sartre

Do you know anybody famous (other than Skygods&goddesses)

When I was a student used to drink in the same pub as U2, Thin Lizzy and 2 members from the band that used to make up the Horslips. As it was in Dublin nobody used to pay any attention to them.As Windcatcher says we're all equal and they used to q up at the bar to be served and have idle chit chat with everybody else....No big deal.
Sat beside Andrea Corr in the hairdressers once........grew up with(+ used to fancy!) James Lancaster..:)

If you're holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you're wasting your time."

I did alot of Extra work in the Early 90`s. Met alot of "Celebs". A few that kinda stood out..

I was working on the set of "A Sons Promise". This cheesy Made for TV production with Rick Schroeder. This was the 5 or 6th production I had worked on and it was the first time any of the "Principals" went out of their way to come and socialize with the extras. (First thing we were told when we got on set was DO NOT refer to Mr. Schroeder as Ricky!! He HATES that.:D). We were shooting at this old Farm house and the Extras had a Room where they kept us till we were needed. Rick hung out with us as much whenever he could. Really nice guy.

I worked on several different episodes of "in the Heat of the Night" including the pilot. Met Carol O’Conner many times. Always a nice guy who remember everyone’s name. First time I met him, He lectured me about Drugs for about 20 minutes. I thought it was strange at the time. Later found out it was because his son kept showing up on set High.

Spent several weeks working on "Kalifornia" as an Extra and as David Duchovny’s Stand in. Duchovny was a total asshole at all times. Brad Pitt was nice as could be.
First time I met Brad.. We had been shooting all night and the Director had changes the shot 3 times already. We had break in the shooting and I was sitting in Davids Chair. He came on set and blew a gasket and stormed off. Brad walks up to me and says "Man, That guy came be an ass." and starts apologizing for him. Talked to him several more times during the shoot. Laid back nice guy.

Met lots of others but those were the ones that really stood out.

Musically. I worked in Radio and got to interviews lots of Bands in the late 80`s and early 90`s. Ran into 3/4 of Metallica earlier this year at a strip club in San Francisco. Kirk Hammett asked me where he remembered me from. He claimed that he remembered me from a brief interview I did with them back in 1989.

"why do we as a society treat them as if they are more valuable than "non-famous" people?!?!?! "

They tend to lead a "larger then life" personna...its neat to hear stories about these "famous/infamous" people, and basically they all put their pants just like us common folk.:D I don't think we treat them as more "valuable" then others, but I do think we tend to treat them differently because we have an "idea" in our head as how they must be because of tabloid, movie, etc experiences that we see. Our preconcieved notions are basically wrong most of the time.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

A few nights hangin' out with Deep Purple in Germany.

Went to high school with pro wrestlers:
-Dirty Dick Slater
-Mike Graham
-Hulk Hogan

Went to high school with pro footballers:
-John Reaves
-Larry Smith

Got drunk in Phoenix, AR with Billy Martin
(NY Yankees player, manager and general thorn-in -the side to George Steinbrenner)

Played catch and got personalized coaching 3 summers in a row with Bobby Richardson
(NY Yankees 2nd baseman)

Just getting over the mumps as a kid and Max McGee and his brother took me to a baseball spring training game and down onto the field to meet the Cincinatti Reds players.
(Green Bay packer WR)

Met Cincinatti Reds players and got tips and autographs from Johnny Bench, Pet Rose, Pat Coralles, Marcellino Lopez.

Got passed (twice) by Reed Sorenson in kart racing.

Met Jenny Steinbrenner.
(George's daughter)

there's more but i'm tired...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm royally NOT star struck.

Though, I admit I think I might do a double-take if I saw Michael Jackson walking next to me---I mean that's just someone you want to see up close out of curiosity.;)

But, seriously--not only do I not get star stuck, I'm almost anti-star struck. I absolutely do not understand the need to gossip/read about, etc. stars.

Now, granted my magazines are filled with stars--but I'm looking at the fashion.

Do I really care about Britney marrying a douche-bag? No way. And Paris seems like a perfect example that you don't have to be poor to dress & act like trash.:P

I don't need to drop names---I know or have met several "celebrities". Growing up in Orlando, spending a lot of time in NY and South Beach, that tends to happen. But, I don't/didn't treat them any differently than anyone else. In fact, one celebrity sitting next to me at the bar at Ruth's Chris ordered turtle soup--and I grimaced. He thought I was hilarious and talked up a storm with Billy and I.

I'm with windcatcher---value shouldn't be placed too much, if at all, on someone's fame or fortune---value is about so much more.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yes....yes I do... but usually when you meet them "out of context" they prefer a bit of anonimity.... so just being able to be out there and have fun is appreciated.. without the attention and adulation that gets overbearing to so many in our modern world.

Went to high school with pro wrestlers:
-Dirty Dick Slater
-Mike Graham
-Hulk Hogan

Did you grow up in Tampa??
I forgot to add that I was childhood friends with Steve Garvey. (Dodgers) Our fathers worked together and were good friends.

Not sure how many are into electronic music. But I have gotten to open for a few headliners such as Paul van Dyk, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Crystal Method, Hernan Cattanneo, Gabriel and Dresden, among others. Got hang out with them before and after the gigs and most of em are down to earth cool bros. I wouldn't go as far as saying I know them, but yeah.

But, I don't/didn't treat them any differently than anyone else. In fact, one celebrity sitting next to me at the bar at Ruth's Chris

I'm with windcatcher---value shouldn't be placed too much, if at all, on someone's fame or fortune---value is about so much more.

The several comments like this make me laugh. I haven't read one post yet where it sounds like anyone is saying they're star struck or holding a celebrity as "more valuable." Maybe we analyze things a little too closely sometimes.

I never intimated that I was more impressed by a person because of their 'fame', nor has anyone else.

Don't make it more than it is.:)
It was just a stupid question that I started this thread with because I was bored the other day. :P

Chris, Dad's been in the industry for 60ish years; couldn't begin to "name" those I've met over the years, let alone those who I "know"...but I can say with the exception of about 6-8 or so, all were/are very nice, decent, "real" people. I babysat many of their children when I was younger, and they are all pretty cool, as well. Recently, one of the people I babysat for (he was the father, not one of the kids...) won an acadamy award...I am very, very proud of him.

And thanks for mentioning Dad...I'm talking to someone about getting a website up for him; he doesn't have (or want) a computer, but is willing to have a webbie made for him "as long as (he) doesn't have to do anything." LOL!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

ok, who's Malcolm Smith?

[:/]

Remember the Bruce Brown movie On any Sunday? Of course you don’t, you are probably too young. Well he was one of the featured riders. There was Malcolm, Steve and Bert Merkel a national class “C” rider. Malcolm was probably the best desert racer that ever rode a motorcycle. Won Baja several times and just about everything else.

And there's ole Steve "Mr. Cool" ...racing through the streets of ELSINORE!!;)

Steve had a hangar up in Sana Paula, north of LA. I met and spoke with him on many occasions.

He really WAS Mr. Cool!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~