grue

Mel Gibson arrested for DUI

I kind of find a sick humour in this. Seeing as he's such a strict catholic. Hypocrites get all my respect [/sarcasm]

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Gibson is an admitted alcoholic, I find it rather sad that he has fallen off the wagon.
Of course, I can empathize with those who find it funny, given that he IS a multi-milionaire celebrity that will never spend more than a day in jail for an offense that Joe Blow gets 48 hours manditory for....oh, and a 1 year suspended license (which wont bother him if he does get it because he can afford a chauffeur). >:(

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I kind of find a sick humour in this. Seeing as he's such a strict catholic. Hypocrites get all my respect [/sarcasm]

Now that you mention it... it is kinda funny. I thought he was 'better' than that. Oh well. It's just a little 'bad press' which in turn will make his ratings go up.:D

Chuck

holy shit. looks like it may actually have been true.

It just seemed so over-the-top I thought it was BS.:$

Here is Gibson's statement on the event:

"After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said and I apologise to anyone who I have offended.

"Also, I take this opportunity to apologise to the deputies involved for my belligerent behaviour. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behaviour and for that I am truly sorry.

"I have battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologise for any behaviour unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

You don't honestly believe he came up with that load of crap on his own, do you????

On another note, this is probably headed for SC.;)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I wonder how much his speechwriter made, coming up with that load of BS.:o:ph34r::ph34r::P

Some may call it contrition, as a recovering Drug addict, I am well aware of how hard and humbling it can be to stand up for being a complete drunken idiot, Props to Mel, for standing up and copping it on the chin.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OK. I apologize to the world.

Who would ever think that a public figure would be able to retain popularity, without issuing a statement to the media. I also wonder what his community service sentence will be.
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

OK. I apologize to the world.

Who would ever think that a public figure would be able to retain popularity, without issuing a statement to the media. I also wonder what his community service sentence will be.

I truely doubt that this incident would harm his popularitry in any way shape or form.
Poeple dont watch his movies based on his Mr nice guy persona:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not exactly the point I was trying to make.;)

As a public figure, he is "almost" required by law to make a statement to the media.

I bet 99.9% of the people that get DUIs are truly sorry afterwards. But, how much do you think this incident will affect Mel Gibson's life compared to the average joe???[:/]
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

As a public figure, he is "almost" required by law to make a statement to the media.

I bet 99.9% of the people that get DUIs are truly sorry afterwards. But, how much do you think this incident will affect Mel Gibson's life compared to the average joe???[:/]

Well my DUIs actually help my life for the better, and probably saved a few lives aswell
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I bet 99.9% of the people that get DUIs are truly sorry afterwards.??[:/]

and then what makes you so sure that Gibson is any different??

I didn't see anything about "speechwriters" in the article I got that statement from. I'm quite sure that Gibson knows how to read & write, and is intellectually capable of knowing when he has fucked up. I don't understand how you have leapt to the conclusion that he has hired speechwriters and/or is not genuinely sorry that he lost control of himself & behaved badly.

I believe that even if I were a rich & famous movie star, & I lost control & drank too much & did something like that, that I would apologize for it & it would not be BS.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I wonder how much his speechwriter made, coming up with that load of BS.

It's refreshing to see that he made a public statement, so many people have a hard time these days admitting that they behaved badly or did something wrong. I don't think it really mattters who wrote the statement (although, he seems intelligent enough to me to string words together in a competent manner), I think all that matters is that he said it. I hope he gets whatever help he needs to control his problem.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon