bloody_trauma

another whuffo question

hey when it comes time to buy me a rig fer tha sky divin you all reckon i should get me one a them new ones what ever'n wun i wants. er should i jus get me wun a dem used ones that walt may ave left a wierd lil stain on?

ok no seriously disregard my numbers, this is gonna be a purchase in about 2 years from now, and wanted opinions about new vs used, and when the time comes ill have the option to buy what ever new gear i want. or i could buy a gently used rig, but as of now im leaning towards a new rig that i can get what i want on it... ever hear of "pimp my rig"? that should be a show
Fly it like you stole it

A friendly suggestion: when you post to a topical forum such as this one, make your post as coherent as possible. Many people will not take the time to decipher your contrived pseudo-english and you will miss out on good answers to your question.

My opinion: buy used gear as your first rig, sized perfectly for your experience level, DZ elevation. Your first rig should fit the discipline you are into now. Once you buy your used rig, start seriously banking the money for a new rig when your experience level and your desired disciplines make the rig impractical or inappropriate. Once you buy your new (second) rig, think hard before you sell your old one. Unless it is worn out, it may be worth hanging on to.
Arrive Safely

John

if you're fortunate to be able to afford new. getting a new, built to fit, harness/ conatiner is a good idea. that way, unless you plan on bulking up in the future like Cartman in that 1 Southpark episode, you'll have a container that fits right that will last you quite awhile and that you can use to put used canopies and downsize in as you gain experience. just my .25 cents
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Buy a used rig first. Get the one that most closely fits your needs and physical size, of course. You may be surprised at how much your needs/wants change after 200-300 jumps. THEN you can bust the bank and get that pimped out rig that really is just what you want. Patience in this case is a very good thing.
BSSL, Bill

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

No Dude! Don't rent, buy used! The money you save from juping your own gear can go to jumps. Like everyone else said, used gear first. You can sell it later and use the money for another used rig;). Then when you get to a wingloading you are gonna keep for awhile, and you have the experience to know what you want, buy new!
PEACE!
Jason

Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos