lawrocket

Hangover

I've seen some stuff posted here about hangovers. Cocheese mentioned having loads of them.

I've had exactly one hangover - the morning of January 1, 1996. It was brutal. I decided on that morning that no amount of fun was ever worth that. I had always ensured that I sobered up before going to sleep, but that one was bad. Head pounding, vomiting for 2 hours. I hated it.

I probably should have had one in January of the previous year (I had been drinking heavily b/c of my birthday and all my firneds buying me drink after drink) but I made PT 3 hours after I passed out. I woke up - still tanked - and did PT which that da consisted of stadium steps. According to one guy who had the misfortune of actually being slower than me that day, "What the fuck did you do last night? I'm getting drunk just runnign through your cloud." I learned that you can exercise drunkenness away.

Still, I have never had another hangover. They just suck too much. It's why my wife has never seen me drunk - I just don't want to run the risk.

Anyway, I also want tohear funny hangover stories.:D

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I had a really nasty tequila hangover years ago. I was at a friend's place helping him celebrate his birthday one evening. Next thing I knew I was home, all the lights were on, the place was wrecked, and I was laying naked on the couch with the worst hangover I have ever experienced.

That's when the hallucinations started. Yikes!!!! I never drank tequila again and stopped drinking altogether 8 or 10 years ago.

Walt

Soooo many stories... so little time.

since I have implemented a restriction on my partying, I havent had a tried-and true hangover but once this year.
I may wake up the next day tired and dehydrated, but not the headache, sickness, and nausea.

One of my favorites:

My first trip to Oz: the night before I was supposed to head home I was supposed to meet some girls for lunch. Mind you this is St Patricks day. Well, two bottles of wine into lunch, they're calling work to take the rest of the day off. This is 1:20 PM. Bar after bar after bar after bar later theres only a couple of us left in some dance club. I was told I was put in a taxi at 3am. After a 30 min ride which I dont remember I crawled into the house and passed out on the bed. My mom came in to get me up for my flight at 5am. I hadnt packed a thing and was still wearing the clothes from earlier. It took her and her husband to get me to the ticket counter. I could barely speak. the agent asked what was wrong and my mum's husband said oh, a few of the ladies too 'im out on a crawl last night..."
She just laughs and gives me my ticket.
the hangover set in just as we began to decend into Syndey 3 hours later. Immigration, Customs, and another takeoff for that 12 hour flight home. OMFG, it was brutal. Luckily the attendant, on Quantas, was most understanding and kept me in water, juice, and small snacks that were less likely to come back up.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I drank enough the night that Richard Nixon resigned to have something of a hangover the next morning. Trust me, that was an awful lot. I seem to be very resistant to them.

However, I still don't drink much any more. I don't particularly like being drunk.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The night before our aff 3 my gf and I got pretty drunk at a party. I drank an entire bottle of ouzo myself. The next day we were up early and at the dz (though we took a small nap in the car before we actually went inside).

I went first, and landed in a tree. She watched me land, didn't know if I was ok or not, and got in the plane and failed the level.

usually after drinking alot of beer i have some sort of hangover...

Usually it is either a splitting headache or an upset stomach... sometimes both.

I usually don't get hangovers off liquor though... unless i have LOTS of it and am mixing different kinds around... always room for disaster.

Yes. :P

I voted 11-50, but only because I haven't counted. I would definitely say I'm closer to 50 than 11 - possibly even more.

But I'm weird. Sometimes I get shitfaced and have no hangover, and other times I have 2 beers and wake up sick and headache-y. It's a roll of the dice for me.

I don't particularly like being drunk.

Me neither. Not-at-all. I do like the buzz just before, though. It's an art to maintaing that but never crossing the line.:P When I order a "vodka tonic" Billy gets me a water with ice, a lime & a straw. I typically have a few "vodka tonics" in-between the other drinks I have in an evening out with friends/at a bar/club for the night.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I haven't counted.

I haven't either, but I can only remember having one three times and they were AWFUL; B| though I've never had a morning after where I couldn't remember much from the night before.

Once was from a bottle of Goldschlager shared by only myself and a friend in high school. I haven't had it since.

Once in college.

Only once since I've been with Billy. A good friend of ours knew the bartender and unbeknownst to me I was getting floaters on top of every drink I ordered. Billy held my hair as I hugged the porcelin God for a good hour later that evening. I actually asked him to take me the hospital. I remember everything. That was probably the worst one (even worse than the Goldschlager) I've ever had. I thought I'd poisoned myself and was pretty scared.:(
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hangovers = dehydration.

With that said I ALWAYS eat when I am drinking and before passing out / going to bed I take some tylenol and drink a quart of water. Works well!!

I hate hangovers but I know when I reach the dry heaves stage that it is almost over.:ph34r:;):S

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I've had a great many, I'm afraid. Honestly I've lost count.

During my time in Korea, I found myself at bars many nights, often during the week. Many days I drank until 11pm, stumbled in before midnight curfew, and made it to work at 7am.

My second night in Korea, the guys took me to one of the favorite bars. I intended to only drink 2 or 3 shots of Jack, but that turned into a lot more :|. We were also playing Jenga with tequila as a penalty shot, which the waitress kept setting down in front of me, and I kept drinking :o.

Next day at work, I found out I owed my friends $140 for my portion of the bar tab :o[:/]B|:(.

never had one B|

and those that know me, know that there have been a few times that I probably SHOULD have had one. Although I don't drink a lot very often, there are a few occassions a year, that i definitely do drink WAY too much...

I've just been blessed with the 'no hangover' gene!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles:D
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Worst hangover ever:

College, in my apartment. Roomie and I had a bottle of rum and bottle of peach schnapps. We downed shot after shot after shot... I lost count after 18... We did the peach schnapps first, and when that was gone, went on the rum. Cheap shit rum. B|

All I can remember is stopping for a bathroom break, went in there, grabbed the towel rack to steady myself and promptly ripped it off the wall when my legs buckled under me. A few more shots later, roomie and I decided to race each other up the stairs and see who got in bed first... I don't remember who won. Next morning my roomie is shaking me, screaming "WAKE UP BILL!!" Apparently I forgot to take my hearing aid out before conking out on my bed. :D I kept trying to push him away as my eyes wouldn't open. He gave up. 30 minutes later (his words) he's at it again screaming and shaking me. Finally I open my eyes and he's screaming "GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR BILL!!" With a splitting headache, I get up and stumble into the bathroom, and peers closely into the mirror.... a look of horror dawns over me...

There was a wide swath of dried vomit, complete with corn and whatnot, embedded across my face and through my hair. My room stunk like hell.

I then realized I could have choked to death on my vomit, as I don't even remember it. I know I remember hitting the bed so I had to have vomited in my sleep.

I have never drank peach schnapps or that cheap shit rum again, and its been 18 years.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so I had to have vomited in my sleep.

I remember one particular time in graduate school... Tried to keep up with a 250 lb Canadian (...I was 140 at the time). We were in a veterans club outside of Bethlehem, PA, playing pool against all comers. Had a very steady supply of beer all night (we were very good at pool). Got so drunk I actually started seeing "trails" (...like an LSD trip). Got home, went to throw up and my body simply took over. Not only was "it" throwing up, "it" was trying to inhale at the same time, and I was COMPLETELY out of the loop. Had absolutely no control for about 5 minutes. Literally thought I was gonna die.
We are all engines of karma

The time: August 2004
The place: Los Angeles, somewhere in the city...
The occasion: My last day at Perris Valley
The culprit: lifewithoutanet amongst others

Here's what happened:

The day i was due to leave Perris i had a 5am flight out of LAX to Chicago where i needed to catch a bunch of trains and finally get on an Amtrak to Rantoul. The suggestion was for me to go through to LA with Collin and a few mates, go out for a drink, then stay at his place, get up early and go to the airport.

Needless to say one drink at a quiet bar turned into many drinks at many bars, i have hazy memories of trying to ride a mechanical bull at some cowboy bar in LA then ending up in a strip club at some ungodly hour. Finally we pile into the car and he takes me directly to the airport, i arrive there just on time except i was so drunk i don't even remember checking my bags in.

So i get on the plane, haven't slept, showered or brushed my teeth, i feel like the underside of a dogs balls and i STINK of tequila and other booze. So, guess who i end up sitting next to?

A sixty year old preacher. And he hears i'm from South Africa and wants to chat. I have never felt worse in my life. Eventually i had to appologise, make some excuse about not feeling well and drift off to sleep. Yes, i am going to hell :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

uhm.. every morning in high school. i was burned out and didn't feel like drinking by time I was legal

I think we should ask Micro!!! Anyone got a cowbell??

LOL, I am wondering where Mr. Fuckerlicious was this morning, and if he's managed to survive himself and Patron...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~