charmsdroppop

How was Raintoul??

Good Lordy did we have a minny Katrina or what? I'm a hard core convention attender and it is getting lamer every year. Half the venders were not even there. Sure we made the best of it thanks to the Hellfish and Damn that beautiful jet I didn't get to taste due to nightly activities to slow me down. I don't know but it surely has lost it's Pep...........
Sincerly ........me
is it dark yet

shoula been called the world rainfall convention

lol nah it was fun while it lasted...the first few days were amazing untill the rain came...

too bad...i really wanted to get more jumps in..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

If it doesn't rain, then its not a boogie. If there isn't a big storm blowing over tents and flooding them out, Then its not the convention.:D

We try to schedule and confirm the gully washers a year in advance. This is not one of the things that we publicize that we do effectively. B|
-----
~~~Michael

If it doesn't rain, then its not a boogie. If there isn't a big storm blowing over tents and flooding them out, Then its not the convention.:D

We try to schedule and confirm the gully washers a year in advance. This is not one of the things that we publicize that we do effectively. B|

Generally the best jumping weather in IL is in September.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yeah, but having lived in IL for many years, september generally blew but was good for cross countrys.

Sept. may blow, but July sucks!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Don't know, I got drunk, did some golf cart rw, initiated a bumpy brother, oh and jumped a bunch. Yes the lack of manufacturers was kind of lame, but skydive store, PD and sunpath ganged up and made demos available. In addition Tony suits, EG and cypress made it there. I've been there three years in a row now and its getting smaller each year, but its still a good time. I would love to see scheduled ground transportation from midway and o'hare like twice a day. Flights are never a problem, but having to rent a car and/or find a ride always is my biggest dilemma.
HYPOXIC

I would love to see scheduled ground transportation from midway and o'hare like twice a day.

My second trip back included a flight into O'hare, an El ride to downtown, then a short walk to the Amtrack that dropped me off in Rantoul. Amtrak was only $16 one way and the El was $1.75. Had pre-arranged a ride from the Amtrak stop to the DZ, but that wasn't that big of a deal.
Hit me up next year and I can get you going the right direction. BTW, the Amtrak was much better than driving - no traffic.
-----
~~~Michael

Yeah I looked into that, but seemed Amtrack only goes Rantoul to chicago in the morning and Chicago to Rantoul sometime in the afternoon. I tend to fly standby so I guess I get what I deserve... Hell wish I could just fly with the skydive arizona fleet next year :-P (barnhouse??????) :)
HYPOXIC

Yeah I looked into that, but seemed Amtrack only goes Rantoul to chicago in the morning and Chicago to Rantoul sometime in the afternoon. I tend to fly standby so I guess I get what I deserve... Hell wish I could just fly with the skydive arizona fleet next year :-P (barnhouse??????) :)

Makes sense...So plan better? ;) I got lucky. The only flight I could get into Chicago gave me 2.5 hours to get through O'hare to the Amrak and grab food. Got to Union Station with about an hour to spare...
-----
~~~Michael

A bunch of us were just having this conversation earlier at SDC. I sooo can't wait til September!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

A bunch of us were just having this conversation earlier at SDC. I sooo can't wait til September!!

This makes me happy. It's just barely possible that both my back and my finances will be sufficiently healed to start jumping again in September.:)

Matt

LP just isnt a boogie then I guess....

Hell NO! There isn't a corn field ANYWHERE NEAR that place. :D:D:D I had a just wonderful time at WFFC. Jumped the jet, jumped with girlfriend, jumped with friends, drank with friends, saw naked chicks, rode golf carts, etc etc etc. Ya know..........all the convention stuff. Oh yeah.......and I had to leave on WED morning.....BEFORE the hurricane. ;) Lucky me! B|

is makes me happy. It's just barely possible that both my back and my finances will be sufficiently healed to start jumping again in September

So you're coming to visit SDC n September? :$

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!