Jeth

What do ya think of this rig design?

It looks better without the tie dye, but I don't like the blue with the purple. I wouldn't buy it used because of the color as it is now.

Personal preference is one thing, but if you intend to resell it, go more neutral.

Ok, so then what should I replace the blue with?
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Ok, so then what should I replace the blue with?

What about green? Purple, yellow and green go together well, think Mardi Gras.

I think it looks much better without the tye-dye.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

do you like it or ar eyou just worried that you are not design friendly...

if you like it who gives a flying fuck if anyone else does...

oh yeah I forgot this is a sport where you have to look cool

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Other bad choices: Pink, Orange, florecent green all have been traditionally bad to fade.

hey, I got orange expecting it to fade. Is not bad now.

do but dont you live in an orange house, drive an orange car, with an orange gear bag? :D:P

I've seen a lot of orange fade over the years. the key to making it last as long as possible is keep it out of the sun as much as possible and scotchgard that shit! ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

The contrasting pinstripes are part of what makes it look way too busy.

If you stick with the blocks of tie-dye preferably adjacent, and where there are two different colors adjacent having the pinstripes matching one of the colors, it'll look incredibly less busy.

Contrasting pinstripes look better when they divide same-colored blocks of fabric.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

All you haters can hate on the tie dye all you want, I'm proud of my rig. Jeth, feel free to steal this design if you want.

Uh, sorry, I find that pretty scary. ;) (But I still like some tie-dye.:)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Other bad choices: Pink, Orange, florecent green all have been traditionally bad to fade.

do but dont you live in an orange house, drive an orange car, with an orange gear bag? :D:P

lies all lies, blue house with blue windows with a blue corvette. Wait wait that isn't me. Red car, red!!! House isn't orange yet. Don't listen to hambone!!!! where is he anyway?

On topic, I spent at least a few weeks trying different colors out. When I finally choost the pattern I wanted I had two different color schemes. I choose wisely I believe. I don't care what anyone else says.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

do you like it or ar eyou just worried that you are not design friendly...

if you like it who gives a flying fuck if anyone else does...

oh yeah I forgot this is a sport where you have to look cool

Dave

Well I think I like it, but I am not good at design, so I'm just looking for something different that I might like better. I just really don't want to regret whatever I get.

My current rig is all black. This picking colors thing is really hard! ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

The contrasting pinstripes are part of what makes it look way too busy.

If you stick with the blocks of tie-dye preferably adjacent, and where there are two different colors adjacent having the pinstripes matching one of the colors, it'll look incredibly less busy.

Contrasting pinstripes look better when they divide same-colored blocks of fabric.

Wendy W.

Ok, that's a great tip! Thank you for that constructive design suggestion. That's what I'm trying to get -- ideas I haven't thought of. Thanks. :)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

lies all lies, blue house with blue windows with a blue corvette. Wait wait that isn't me. Red car, red!!! House isn't orange yet. Don't listen to hambone!!!! where is he anyway?

On topic, I spent at least a few weeks trying different colors out. When I finally choost the pattern I wanted I had two different color schemes. I choose wisely I believe. I don't care what anyone else says.

and THAT IS what matters!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

What do U mean "adjacent" colors?

They mean something like this.....

Well that rig has different color pinstripes between 2 different color panels. But I guess the black looks better with the gray than my blue looked with the yellow. ;)

BTW, is that main color the Wings "silver"? Is this a recent Wings rig?
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Yes, it's a newer rig... I just got it this summer.. B|

The only pinstripes are along the side panels and they're in black. I think you're mistaking the black binding tape for pinstripes. Also there are 2 charcoal stripes on it.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

verty nasty but at least if you leave it in the hanger over night someone can vommit on it and you won't notice
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Thank you for that helpful feedback. :P

Ok, how about this? No more blue. I'm liking this better. Do you guys think the gray works?

Theres also another one where I tried the "gold" color instead of yellow. I can't decide if I like it better.

Thanks.:)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Ya, I bet a lot of color schemes could be thought of as endorsing a school. I don't care about that.

I think I like the yellow better than the gold. (Which would be the colors for the UW Huskies, if I cared. ;))
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site