kelel01

Have you ever been asked if you were gay (and are you)?

I had to join the "Yes, but I'm not" club on this one...

There seems to be a strong mis-conception that I am one way, while so many other rumours/stories are out there conveying me in a negative light the other way!!! Guess you're damned if you are, and damned if you're not!!!! Oh well, if I must amuse the masses...and this is all they can conjure up to be humourous...then so be it.

Now I know how Richard Hatch feels!!!
Oh wait - he just went to jail...no, I mean I don't know how he feels now...'cause...well, shit nevermind!!!:D:D:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

No, but I recently did something and was told "it" was GAY!

Singing "I Believe I Can Fly" while under canopy at 12K during a cross country jump seemed the thing to do at the time, but Walt Appel sure didn't think so. In retrospect, I can't really argue with him:|
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I have and I'm not. But I'm more interested in hearing whether or not you were offended by it, and why.

Have been, not and was not offended:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The thing is, no one actually HEARD me. I was insane enough to tell Walt about it...and the thing is, I have an awesome singing voice. But I guess even the best voice couldn't redeem that song.[:/]

It could have been worse. I could have been singing "Wind Beneath my Wings" Then you might cut away and forget to go for silver:P
Mrs. WaltAppel

Singing "I Believe I Can Fly" while under canopy at 12K during a cross country jump seemed the thing to do at the time, but Walt Appel sure didn't think so. In retrospect, I can't really argue with him:|

Is that anything like singing the Monty Python "Penis Song" (you know the one from "Meaning of Life") cause um... I've done that... :$:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

No, but I recently did something and was told "it" was GAY!

I got the same reaction from my kids when we were white water rafting a few weeks ago and I started singing that Pochahontas song, "colors of the wind". They were really embarrassed...I loved it. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

***Is that anything like singing the Monty Python "Penis Song" (you know the one from "Meaning of Life") cause um... I've done that...

__________________________________________________:D:D I think ANYTHING is better than "I Believe I Can Fly". I LOVE Monty Python.
Mrs. WaltAppel

I was home for Christmas three years ago having a beer with my cousin and he busted out the "Can I ask you something?". Of course I said yes. The question, to my surprise, was "Are you gay?". I told him no and spent the next 10 minutes attempting to make him understand I was not. People are funny sometimes.

I suppose being in your 30s and not having a girlfriend or wife makes you gay in his eyes.

The thing is, no one actually HEARD me.

Oh no, we all heard you. The thing about clouds at 12k is they're terrible echoey. That shit was bouncing all over the atmostphere!

Decibel told me privately later that that's why he landed 5 miles off the dz on that load.

:P

I LOVE Monty Python.

Actually, I think my audience was rather impressed that I knew all the words... :ph34r::D

and "Wind Beneath my Wings" would have been much worse... although I think I just found the perfect song for my next skydiving video... >:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIp_W4RwOuU

what you didn't really think I meant "wind beneath my wings" did you? :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Decibel told me privately later that that's why he landed 5 miles off the dz on that load.

Oh really? I heard it was because of the large amount of wind...you were breaking;)

I didn't want to say anything man:|

Mrs. WaltAppel

***I got the same reaction from my kids when we were white water rafting a few weeks ago and I started singing that Pochahontas song, "colors of the wind". They were really embarrassed...I loved it.

That is HILARIOUS!:D:D:D:D:D

Mrs. WaltAppel

Yep - a couple times - I wasn't offended by it nor did I feel threatened. One guy told me I should consider it a complement, another told me I should consider going bi - (!!??) I was still married at the time -

It's a weird and wonderful world we live in, isn't it?

Easy Does It

yes, i get asked that when i don't have a serious bf & rather keep my single status... but no, i'm not. someone i work with assumed i am because i ignore his remarks-- whatever works!;)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Oh really? I heard it was because of the large amount of wind...you were breaking;)

I didn't want to say anything man:|

...and i just thought he wanted to see what the inside of a cop car looks like
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce