ladyskydiver

Internet Explorer 7.0

ARG!!!! I'm getting ready to install something else and get rid of this. Just did an update to IE and ended up with v. 7.0. I have this stupid "Your current security settings..." thing at the top of my window. I close it, and it refreshes on every single frickin' page that I go to. >:(

I know what my security settings are and am ok with them. Anyone know how to get rid of the frickin' notification?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

contrary to what all the no help people posted above I use 7 and have no issues with it at all.
go to control pannel and set you security settings the way you want then set up the options in IE under "TOOLS"
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Morning, Squeak. Yep...already did that. It still had a stupid warning popping up on every page. The new IE just wants you to have your settings the way it feels is best. Plus, it's a resource hog! Yuk!

So...I got pissed off last night and viola! This new Firefox is fun. :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I dont know what everyone else is doing wrong, but i have no problems at all with it, and i've had it for 6 months :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I dont know what everyone else is doing wrong, but i have no problems at all with it, and i've had it for 6 months :)

*shrugs* by no means am I a Microshaft supporter. But, seriously peeps just because it's Microsoft it's not all bad. It's just fun to jump on the bash Gates bandwagon. Jealousy is a wierd beast sometimes.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I am with you. I have had no issues. Except when I log into my work email with https and it makes me click to get to the page because we have a certificate error. Tisk on us!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

One nice add-in for Firefox is the "Open in IE Tab." That way, if you have a (poorly designed) page that renders better in IE or a site that has features that are only available in IE (*cough* dropzone.com *cough*) you can open it in IE.

https://addons.mozilla.org/

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

what DZ.com features only work in IE?

The one I'm aware of is "copy shortcut" on an individual post.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Download this add-on...

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/636/

"Allows to choose if you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML), if you want to view it outside Firefox with your default or custom PDF reader, or if you want to download it!"
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

FF doesn't do a good job with inserting smiley icons in the right place.

I have both FF and IE7 and use IE7 mostly. I wish they hadn't moved the stuff on the toolbar around from IE6, though.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

FF doesn't do a good job with inserting smiley icons in the right place.

Oh yeah, that one, too ... I've gotten so used to doing it manually I'd forgotten about it (and URL tags, too).

Using IE7 on two computers for about a week with only one issue, mainly with organizing Favorites. When you try to organize your Favorites in a their respective folders. They wouldn't move up or down. Finally figured this out. While dragging one of your favorites to the location you want it in the folder pull it out into either of the margins slowly and move it up or down slowly until the little circle with the diagonal line inside disappears, then release the mouse button. The Favicon or Icon is now in the new position. The old IE used to use a solid line when you did this, now it is just a blurred image when you are moving the icon.

I do like how it finds the sites custom Favicon and permanently attaches it to that shortcut in the Favorites.

Chris