weegegirl

Cutaway 8.6.06

YAHOO B|B|

you like that, huh? :D:P

my packer feels REALLY bad about it!! but he's a GREAT packer. keeps my ass in the air on back-to-back-to-back-to-backs... running rigs to me in the landing area, bringing me water, batteries, tapes, etc. It's just part of the sport. What a surprise though! Mike, the TM, had just pointed down to tell me the spot was long too. :ph34r: Grrrrrrrreat! :P

You can see in the video that the right side riser releases slightly before the left. Strange. I see in your profile you have a Javelin. I have heard that the left cutaway cable (RSL side) on a Javelin is 1/4 inch longer than the right, to make sure both risers release before the RSL activates, although it looks like you didn't have an RSL on this one. Is this correct?

Did your packer say he did anything different? It looks like as you pull you go into a slight left turn. Are you sure it wasn't body position?

Nice video, way to keep the chopped main framed for a couple seconds before flipping belly to earth. :ph34r: It does look like you were kicking the wrong way, but I think most of us have done that. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

nicely filmed, thanks.

did you kick the wrong way round ? it's what it looks like...

did you find all your gear ?

It is quite possible that I kicked the wrong way, but I almost had no time to kick. As you see in the full speed version, it happened really fast. I was on my back almost instantly and kicking was just not happening. But the couple of kicks I gave, they may have been wrong. Hey, it happens, right?

This one was really unsalvagable from what I could tell. Granted I could have waited longer as I had the altitude to do so, but I just didn't feel like messing with it and I was getting pretty damn dizzy.

My only mission was to save my ass one way or the other.

You can see in the video that the right side riser releases slightly before the left. Strange. I see in your profile you have a Javelin. I have heard that the left cutaway cable (RSL side) on a Javelin is 1/4 inch longer than the right, to make sure both risers release before the RSL activates, although it looks like you didn't have an RSL on this one. Is this correct?

Did your packer say he did anything different? It looks like as you pull you go into a slight left turn. Are you sure it wasn't body position?

Good observations. I noticed the same thing, the uneven releasing of the risers. It's a javelin TJN, no RSL. My packer says he did nothing differently at all. There's always a chance that body position could have had something to do with it, or harness shifting, etc., but I honestly don't think so here. It spun up too damn quick, right off my back. Usually if I am off a bit on body position I will have an off-heading opening but that is the extent of it. This was definitely more than that. So it could have been a combination of factors. Keep in mind I was also wearing camera wings.

Bottom line is - linetwists on a smaller HP canopy can become a headache quick. To me this was no sweat. I had plenty of altitude and I did what I needed to do to land safely.

Good observations. I noticed the same thing, the uneven releasing of the risers. It's a javelin TJN, no RSL. My packer says he did nothing differently at all. There's always a chance that body position could have had something to do with it, or harness shifting, etc., but I honestly don't think so here. It spun up too damn quick, right off my back. Usually if I am off a bit on body position I will have an off-heading opening but that is the extent of it. This was definitely more than that. So it could have been a combination of factors. Keep in mind I was also wearing camera wings.

Bottom line is - linetwists on a smaller HP canopy can become a headache quick. To me this was no sweat. I had plenty of altitude and I did what I needed to do to land safely.

Everybody is a critic!:D You are right, you did the right thing to save your life. Congrats on a good job. Glad, we're talking with you and not about you.

Chuck

But the couple of kicks I gave, they may have been wrong. Hey, it happens, right?

I had almost the same in october, kicking the wrong way round was working. Kicking the other way round would do nothing... Didn't keep my main so nicely framed... Didn't even do a YAHOOOOOOO or anything. Next cutaway will be more creative :D

You seemed to have altitude, but to me it's better to have the correct attitude. Don't like it, chop it.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

We had opened high since the spot was way long. Had I not chopped I would have made it home just fine. But I honestly just knew pretty damn quick that it wasn't gonna happen, so choppity-chop.

Hey, if I wanted ground rush I would go make another base jump. :P:D

:P

hey, when ARE you guys coming?? wanna make sure i'm there with tequilla in hand.

We have about twenty five that are planning on going, and are actually serious about it... Should be a good time, looking to maybe BBQ afterwards...

They're all bartenders, so they should fit right in... B|
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET