adventurechick

Hit a Deer

all is well though! I'm alright, and my car is just banged up some.

And the deer....? Is he OK with all this?

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Is Gail sure it was dead? or just injured? and how do you know it was on the SIDE of the road or middle of it? What about the other cars coming down that road..now they can wreck their car too? I only posed the question so the animal could be removed from the scene of the accident.

The deer and I hit, it wasn't dead yet, then a car next to me hit it and it died. The police came and took care of it so it wasn't lying in the road... and it messed up my car and the other guy's.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Field clean it and throw it on the roof...venison steaks in the freezer...mmm...bambi stew!

Spoken like a true Cracker! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

: Thanks for the clarification.

You're welcome! Hey, where are you jumping this weekend??!

Nowhere:(...after my cutaway Sunday, I gave my gear to the Rigger, then he headed out of town thru the holiday weekend. I've had a few people at Sebastian offer for me to borrow their gear, but I prefer not to take on the liability.
I'll take a raincheck though...planning to be back at Zhills in a few weekends for another CRW Camp, so I'm sure I'll see ya then.:)

Hit a deer last night on my way home from Deland.... all is well though! I'm alright, and my car is just banged up some. So Yay!!

Be happy that it didn't hit YOU: clicky
»Somewhere between the lies and truths borderlines get shady.
Somewhere between the yesses and nos you can find the maybe.«

Hit a deer last night on my way home from Deland.... all is well though! I'm alright, and my car is just banged up some. So Yay!!

he was French! he deserved that!;)

Unfortunately he wasn't French but a dumbass redneck who thought putting doe in heat scent on him would allow him to get closer to the deer while hunting... I guess it worked, that buck got very close.. :D:D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Wasn't french, was just dubbed over. Deserved it anway (been already explained why. >:()
»Somewhere between the lies and truths borderlines get shady.
Somewhere between the yesses and nos you can find the maybe.«

Unfortunately he wasn't French but a dumbass redneck who thought putting doe in heat scent on him would allow him to get closer to the deer while hunting... I guess it worked, that buck got very close.. :D:D

he told his partner to film him getting close and to keep it running . I hope the Deer really kicked the shit outa him:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Did you hit the deer and leave it dead in the road or report it?

right.... I would have at least stopped to see if the deer was still alive then called someone. If I had had a few drinks maybe not the police, but at least animal control so they could come put it out of it's misery if it was still alive.

Back in 1989 my late brother (he died in '92 of cancer) was working for FEMA in the Carolinas after one of the big hurricanes of the late eighties. This was before FEMA got fucked over by Homeland Security and was actually helping people. ANYWAY, he was driving somewhere on the job when he saw a big 18 wheeler pulled over and a deer struggling on its knees on the pavement. So he pulled over, found the truck driver, who was upset, and asked him what happened. The truck driver said he'd just hit the deer and the deer was obviously suffering, but he didn't have a gun. So my brother told him not to worry, that HE was a Federal agent, and had a .45 in his car. To make a long story short, my brother dispatched the deer quickly with one shot and packed the carcass into the trunk of his rented car. He then drove the carcass to a butcher's, who knew just what had to be done and did it. After that, my bro' kept some of the meat for him and his friends and gave some of it away to families who had lost their homes and livestock in the storm. The car rental was pissed off about the bloody mess in the trunk, but he told them they could send the bill to FEMA.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

and how do you know it was on the SIDE of the road or middle of it? What about the other cars coming down that road..now they can wreck their car too? I only posed the question so the animal could be removed from the scene of the accident.

Then stop your car, grab the deer by its leg, and pull it out of the road. It doesn't take a government official to accomplish that.