weegegirl

How fast do you run a mile in?

Just curious what the fitness level of this group is.

I used to be able to do it in a decent time, now.... i'm around 10 minutes or so. I know, pretty pathetic...

CReW skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I never have been much of a runner, in fact i actually couldn't tell you how long it would take, it probably wouldn't be very good though!

Long distance swimming was my thing, the best i ever did a mile in was 25 mins flat. Now i'd probably do it in less than 40 mins.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

:)

Hmmm... we kind of slowed down on our Kiawah trips. They have made a lot of changes to that island that aren't as appealing anymore. It's not so much a family island anymore. It was great when the kids went off to Camp Kiawah while the grownups went golfing or drank margaritas on the beach. Ahhhhh now THAT was the life. B|

I need to find a new place that's like the old kiawah!

Well...in the interest of full disclosure, that's just what I remember from the last time we ran.:$:D

I'm 26 and it was only about a year ago I decided it's probably time for me to have a work-out routine of some sort, as I figured "staying active" just wouldn't cut it much longer.

We ran between two and eight miles every morning (4-5 days/week) straight for six months---and it's now been six months since I've ran.:D I've set the alarm every morning for a month now and every morning turned it off, set-it for an hour later and gone back to sleep...but, it's the thought that counts, right?:D

We WILL start again next week. Oh yes. We WILL start again.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

haha... i know how you feel. i think everytime i start to feel in shape again is exactly when i let it all go and stop working out for just long enough to set myself back again. :D but lately i've been all over it - up at 5 am and off to boot camp. this morning was TOUGH! B|

4:45 a.m. is when we get up, if we run.

I love running now and I feel SO much better when we're running regularly...

But, I used to hate running with a passion. I hated running the mile in gym to warm up.:D I sucked at running; and I was a pretty good athlete. I could never understand, though, why I could swim faster & for longer than most and never get tired but I could barely finish the mile in 10 minutes and not be completely out of breath.[:/]

Turns out I was running like Pheobe Buffet and forgetting to breathe.:D Billy laughed his ass off the first time we ran together. It sounds silly that there is a "form" to running, but there is. Swimming is easy to breathe rhythmically. But it's not easy to find a pool to swim laps in every morning and then you have to drive there & back, etc...

All of Billy's family are big-time runners so I thought, "What the hell. I'll try running w/ you...."

And now I love it.

Long story :$ but if it helps anyone else out who can only barely finish a mile now, then great. B/c for that first couple weeks we would only run a mile/walk a mile and I was whipped. I really had to concentrate for a while to get in the habit of running & breathing while running properly. Now I can go forever and I came to love it. I pretend I'm in a race and everyone's watching and cheering me on like a super-star.:$:D:$ And I just keep going and going and going. The most we ever run, though, is 10 miles and that's usually on the beach on a Saturday morning when the tide is low.:)
By the way, I sweat like a royal pig when I run.:D That's one thing I definitely like better about swimming.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hmmm... we kind of slowed down on our Kiawah trips. They have made a lot of changes to that island that aren't as appealing anymore. It's not so much a family island anymore. It was great when the kids went off to Camp Kiawah while the grownups went golfing or drank margaritas on the beach. Ahhhhh now THAT was the life.

I need to find a new place that's like the old kiawah!

Yeah it has become more and more like Hilton Head. Even the Ocean Course is now running $90 for premium tee times...I ain't messin with that. Edisto Island is still my favorite. It is full of people, but not touristie. Some nice resturants, laid back attitude, usually a band at the Marina, beaches not to crowded and unless you cause some problems, they never say anything about your coolers....

The cops cruise the street all the time and bust the speeders, but if you drive under the speed limit, they don't bother you. It is just nice on Edisto Island.

there are a few people on here who are in super shape.

I'm in super shape...I have always thought that "round" was a super shape!:D:D

Just curious what the fitness level of this group is.

Average is around an 8:20. Trying for an 8:45/8:50 for Sunday. My best ever was a 6:24, in a one mile race.