swedishcelt

to heat or not to heat

Some winters I almost never turn it on, or only use my gas fireplace. Then again, I don't live in the northeast.

I'd say turn the heat on when you're cold and throwing on a couple more layers doesn't do it for you any more.:)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

lol...January. :ph34r: The weathermen are all excited because we have a cool front this weekend and it's going to go below 90!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

lol...January. :ph34r: The weathermen are all excited because we have a cool front this weekend and it's going to go below 90!

Reminds me of my first visit to DeLand ... in February. There was a storm one day, and a bit of a "chill" the next (I think it might have been in the 50s in the morning). I had to giggle at what people were wearing to bundle up.

Of course, 9 years on the west coast has turned me into a bit of a weather wimp, too. I can't handle anything below 30 or above 90 any more.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

When do you turn it on? I just did. Brrr.

About 2 weeks ago. My dog gets cold. I keep my window in my bedroom open until the snow flies. Probably why I have to fire up the furnace for my dog.

Getting below freezing at night now. (-1 or -2oC .. you get to figure out the conversion!)

If it didn't get to -20 to -40oC here, I'd probably keep my window open year round.

'Shell
'Shell

I just wish we had more than 2 weeks of winter in Florida.

Come north ... WAY north ... we get lots of it.

If you know how to operate a snow shovel and a can plug in a block heater, I have a job for you.

:D:D

Oh, and you have to brush off my SUV and scrape the windows too.

'Shell
'Shell

My furnace is broken. Found out last week. Been using 2 cube heaters and a gas wall unit. The bearings are shot in the fan motor i think. Lots of rattling noise. Must get it fixed before below freezing temps hit. Send love. Warm Swedishcelt love. Love is all i need.:P