SmilingPhoenix

THIS ROCKS!!!!

My soon-to-be-ex husband was served divorce papers over 30 days ago. He never responded. For the first time in our marriage the fact that he expected me to take care of everything has finally paid off!

Texas law says that because he didn’t respond, I no longer even need his signature on the divorce decree. I simply go down there, tell the judge what I want and he grants the petition. So, if I were a real biotch, I could take all of the assets, give him all the debts and screw him. Damn, that’s an empowering feeling. Of course, we are trying to stay friendly, I am too nice for that, and I have to live with myself, so I will be very fair - overly generous if you ask my lawyer, but still! I was so worried I’d be getting screwed, now I have all of the power. Thank you GOD!!!!.

So, as of a particular date in November (that I won’t tell anyone because I don’t want him to find out about it until the deed is done) I will be FREE!!!!! There will be much rejoicing at the DZ that weekend! I never imagined a divorce would make me so happy – damn, I should NOT have waited 10 years to do this…

(Commencing with Happy Dance) :):ph34r::)B|
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Congratulations on achieving true happines, but are you gonna tell us *why* you are getting divorced? Inquiring (i.e., nosy!) minds want to know?

Actually, I just like really good divorce stories!

Walt

What the hell...

That part where I said "he expected me to take care of everything". That's most of it. When the guy spends 4 years of a 10 year marriage unemployed and you have to apply for jobs for him - not a good sign. But I am the type that can’t leave a person just because they don’t have a job, talk about kicking someone when they are down. Then once he was employed I realized, nope, it wasn't the money, it was his lack of ability to do anything for himself, let alone me.

Then there is me. Over the past 2 years I have broken out of my shell - lost over 125 pounds, taken up skydiving, climbing the corporate ladder, traveling the world. He hasn't changed. Sucks for him really since he is exactly who he was a few years ago. I just can't imagine not trying to reach further - you know the type A personality/Capricorn thing - gotta climb that next peak.

So, now that I have a divorce date I am going to start planning the vacation I always wanted, but he scoffed at. Anyone want to fly to Hawaii for a week to jump out of a plane a few times, swim under a waterfall, jump off a cliff and then go scuba diving?
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Anyone want to fly to Hawaii for a week to jump out of a plane a few times, swim under a waterfall, jump off a cliff and then go scuba diving?

Sure, but would you mind making all the reservations?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist:D:D)

BTW, I guess congratulations really *are* in order! Way to go!!!!:)
Walt

Girl, when the hell are you gonna make it back out to Cali - Byron misses you and so do I. Congrats on all the great news. I'm super happy for you. How about throwing in a Cabo trip as well. The hubby and I are planning to throw down in Cabo and possibly make it a skydiving trip - if we get enough of us to go then maybe we can get a King Air..B|

I'm glad youre having a great time in Texas but get your ass back here soon.

Anyone want to fly to Hawaii for a week to jump out of a plane a few times, swim under a waterfall, jump off a cliff and then go scuba diving?

Jack Ass.

I knew I liked you B|

Girl, when the hell are you gonna make it back out to Cali - Byron misses you and so do I.
I'm glad youre having a great time in Texas but get your ass back here soon.

I fly back on November 1st!!!! I'll see you on the 4th! Byron Love - Here I Come!

Jack Ass.

I knew I liked you B|

If you're gonna be at Waller this weekend, we just might run into each other. Looks like skydivermom and I are both gonna be there.:)
Walt

[replyIf you're gonna be at Waller this weekend, we just might run into each other. Looks like skydivermom and I are both gonna be there.:)
Walt

Cool! I get to meet Skydivermom! Oh, and you too Walt... ;) You can't miss me, I'll be the one beaming about getting my A license some time this weekend!

[replyIf you're gonna be at Waller this weekend, we just might run into each other. Looks like skydivermom and I are both gonna be there.:)
Walt

Cool! I get to meet Skydivermom! Oh, and you too Walt... ;) You can't miss me, I'll be the one beaming about getting my A license some time this weekend!

And I'll be the dorky looking old guy with the yellow, purple and red tie-dyed Racer who is doing CRW with a really hot chick (skydivermom). Oh, and I'll almost certainly be wearing camo pants and a long-sleeved tie-dyed t-shirt.

Walt

So, really, when you were fat he was good enough for you. When you lost weight, started skydiving and got lots of interest from other guys you filed for divorce?

Yeah, something about having self-respect makes people think they deserve a partner who will treat them well.:S

Walt

So, really, when you were fat he was good enough for you. When you lost weight, started skydiving and got lots of interest from other guys you filed for divorce?

Yeah, something about having self-respect makes people think they deserve a partner who will treat them well.:S

Walt

Thank you Walt.

Besides, plenty of guys hit on me when I was fat, my tits were HUGE.

Walt

Thank you Walt.

Besides, plenty of guys hit on me when I was fat, my tits were HUGE.

OMG they were even bigger than they are now...? :o

j/k girl... you know i love you...