Scoop

Trust a cheat?

OK... hypothetically :)... if a girl has been cheating on her partner with you and they end up breaking up, could you trust her? :|:S

here's a bit of " the other sideof the coin" (just for arguements sake)

should people start dating/ hooking up with someone who is already in a relationship?

You knew she was dating? if yes, than why did you get involved?

if no, Why are you still involved.

I FULLY understand that attraction happens and I am not trying to ostracize you. just adding a different spin to this story.
if she was really that miserable why didnt she leave? sounds like you may be wrapped up in a shitty cycle of abuse by her SO and victimization by her.

no matter what you think you can not force her to NOT be a victim. she has to want to be her own person.
My photos

My Videos

Hmmm, as it happens I hear some news on the grapevine of her whereabouts last night. No it wasn't with her ex... no it wasn't with me either :|

WHERES THE CUTAWAY!? [mad)

why would you cutaway because she was with someone else? YOU were the someone else.

:D:D if she was a prisoner and she wants freedom I doubt shes gonna want freedom with ONE choice:o
My photos

My Videos

Depends on the situation, but... probably not.

I knew this guy whose wife divorced him because he had been sleeping with her secretary. He and the secretary eventually got engaged... but before they even got married, she found out that he was cheating on her too. (I think she went ahead and married him anyway though. :S)

no matter what you think you can not force her to NOT be a victim. she has to want to be her own person.

Yeah, but you can refuse to get involved in the cycle. I'm a firm believer that many (if not most) people who go from one bad relationship to another (and those who think cheating is a valid way to exit a bad relationship) need to spend some quality time single.:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yea that was what I was insinuating.

With out typing it all.

I saw the picture of a damsel in distress and a knight in shing armor riding to her rescue. only to find that when he tried to save her she decided she liked the attention right where she was. the the knight looks like a giant douchebag; looking like he;s forcing her to be HIS KIND of happy[:/]
My photos

My Videos

OK... hypothetically :)... if a girl has been cheating on her partner with you and they end up breaking up, could you trust her? :|:S

NO! Once a cheater.....always a cheater. Another thing to keep in mind is that the person that she is "hypothetically" cheating with is also a major fucking asshole and should have his ass beaten to the ground for being such a selfish, immature fuckwit! Hope that clears it up for you?!!?

Karma is a bitch......what goes around, comes around!
SabreDave

ouch that sounds a little hositle.

you gotta just realize that its a shitty situation.

if my girl cheated on me\, It would hurt,but I would realized that she has just beomce worthless to me.

(and vice versa;If I cheated on her)
My photos

My Videos

Well, she told me she found it difficult ot walk awaya as financially she wouldn't be able to cope. They shared a house together and shared a car. As it was only rented she wont get sod all so shes lost her home and her car. She got a payrise recently, I wonder if that helped her seal the deal. To me thats crazy. I said to her from day 1 if your unhappy where you are just leave, regardless of how bad off it'll make you, but I suppose its often not that easy :S But then what is huh!? [:/]

Well, that depends. I wouldn't trust her right away, because she was cheating and completely had no regard whatsoever for her S.O. Now, if she broke things off with him and decided to take a break from dating to figure herself out and what she wanted, then I would say yes, it is possible to trust someone who has cheated in her past. If she was truly sorry and asked for forgiveness from the guy she cheated on, yes. People can and DO change.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Yea that is a rough situation. but getting involved with anyone else while trying to leave a controlling asshole doesnt make it easier.

She may be your soul mate. thats for you and her to decide. but it should be a clean break. if this guy really is a "warden" than He'll just try to fight with you etc. and she'll eventually cave in to his anger. OR she will leave. but for her to make you a catalyst is wrong.

or she may be trying to get him riled up so they fight and she knows that he still loves her (some people are wierd like that)

either way I wouldn't get emotionally involved. I'dcall it what it was, a hook up, and moveon.

Of course I dont know what kind of history you have with her. you may be a childhood friend who cares about her well being...but she still would have to WANT to leave the drama.[:/]
My photos

My Videos

so the BF that was getting cheated on was controlling, wanted to know where she was, didnt trust her going out with firends... seems to me the guy had his head on straight... as she was CHEATING ON HIM!! Perhaps he started asking all thos things and making all those demands because he could see/feel that something was amiss with this young lass...

No way do you trust her, you are the boy toy for the moment.. you will get old and she will want something new.

Well, she told me she found it difficult ot walk awaya as financially she wouldn't be able to cope.

So in essence you are saying that she is a fucking gold-digger and now using the guy for her financial security? ummmmm.... I think I'd use the old 'I think that we should just be friends' line on her. She sounds like a real piece...

Yeah, I guess your right, however he has been like this for years, way before I knew her (alledgedly).

I suppose unless I hear something really positive from her soon I'll call an end to the whole thing.

@ Randy H: Haha, well then shes definately barking up the wrong tree. Maybe she knows that.

Side note: Do you know they both turned up athe the dropzone one day to watch the jumping and that. That freaked me out. I consider the DZ my private space, noone I know outside of the skydiving world is involved with that so that annoyed me

smart move, it sounds like you really dig her, and I can understand, been there, done that, too many times to count. But the cons far outweigh the pros and no matter how good she is in bed or whatever, there is ALWAYS one who is better! It will be easier to end it now then to get caught up in all of the garbage later when your heart is involved!! Good luck! ;)

Side note: Do you know they both turned up athe the dropzone one day to watch the jumping and that. That freaked me out. I consider the DZ my private space, noone I know outside of the skydiving world is involved with that so that annoyed me

That is EXACTLY why I will never date anyone from the DZ! It gets weird after things head south and shes banging all of your friends! [:/]

if a girl has been cheating on her partner with you and they end up breaking up, could you trust her?

Nope. No trust. If they'll cheat with someone else for you, you're not that special, they'll be able to cheat on you with someone else. If you're ok with that, then no problems. If you're not ok, then you're walking into a trap.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

No, a relationship is based on trust, if either party breaks that trust their is no relationship, all their is is the begining of the end.

I know I've been their twice, But as every cloud has a silver lining, I'm not about to become a three time loser.

Gone fishing

I wholeheartedly agree. It is scummy. And even if she thought her other relationship was over who's to say her partner thought that way if she was still loving to him in private. She should have made a clean and open break of the one relationship before she continued the new one.

I've been there more than once where someone acted like everything was fine with me until I suddenly unexpectedly and without warning found out they were seeing someone else. There was just no warning and then 'Bam!' They were gone. I am still 'friends' with these guys but know in my heart they are not trustworthy and have probably done this stuff before and will eventually do it again with the woman they are now with. I could never be with them again because IMO they are inferior. I can do better.

If she does this to her partner she is either a cheat or just deceptive by nature. It may be judgmental to say this but it is how I feel. If you don't care about those kind of things then fine, date her. Some things just don't bother certain people. If you can be that open then go for it.

Let me just say, before I saw the 15 years older part, it could've easily been my soon to be ex-wife. If you asked her she would probably say some of the same things. They are true from her point of view and there are shreds of truth from the objective point of view. But there are always 2 sides.

And listen to me very closely...if she cheated on him, SHE WILL CHEAT ON YOU. It's a no brainer and there is no question.
Besides, everybody cheats, and those that say they don't, well they are liars too!!;)

And no you can't bang my wife now Clay!!:ph34r:

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com