Slappie

My toy after a few months

Ya I've got a new toy. Bought it back in May. This is what she looks like after I've tweaked her some. Tined the windows, re-flashed the ECU to preform better with the turbo 223whp / 218trq. added some 18x8 wheels and high performance tires. Lowered the suspension with a KWv2 coil-over suspension kit. I have a few more mods to make. Turbo back exhaust & a CAI.

Toy 1
Toy 2
Toy 3

Here she is 100% bone stock
Stock

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ya I've got a new toy. Bought it back in May. This is what she looks like after I've tweaked her some. Tined the windows, re-flashed the ECU to preform better with the turbo 223whp / 218trq. added some 18x8 wheels and high performance tires. Lowered the suspension with a KWv2 coil-over suspension kit. I have a few more mods to make. Turbo back exhaust & a CAI.

Toy 1
Toy 2
Toy 3

Here she is 100% bone stock
Stock

I like the wheels - What is it's fall rate? Can it do head down? What ratings does it carry?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Its still just a station wagon

I've killed for less. It's not a station wagon. It's a Sporthatch. B|

Vat does dis do?

Zit does fazter then a Peugot. Silly Frenchman.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Aren't you grounded right now due to a lack of money? :P

Nice looking ride after the mods.

You just had to say "Mods" didn't you.:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm actually grounded because I don't miss the dz politics. I miss jumping and the sky. I don't miss all the bullshit that goes on, on a dz. That's another thread.

Thanks for the compliments.

A Mazda 6 is a station wagon. :ph34r:

A Mazda 6 is a station wagon.

Nope, it is a certified Sport Wagon :P

That's funny, I traded a Mazda in on the Audi. Best thing I ever did!!

No really I did enjoy the Mazda 3 Hatch. It just didn't have the fit, finish or style the Audi has. That and it's was about 100hp slower. Plus I have the DSG which equals paddels on the steering wheel. Oh and I've got a really nice turbo that lovvvveeeessss this time of year. < 60f weather and the car just begs to be flogged and flog her I do.

Is 120mph during rush hour bad? :)

1) Which chip company did you go with and how did ya like the results?

2) Turbo back? Really? Was that for go or show? If go, how much hp/$ did you get and did you think that was worth it?

3) I have -seriously- got to make a tutorial about how to take photos of shiny, black cars. The middle of the day is not your friend. ;)

My GTI MkV is still looks -exactly- like the one in the ads (except for the window tint). I did do a little VAG-COM work on the doors and headlights. DSG is the shiznits. My FAST doesn't get along with my company's official paint scheme.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

1) Which chip company did you go with and how did ya like the results?

2) Turbo back? Really? Was that for go or show? If go, how much hp/$ did you get and did you think that was worth it?

3) I have -seriously- got to make a tutorial about how to take photos of shiny, black cars. The middle of the day is not your friend. ;)

My GTI MkV is still looks -exactly- like the one in the ads (except for the window tint). I did do a little VAG-COM work on the doors and headlights. DSG is the shiznits. My FAST doesn't get along with my company's official paint scheme.

#1 - APR Stage 2 I didn't enjoy stage 1 at the time APR needed to do a resort of their program it was really harsh on the DSG. Since then they've reprogrammed and have a newer version. It's much easier on the DSG and makes solid power through the curve.

#2 all go Awe tuning TBE with a resonator & cat. Added about 25+ to the hp with the upgrade in chip. Added the CAI 10+hp from EVOM (only nag is there is no engine cover yet)

#3 if I had a better camera you would have been able to tell it's a shiny Lava Grey car and not black.

The MKv GTI is a riot! Friend of mine is in a "Golf" a 4dr GTI and his got the same setup as me. He's hitting the dyno this weekend. I'll see about posting his report and results so you can see it. I've not dynoed my car since I went APR Stage 2. I'm seriously thinking APR Stage 3 with a BT (Big Turbo) a GT30R but I would have to really get serious with the DSG since I'm stretching it's limits at Stage 2. I say limits because the specs written with a low torque number in mind. The Germans believe is making it bullet proof then writing the specs so they're way under what the vehicle or component can actually handle.

Nice work on the smoke -

PS or What rendering program did you use?

Ah, that wasn't my work, but I'm pretty sure that was what is known in the business as "AB" smoke. It's a couple of chemicals you buy from a special effects house and, when you mix them together, it smokes. If you've ever seen a ninja or Batman toss a little smoke capsule in a movie (he does this in Batman #1 with Michael Keaton) then you've seen the effect.

As I said, that's not my work in that photo, but AB smoke has a -very- distictive look to it and that's it.
quade -

#3 if I had a better camera you would have been able to tell it's a shiny Lava Grey car and not black.

Ah, and here I had assumed it was black and it was the camera on auto exposure making it look grey!

lol
quade -