I am... If women don't see what they're missing then they aren't good enough for me anyway...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Which is why I'm not seeing anyone... I'm not, nor can I be a cocky prick... I'm happy with myself just as I am... If women don't see what they're missing then they aren't good enough for me anyway...

I'm saying I like to be the cocky one too..at the side of someone. Let's see who wins...I'm not a bitch nor do I want him to be a prick. But which one will bring on the attention...
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

hey I am sorry but if women are attracted to cocky assholes then that is the wrong girl for you. Since you are a good man, dont change to get laid, or have a date sweetie. Those girls just aren't for you. Finding the right woman for you is a long journey that takes patience on your part. If you cant be your true self then that person is not right for you. like it or not, your true self will eventually come out anyway, and your true colors will show as will hers and I hope that your heart can bare just how cruel some woman can be. I have seen it, and it is aweful and so are some of the ways that men are. It is SAD BUT TRUE[:/]-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

*grins* we have a young guy at our DZ who is particularly cocky when it comes to women, especially newbies.... i heard recently that he was debating as to wether to put the hard word on me or not.. not a questions of wether i would say yes or not, but wether he should ask lol and assuming i will say yes! (not sure WHERE he got this idea from, sure i can be flirty, but most people understand the flirting game). PLUS he knows im engaged.. so obviously hes happy to cut someone elses lunch..

i thought he was a decent sorta guy until i heard all of this.. now im not sure what to think.

anyhoo.. ive teamed up with a sweet nice guy from the same DZ and with some well planted rumours.. we will bring him down a peg or two *grins*

evil..? yes.. fun? even more so!

and i agree with the posts in here.. dont change yourself for anyone, you shouldnt have to.. your soulmate will love you for whom you are (evil or not lol). Might take a while to find them.. you might have to take risks and get hurt along the way.. but its worth the waiting and the hurt once you get it...

Be yourself.. is all that you can do.
Cheers
FW