jumpergirl

Sky/Scuba Divers?

Enjoy the diving, and don't skimp on being safe. I've been diving for a few short years about 25 years now and have logged over 5,500 hours.

Planning my first trip to dive with Great Whites, and I do plan on remaining in the cage, however several individuals actually get out and take photos up close.

Not this boy, I've seen videos from friends that went last year and several times them things hit the cage below them. The camera slots on the cages seem alittle to big, allowing smaller sharks the ability to get inside with ya.

Just might need to plan on hanging tuna on the diver next to me just to be safe.:P

MEEEEEEE. Headed to Crystal River next weekend even. You guys should come over since it is so close. We are doing open water in October, too.

Lisa, we're in Texas right now, otherwise I would LOVE to go diving with you!! Maybe next time???? You'll have to let us know. :)

My wife just got certified this year. We went to Key Largo in January and she had an awful experience trying to dive in 4 ft. seas with current. We'll be heading to Forth Worth this weekend and plan on finding some peaceful, calm place in Tx to SCUBA ... looks like the Blue Lagoon, near Houston might be a nice spot, so we're thinking of dropping by there next week. After that, Debbie might let me do some jumps if we can drop by Skyfest on the way back home:P

September but working on the exact date as we want to go dive in St Lucia on our honeymoon. Nothing like another addiction to feed. We are planning a special gear section in our closet. Bought our new BCs and octos so we are getting geared up. We have to clear the place, too, since we want to use the B&B here that is in an old columned southern mansion.

We wil still get there to do Mark's AFF but most likely it will be after the wedding. Hold us a camper spot as we are still coming down. LOL:)
As for LuLu she already has a new guy in tow so who knows....that wedding dress may still get some use.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

J and I got our scuba rating (is that what it's called? Or is it certification? :S) last Friday and we're so excited about it. How many other sky/scuba divers are there here?? I know only a few.

I just got certified in Monterey CA in March! I've dove in Ixtapa and Cabo so far (besides CA)...I LOVE it!!! :)

I just got certified in Monterey CA in March! I've dove in Ixtapa and Cabo so far (besides CA)...I LOVE it!!! :)

We learned in Dallas. We're planning a day trip to Huntsville, TX this weekend (maybe) on our way to SkyFest. After that, who knows. We're going to be in the North East US soon and plan to try to go somewhere while we're up there. Then our honeymoon in October in Hawaii!! :)

A pic from my last trip....Didn't go well, but at least I did not die. So thats gotta count for something!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have an Advanced Open Water certification, but haven't done any diving since I was in NZ in December 2004. All I've done is cold-water diving (up here in the Puget Sound, and at Poor Knights Island in NZ). Most of my photos turned out pretty crappy (but it was fun to attempt to be an underwater photographer, anyway). Full set of photos here.

Note to self: plan a vacation to somewhere with warm water diving.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke