Acensky

I have ANTS!!!!!!!!

What kind of ants? Sugar ants, fire ants, what?

Sugar ants, then hit them AND their trail with a spray that will kill them. Then wash them away and their trail away with soap and water.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have had sugar ants off & on. I'm using the little plastic ant baits. The black ones didn't work at all, the white ones worked but took some time. It takes a few days for the little f^&kers to bring the poison back to the nest & kill the queen.

In the meantime, every time I'd come home to a trail of ants in my kitchen I would 1) vacuum them all up and 2) Wipe down the trail path with soap & water to remove the pheromone trail.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

They are sugar ants. I've been using Revenge, the first time round it worked wonders, now its like they remember that this stuff will kill them. I have been squishing them as I see them and spraying a vinegar/ water and letting it sit for a few seconds and wiping them off.
I heard that Bay leaves keep them out, has any one heard if this works?

Thanks
Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

Tansy is often recommended as an ant repellant but may only work on sugar type ants. These are the ones that you see on peonies and marching into the kitchen. Placing tansy clippings by the greenhouse door has kept them out. Deters flying insects, Japanese beetles, striped cucumber beetles, squash bugs, ants and mice. Tie up and hang a bunch of tansy leaves indoors as a fly repellent.

you know I would!! :D if your shy pm'ing them still works!!:ph34r: As far as the dance goes I read its supposed to be erotic so im sure you can be sexy cant you? :$:$
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Ants!! I've got them too. They are everywhere, like some horror movie. They don't bite just a real pain.

Talcum powder will block their trail and sprays will kill the ones you see but there are many more to take their place. They are amazing bugs. They can find a small piece of food 20 yards or more from their home, wander all over the place to get to it and then take it home.

I've got them around the house and climbing every tree by the hundreds. You've got to stop them outside your house. Start around the foundation with poison, baits and other stuff. I have not tried this but have been told that cedar shavings will keep them out. If you use baits, put it next to the trail not on the trail. My exterminator recommended this stuff in a tube or syringe. It seems to work great (got to get some more). I think it is food mixed with boric acid. Your local bug killer folks should be able to help you out.

Once you start to get them under control (reduce the population) you should be able to stop them with periodic treatment.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Pour chocolate on them...

You totally rock, ya know that ?

Hey, if she doesn't want to eat them, she could sell them on eBay. You can sell anything on eBay...
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I have ants in my kitchen and bathroom

They're there for the water. We had a similar experience a few months ago. When we left for our honeymoon they left too, because there was no running water in the apartment.

My advice: make sure everything is dry when you leave those 2 rooms.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie