ntrprnr

Airplane!

That was a great flick, but here in OZ it was not called Airplane. It was called "Flying High":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

was it really?

No, squeak just likes to make up random lies to fool you. :P

yeah I realized that was kinda dorky of me to ask after I posted that, but i'm too lazy to delete it. and i figured he might have some funny smart ass thing to say in response, so I left it in. :P

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

That was a great flick, but here in OZ it was not called Airplane. It was called "Flying High":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

was it really?

I dont need to lie to fool him:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

was it really?

no need to show your arse, squeaker.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

was it really?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:are you pouting now:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

was it really?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:are you pouting now:D:D:D

lol, dear god no. I'm still laughing at those shoes you posted pics of!

although I do find it telling, the comments you like to make... ;)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I'm an air traffic controller during the week. We quote that movie all the time. My favorite is when the traffic is building and it's getting a little intense, the classic "I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue." I've used that in the middle of more than one emergency.:D

And stop calling me Shirley.>:(

two summers ago I fly next to leslie nielson in first class on an AA fligth from DFW to PHX... he was on his way home, has a house on a golf course in paradise valley or something. was the funniest 2 hours of my life. he is so hilarious. talked about all his movies. he said that although airplane was such a classic, the naked gun was his favorite movie he ever made and the body condom scene was his favorite schtick. he carries a fart maker in his pocket and as we walked up the concourse together after his flight, he kept making it go off as he meandered up the way. freaking hysterical! :D

!0-12 years ago I was coming back from a SCUBA trip at Truk Island. Changed planes in Hawaii, and as I'm sitting down after stuffing all my junk in the overhead....I realized that the very friendly older gentleman sitting next to me is none other than Loyd Bridges!B|

After a brief introduction, I told him (perhaps a little too enthusiatically) that I was a long time fan and REALLY enjoyed his work...:)

Looking at the PADI hat I was wearing, he gave me a wink and said,
"Don't tell me...'Sea Hunt' changed your life....";)

"No Sir":$ I replied.....

~~"AIRPLANE DID!":ph34r:

He must have laughed for 5 minutes straight!:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

a scene not yet mentioned where the kid says,
"Hey you're Kareem Abdul- Jabar",, and then says. " MY dad says you 'Dog It' on defense"...B| and Kareem goes, "HEY I bust my ass on defense"!!!.
tell your Dad to try to run up and down the floor all night" .. or somethin' to that effect....hahahah:DB| that just cracks me UP everytime...
carry on...:)jmy..............edited to correct the spelling of Kareem's name, ( I knew him when he was Lew Alcindor, Playing for Power Memorial H School, in westchester NY. ) :D

Here's the exchange:

Joey: Wait a minute! I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabar. You played basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Murdock(Kareem): I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Murdock : I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
Oveur: Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Murdock : But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try . . . except during the playoffs.
Murdock: The hell I don't!! ( grabs joey by collar ) (whispers) LISTEN KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Denier up and down the court for 48 minutes. (Let's go of Joey).
Oever : Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (the timing of this line was BRILLIANCE)

And my favorite all-time movie quotes ever...
"Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady got to be runnin' col' upside down his head!" ("GOLLY, THAT WHITE FELLOW SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE OR I WILL PUNCH HIM.)
"Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!" ("YES, ARHTUR, HE IS WRONG FOR DOING THAT.")
"I say hey sky, s'other say I wont say I pray to J. I get the same ol' same ol." ("I KNEW A MAN IN A SIMILAR PREDICAMENT, AND HE ENDED UP BEING SORRY.")
"Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin', man." ("DON'T BE NAIVE ARTHUR. EACH OF US FACES A CLEAR MORAL CHOICE.")
"You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac? Lay der down an' smack 'em yack 'em." ("EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE, MAKES A MAN HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE.")
"Col' got to be! Yo!" ("HOW TRUE!")
"Sheeeeeeet!" ("GOLLY")

Jive2: "S'mo fo butter layin' to the bone. Jackin' me up. Tightly."
Randi: "I'm sorry I don't understand."
Jive1: "Cutty say he cant hang."
Barbara Billingsley/June Cleaver (of all people:D): "Oh stewardess, I speak jive."
Randi: "Ohhhh, good."
Mrs. Cleaver: "He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him."
Randi: "Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine."
Mrs. Cleaver: "Just hang loose blood. She gonna catch up on de rebound wit de medcide."
Jive2: "What it is big mamma (A nickname for an ex was "Big Momma" - I was 22, she was an ancient 28), my mamma didn't raise no dummy, I dug her rap."
Mrs. Cleaver: "Cut me some slack, jack! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive ass dude don got no brains, anyhow."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

two summers ago I fly next to leslie nielson in first class on an AA fligth from DFW to PHX... he was on his way home, has a house on a golf course in paradise valley or something. was the funniest 2 hours of my life. he is so hilarious. talked about all his movies. he said that although airplane was such a classic, the naked gun was his favorite movie he ever made and the body condom scene was his favorite schtick. he carries a fart maker in his pocket and as we walked up the concourse together after his flight, he kept making it go off as he meandered up the way. freaking hysterical! :D

!0-12 years ago I was coming back from a SCUBA trip at Truk Island. Changed planes in Hawaii, and as I'm sitting down after stuffing all my junk in the overhead....I realized that the very friendly older gentleman sitting next to me is none other than Loyd Bridges!B|

After a brief introduction, I told him (perhaps a little too enthusiatically) that I was a long time fan and REALLY enjoyed his work...:)

Looking at the PADI hat I was wearing, he gave me a wink and said,
"Don't tell me...'Sea Hunt' changed your life....";)

"No Sir":$ I replied.....

~~"AIRPLANE DID!":ph34r:

He must have laughed for 5 minutes straight!:D

lol! That's awesome! Never know who you're gonna meet on a plane, do ya!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Nope!:)

I sat next to Robin Leach one time from NYC to LA...

FACINATING down to earth guy!B|

Nothing at all like his 'TV' personality

Huh the last time I flew commercially I was sitting between two guys that both looked a bit like Ted Kennedy, smelled of alcohol and flowed over and around the armrests. Thank god it wasn't ol' Ted, but it was still annoying.

Maybe someday I'll meet someone cool on a plane, but it seems like everytime I get into a plane I'm surrounded by the assholes who are dressed up like clowns and smell funny.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That merely means you are flying into or out of Texas.

Ha! Ok. Dangit, its too early I can't think of a witty come back. I'm going to go to Freebirds and get my "breakfast" I'll be back with something witty.:D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's exactly what I thought when I flew w/ Jerry Springer of all people from Charlotte to Nashville! No one would talk to him! I asked him why and he said that people were generally afraid that others would think they watch his show. :D He was very kind, seemed intelligent and was engaging. But I told him that if people started chanting "Jerry Jerry Jerry" I was kicking his ass off the plane! He said that I would doing him a favor. :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Huh the last time I flew commercially I was sitting between two guys that both looked a bit like Ted Kennedy, smelled of alcohol and flowed over and around the armrests. Thank god it wasn't ol' Ted, but it was still annoying.

Maybe someday I'll meet someone cool on a plane, but it seems like everytime I get into a plane I'm surrounded by the assholes who are dressed up like clowns and smell funny.

Maybe someday you'll use AirTroductions.

:P:P:P

That's exactly what I thought when I flew w/ Jerry Springer of all people from Charlotte to Nashville! No one would talk to him! I asked him why and he said that people were generally afraid that others would think they watch his show. :D He was very kind, seemed intelligent and was engaging. But I told him that if people started chanting "Jerry Jerry Jerry" I was kicking his ass off the plane! He said that I would doing him a favor. :D

B|

I've heard that about him...

Another 'chance' encounter I had a few years ago...B|

I was sitting in the gate area at O'Hare, about 20 feet away was a VERY well dressed 'older' Black Gentleman that was signing an occasional autograph and making small talk with several of the other waiting passengers who seemed to know who he was / is...

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what & why this guy is 'famous' for... and would steal a glimpse now and then while reading my magazine, and not try to appear TOO obvious.:$

Thing is, every time I'd look at him he was looking at ME!:o

Finally he stepped over and said to me, "You look familiar, I'm sure we've met but I just can't recall your name."

I gave him my name and shook hands...saying something along the lines of good to see you again...:S
Still not knowing who he is, and not wanting to show my ignorance to everyone else there...instead of asking his, I asked how have you been?:)

Still griping my hand he just commented...
"You played infield for the White Sox right?":o(WHO ME?!)

He left it at that and walked back to his seat, I'm sitting there in mine, trying fo figure out W.T.F...:S

Now the REALLY weird part...;)

On the plane, I asked the dude next to me just WHO the heck that guy in first class is ?!

Hank Aaron!:oB|:)
The 'You look familar' thing kept replaying in my head, so a few days later I did a google search...

Get this~ a guy with the same first & last name as mine, DID play for the Chicago White Sox for a season in the early 80's!!!:o:o:o

a scene not yet mentioned where the kid says,
"Hey you're Kareem Abdul- Jabar",, and then says. " MY dad says you 'Dog It' on defense"...B| and Kareem goes, "HEY I bust my ass on defense"!!!.
tell your Dad to try to run up and down the floor all night" .. or somethin' to that effect....hahahah:DB| that just cracks me UP everytime...
carry on...:)

Awww, now I'm realizing I totally missed an opportunity when Kareem was on a flight from LA to Phoenix with me a few years ago.:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

B|

I've heard that about him...

Another 'chance' encounter I had a few years ago...B|

I was sitting in the gate area at O'Hare, about 20 feet away was a VERY well dressed 'older' Black Gentleman that was signing an occasional autograph and making small talk with several of the other waiting passengers who seemed to know who he was / is...

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what & why this guy is 'famous' for... and would steal a glimpse now and then while reading my magazine, and not try to appear TOO obvious.:$

Thing is, every time I'd look at him he was looking at ME!:o

Finally he stepped over and said to me, "You look familiar, I'm sure we've met but I just can't recall your name."

I gave him my name and shook hands...saying something along the lines of good to see you again...:S
Still not knowing who he is, and not wanting to show my ignorance to everyone else there...instead of asking his, I asked how have you been?:)

Still griping my hand he just commented...
"You played infield for the White Sox right?":o(WHO ME?!)

He left it at that and walked back to his seat, I'm sitting there in mine, trying fo figure out W.T.F...:S

Now the REALLY weird part...;)

On the plane, I asked the dude next to me just WHO the heck that guy in first class is ?!

Hank Aaron!:oB|:)
The 'You look familar' thing kept replaying in my head, so a few days later I did a google search...

Get this~ a guy with the same first & last name as mine, DID play for the Chicago White Sox for a season in the early 80's!!!:o:o:o

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That's just freaky!!!! And very cool!!!

Ok, last one from me...

first class from nashville to NY laguardia. at the last second before closing the door before departure, katie couric waltzs on w/ her hispanic hunk of an intern. she was in nashville filming her first prime time special (on shania twain or someone similar). she take the seat directly in front of me, 2A, and cabana boy takes 2B. she is facing me as she adjust things in her seat. she stares at me and winks, and I look at her and stutter out, "you're not um, who I think you are,.... are you?"

without missing a beat, she says, "no. I'm much better looking than that old katie couric!" :D

then she extends her hand and introduces herself. great big smile, perfect teeth. gives me an autograph w/ lots of X's and O's on it, and i'm just ga-ga. She turns around in her seat, flips off her expense shoes, turns to cabana boy and says, "intern, rub my feet!" he obliges.

she peaks her head through the seats and asks my seatmate some casual questions. being the asshole that i am, when there is a lull in their conversation I say that it was because of her that I had a colonoscopy :D. She chuckled.

I don't like her politics, but she sure is personal as all get out. Perky, warm, energetic and cute as a button. One of the best flights I've ever had.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

"when there is a lull in their conversation I say that it was because of her that I had a colonoscopy"

Loser!!!:D

J/T

Bobbi

Oh god it was so funny! She said people say that to her all the time. I'm not that original, I must confess. [:/] But she's done some good work for colon cancer work!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...