PLFXpert

What's Your Favorite Restaurant?

And why.:P

I started this thread b/c I LOVE Maggianos.

http://www.maggianos.com/

It's ma furvrit.:)
Other than the fact that Italians seem to love blondes, :$:D I love the food. I love the atmosphere. I love the music.:P And I LOVE that they serve a side of spinach for 4-billion and I get to bring it home for Chef Boy-ar-Billy to make his famous and most delicious spinach dip.:P

What's yours?
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

You know you'll ge the Hooter's answer 'cause of the Boobies conection (although some one will make the lame "they got good wings" arguement), the is Bonfire;).

I like Chilies and Outback Steak House. For me and the Family, we can all be in a different mood for eats, and still be happy.

Of course the China King Buffet does get a bunch of our earnings.:$
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

:P

Billy loves Outback b/c he can get steak.;) (We don't have it in MY house.:P:D)

And I haven't been there in a LONG time, but I have enjoyed Hooters' wings, too.:$ So there, I said it: "They got good wings.":D

The only China King Buffet I've been to is w/ other skydivers in Deland--we'd go after jumping. I prefer sushi and I'm scared to eat sushi that's on a buffet, or even made by the "buffet" chef.:D But, they make these sweet dumplings---shoot I have no idea what they're called. But they're like funnel cakes w/ powdered sugar and stuff. Mmmmmmmm. I love those things.:D I like 'em 'cause they're greasy.:D

Depends on what I'm in the mood for, I have many different ones for different cuisines.

But it isn't a chain, that's for sure (well, except for In-N-Out, but that's not so much a proper "restaurant," anyway). Chain restaurants are fine when you want something predictable in a strange town, but in general, I prefer restaurants that are unique (or small, local chains) rather than pre-fab.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:o

They're my second favorite; tied with Carrabbas (both owned by the same).:)
We have a Bonefish right by my house (Maggianos is about 20-30 minutes west); so we go there more often. It's hard to "cross the ditch" as we beach folk call it.:D

Of course I'm going to say Freebirds, BUT there are some other really great smaller local resturants that are GREAT. One is Mr. G's which is a really badass pizza place, not your typical pizza hut type of joint but a "high end" pizza place. Then there's a couple of really great hole-in-the-wall beer joints that have incredible burgers, some really good family run Mexican food places and some other local flavor.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I agree, sometimes.:P

I went to this hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant once and had, seriously, the BEST soup I've had in my life. Of course, I only know what they SAID was in it.:D

:P

I've had some of the best food of my life at holes-in-the-wall. My favorite sushi restaurant here in Seattle LOOKS like a place you wouldn't want to eat raw fish (on the outside). It's in a strip-mallish setting on a busy intersection. Go inside and it's modest, but clean, and friendly, and it has some of the best sushi I've ever had (and definitely the best value by a long shot).

I would never have gone in there on my own, but I read a positive newspaper review and decided to give it a shot, and now I recommend it highly to all my friends and take all my out-of-towners who want sushi there.

Like I said, chain restaurants have their place, and I definitely enjoy them at times on the road when I'm just not feeling adventurous and I want something that I know will be good. But I've never had a truly sublime eating experience at a chain restaurant. I read reviews and listen to recommendations and have ended up at some truly memorable restaurants that way.

Except, of course, In-N-Out. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Loads of favs for all types of food......

(1) Indian - Sultan (St Ives)
(2) Chinese - The Welcome (St Ives)
(3) Thai - Bankok City (Cambridge)
(4) Japanese - Teri-Aki Restaurant (cambridge)
(5) Posh Nosh - The Pink Geranium (melbourn, Cambs)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I think my favorite places are all hole-in-the-wall joints. Having been in LA for most of my life before (and even when I made some decent money) I never found the "great" restaurants to be particularly great. Expeinsive? Yeah. But the Water Grill and Pacific Dining Car, that kind of stuff with the 5-Star ratings, never did it for me.

Here in Fresno, there is a Spanish Tapas restaurant called La Paella that is simply some of the finest food I've ever had. The wife and I picked a neighborhood close to it. It's in a little shopping center.

The best damned Thai food I ever had was at another hole in the wall in Norwalk called the Renu Nakorn. Off of the I-5 and Rosecrans. Ask for the Kao Soi - awesome.

For Mexican food, troll around the bad neighborhoods. If you walk in to some dive and see "Sesos" on the menu, you know you are in good and can get some authentic Mexican food. Rigos Tacos on Washington, just west of downtown Los Angeles, is great. Until you've had their al pastor, you just haven't had Mexican food.

And off of downtown LA on the 110 and 11th Street is an Arco Gas Station with the best damned fried chicken. Sure, the neighborhood is shitty, but the chicken isn't.

These are all places where the food - not the alcohol or atmosphere - reigns supreme..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Chez Francois over in Great Falls. Awesome place, way out of my league but worth it. I normally wouldn't go there but it's his favorite and he picks up the tab.

Just goes along w/ my theory:

People spring for the wrong things.

As a woman, I don't get my nails done (only once in my entire life as a gift). I don't go to a salon (Great Clips for $12).

But I WILL spring on a good moisturizer and a yummy meal.:P

There are so many depending on my mood...

Indian: a small hole in the wall take Away in Farnborough UK called Tasty Bites.

French in North America: le 917 in Montreal... Awsome 4 course meals for $30.

Ribs: Baton Rouge. Its a chain in Canada but have BY FAR the best baby back ribs I have ever had.

Lebaneese: Basha's in Montreal, but partuicularly the one on St Cath, opposite Eaton Center.

I could go on...
Remster