grue

Now THIS is a hero! *NEWS*

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20688006-2,00.html

THE motorist who jumped onto a moving semi-trailer after seeing the vehicle swerving across the road with the driver unconscious at the wheel has said he was just doing what "any decent human being" would have done.

Local miner Mick Thompson was driving along a main road outside Cessnock in New South Wales at about 6.50am (AEDT) when he saw the truck driver slumped over the wheel of his semi, which was heading in the opposite direction, the NSW ambulance service has said.

He immediately did a U-turn, then drove past the truck and parked ahead of it. He then ran towards the out-of-control semi and leapt aboard.

"I opened the door and dropped it into gear and put my foot on the floor on the brake and stopped the truck," Mr Thompson has said on Southern Cross radio.

"I just pushed him off the steering wheel onto the passenger side and just knocked the truck into neutral and went from there."

He called an ambulance and waited with the ailing truckie, a middle-aged diabetic who had fallen unconscious because of low blood sugar levels, until it arrived.

The spokesman has said Mr Thompson's action probably saved the truckie's life. "It was a huge semi so who knows what could have happened," an ambulance spokesman has said.

Without medical attention, an injection of glucose into a muscle, the truckie may have lapsed into a potentially fatal diabetic coma.

Mr Thomspon then drove off without giving his identity.

"He told the paramedics what had happened, then drove off. He didn't stick around," the spokesman has said.

Mr Thomspon, who has said he has never driven a truck before, went straight to work 7km underground at the Hunter Valley's Austar mine after the amazing feat and has denied he is a hero.

"It's something that any sort of decent human being would have done," he has said.

The driver was treated at the scene and had partially regained consciousness by the time he reached Cessnock Hospital.

However a hospital spokeswoman later said the man is in a serious condition in a "high dependency" unit, which she has described as "one step away from intensive care".

The ambulance service has said it is possible the truckie will not remember the actions of his saviour.

He has said diabetics who have lapsed into unconsciousness are often "a little vague and disorientated" when they wake up.

He has said that even though ambulance officers had probably told him what had happened as he was regaining consciousness, "I doubt if he would remember anything about it".

B|B|B|B|B|
cavete terrae.

..... this is a truck!!!

An ozzie truck

Yup and you would be amazed how fast those bastards go:o

I't not much fun going the opposite direction on a motorbike past them guys:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?