guppie01

Holiday Blues....

I love the holidays, but I hate that I have no family nearby. I rarely see my family, maybe once a year (if I'm lucky) and of course it is usally around the holidays..... This year looks like I'm not going to get that chance and it REALLY is hitting me hard.

Anybody else out there.... what are your plans for the holidays, what do you do to keep your spirits up???

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

love the holidays, but I hate that I have no family nearby. I rarely see my family, maybe once a year (if I'm lucky) and of course it is usally around the holidays..... This year looks like I'm not going to get that chance and it REALLY is hitting me hard.

For thanksgiving I am going to Georgia to be with family. That family is not related to me by blood but by love.

This year I am choosing to spend christmas break completley in seclusion. You know what happened and why. This is my healing year so no advise on xmas for ya
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Well, I was going to go to my parents place and spend thanksgiving with them and the rest of my family.But due to recent bad blood after my grandmother's passing and other issues I'm considering not going and instead either just staying with my husband and doing our own thing with friends or going to his parents place.

As for Christmas,well,my husband has to work and I really dont want to be w/o him on Christmas Eve/Xmas Day. It will also depend on if my family pulls their collective head out of their asses by then and we resolve the current issues.If not I'll stay home to be with my husband.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I had plans on spending a great holiday season with my wife and kids. Plans have changed it appears and it looks like I will be spending them alone.....If you know what I mean.:(
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

I love the holidays, but I hate that I have no family nearby. I rarely see my family, maybe once a year (if I'm lucky) and of course it is usally around the holidays..... This year looks like I'm not going to get that chance and it REALLY is hitting me hard.

Anybody else out there.... what are your plans for the holidays, what do you do to keep your spirits up???

g

I haven't had a family in many years, and I simply comfort myself among friends. Since I started skydiving, I realized that I can find friends at any dropzone around.

That said...this christmas, I'm driving to florida (from toronto) to stay at Skydive City for 10 days. I'll be doing the thing I love the most. ;)
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

You can come hang out with us.

eh~ money is playing a factor in this too... I'm pretty broke from China.

Thank you though.... that is very sweet of you to offer!!!

xoxoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

You can come hang out with us.

eh~ money is playing a factor in this too... I'm pretty broke from China.

Thank you though.... that is very sweet of you to offer!!!

xoxoxo
g

I'm pretty sure you can sell china....

I should sell mine - not doing me a damn bit of good in my RV....

:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

I have 5 days off in a row for Thanksgiving (Wed-Sun). The first three I'm undecided on...maybe stay home, sleep in, cook a turkey for myself, and drink a bunch, or maybe I'll go snowboarding. The last two I'll probably either sleep in, cook something all day, and drink a bunch or maybe go skydiving.

Christmas is WAY too far in the future for me to make such definite plans. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I have 5 days off in a row for Thanksgiving (Wed-Sun).

blech~ I have all those days off too. :P

What's "blech" about 5 days off? :S I'm diggin' the thought!! B| Hmm...howzabout a long distance drinking contest...we can celebrate a different holiday each day, and compare daily and total scores. Maybe St. Patties Day on Tuesday night (green beer), Cinco de Mayo on Wednesday (Mexican beer), ummm....Thanksgiving on Thursday (pinots & burgundies), New Year's on Friday (champagne...starting at breakfast and continuing all day), and, umm, Saturday on Saturday (free-for-all)? :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

This is the first year in a long year I'm spending Thanksgiving with family - I'm flying my parents out to Seattle (gotta use my gazillions of frequent flyer miles for something, right?). For Christmas, 1) I'll have just seen them, 2) I can't find a decent fare or award ticket availability, and 3) with all the traveling I do I really don't want to get on a plane again.

So, for the first time, ever, I think, I will not be going home for Christmas. I think I will probably just use it as a "me" weekend - get a bunch of videos and books, cozy up in my house, and relax. I'm going to put a tree up this year for the first time in a while, so I'll have plenty of holiday cheer around the house.

My family doesn't make a huge deal about the holidays - usually it's just me and my folks (used to include my brother but since he's married with four step-kids now, they do their own family thing). I'm hoping that because it's usually a mellow time, I won't get too sad with my own mellow time.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have Thanksgiving off (ONLY Thanksgiving :(), and I'll be at home, since I live at home. :D

Then for Christmas, I'll be about 12 time zones away. So hopefully my friends and I can have an early Christmas together with hot apple cider and Christmas carols, somewhere in the mountains. :)

I kind of have the opposite situation. I have a huge family (38 people between my parents, siblings, spouses and nieces and nephews) and we always get together from Christmas Eve through New Year's at my parent's house. I'd like to one year go to Eloy for the Christmas Boogie, but not being present with my family makes you the outcast and I think you get voted off the island.[:/]

Hope it all works out for you Gia.

Chris