LyraM45

Starbucks VS. Dunkin'Donuts

So... I'm sitting in the library drinking a dunkin' donuts vanilla latte and I was wondering what everybody's take was on DD Vs. Starbucks-- mostly when considering coffee. I have a dunkin' right across the street from my house and on my way to school every morning, and they just put a starbucks about a mile out of my way to go to school, but still in town. Personally, I like starbucks better, but the dunkin' is right in front of my house and it's convenient. (since I'm a lazy bastard and can't get up 10 minutes earlier to go to starbucks before class)

What do you guys prefer? It just seems that lately there is a dunkin' donuts right next to or near every starbucks I've seen in my area. Who will win the coffee battle!? B|
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Today I did go to Starbucks because they have Pumkin Spice coffee which is the best coffee around (better be for $4.29). But if I am getting just a normal cup of joe then I will stop off at my local bagel store. There coffee is good and cheap ($1.00). If the bagel store isn't an option I would take DD over Starbucks for a normal cup of joe.

There's a very entertaining bit by dennis leary talking about the state of "coffee flavored coffee" as he puts it... in the US...

I don't actually have any real input wrt dunkin-donuts v/s starbucks... as in my area a starbucks was recently added but the nearest dunkin' donuts is about 15 miles away...

most of the time when I'm in the mood for breakfast (somewhere other then at home...) I go over to Panera Bread company or First Watch...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Mmmmmm . . . Dunkin' Donuts. Plain bagel w/light cream cheese or everything bagel with butter.

And back in the day, I would get a medium DD coffee with cream and sugar. It was amazing. But Starbucks' Breakfast Blend is better with just Sweet N' Low (and some cinnamon, occasionally), which is how I drink it now.

Starbucks is very overpriced over here in England. The only reason I've ever been is its quite a novelty to sit in plush furnished environment drinking coffee. Certainly in my town we don't have posh coffee shops.

I really really wish we had a dunkin' donuts though. That would just make my day :D

Now get this. I don't know whether it is published anywhere, but a poll somewhere indicated that Liberals are more likely to drink Starbucks, and Conservatives more often go for the Dunkin Donuts.

Just thought I would pass that along. Now where is the closest DD?

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

I grew up on DD coffee back east. We have their beans delivered to our house every other month. DD has left Denver, but there's three stores in Co. Springs. It's worth the hour drive to get some of their vanilla cream filled donuts.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Damn, and I wasn't even trying to be a smart ass. I honestly did hear that on one of the morning news shows.:)

Well at least she doesn't throw stuff at you.

And watch out for the chainsaw and that damned baseball bat.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Just enter in "paradise".

I'll be expecting you.

:P

You are in my future ex wifes vagina?:o

I still like her at the moment - so - I'll be right there.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

so I went dunkin ONCE...asked for a hot tea...she turned around and got the water from the sink and put the cup in the microwave...I haven't been back since.
And their doughnuts tast like cake, not doughnuts!

IMO anyway....not a yuge fan of the bux either...but it's better than dunkin....Crispy Cream for doughnuts baby!:P