renee673

Goggles for contacts??

Anyone have suggestions for good goggles to use to protect my contacts? I"m using the basic ones right now but during flips and stuff the wind gets in sometimes and shifts my contact making me temporarily unable to see closer then 1ft in front of me. I don't want to lose them in freefall b/c I would never be able to land safely without my contacts as my vision is so bad. thanks

...making me temporarily unable to see closer then 1ft in front of me

Umm... generally speaking, I'd worry about bumping into things in freefall a lot sooner than when their only 1' away. :P
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Z-flex, mini or reghular depending on the size of your head. I use z-flex minis almost exclusively.

Definetly FLex-Z mini's. Ive lost a contact on Sorz and the peerseer goggles.

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

Ive lost a contact on Sorz

I will admit that the elastic band and adjuster on the Sorz initially allowed for some slippage and issues, however, once I adjusted it tight, then took the excess and tied a knot in the band next to the adjuster on the "loosen" side... no more problem.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I have had problems with my contacts as well. Tried putting tape on the little holes but it didn't work to well. I would like to know if there are any goggles that could be made to my perscription. The only ones I have been able to find are the "Rex Spex" that people wear for basketball. Those look ridculous though.

I used to worry about my contacts a lot, too, but in the end, all different goggles I tried worked OK (about 8, from cheap to expensive). Make sure that they are quite tight, though.... If money doesn't matter, perhaps Wiley X (prescription or regular with contacts) or else just some cheap clear ones... Carry glasses or replacement lenses with you in case you do loose on lense, so you don't have to quit jumping that day...
:)

I'll second that (Flex Zs). I've been wearing them for 10 years. Just make sure they're secure, so they don't flip up in freefall. Bungee cord tension varies. Might need to replace it with something like is used for a freebag safety stow, for improved snugness. I don't tape the vent holes. Have had only one problem with contacts, where one came out and stuck to the inside of the goggle, which I later lost in the grass... :o\