Shell666

Of COURSE they're scissors!

Quote from the mom:

This is my kindergartener's artistic rendering of a pair of scissors.
I wonder what HER teacher thought.

And I am so dang proud of myself.
I allowed myself just a small smirk when I saw it. I waited until
SHE was out of the room before I started to cry from laughing so
hard."

:D:D:D
'Shell

I think it is great!:D:D:D

But I am surprised your child has not been "disciplined" by the school for some kind of misunderstood meaning! :| I would not be surprised to read that she was kicked out of regular class tomrrow!

Yeah no doubt, huh? :S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I think it is great!:D:D:D

But I am surprised your child has not been "disciplined" by the school for some kind of misunderstood meaning! :| I would not be surprised to read that she was kicked out of regular class tomrrow!

Not my child. ;);) This was sent to me by a friend of mine.

Ask anyone that knows me ... had I had children, and had one of them taken after me, they would have been kicked out LONG before this little artistic endeavour ...

;):D:D:D
'Shell

Quote from the mom:

This is my kindergartener's artistic rendering of a pair of scissors.

hard."

Yep - no bout a doubt it - she'll skydive.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Quote from the mom:

This is my kindergartener's artistic rendering of a pair of scissors.

hard."

I laughed MAO and forwarded it, but upon further inspection it looks bogus. Like someone had the kid write the word and then someone else drew the picture.

Notice the O and the ovals on the drawing. different style. The drawing is further advanced than the hand writing in my opinion.

Sorry. Just my lawyerness creeping out. :P
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I'd like to counter the prosecution with the following defense:

I disagree about the handwriting--one's artistic impression and one's writing can and often do differ.

Not to mention children are often trying to copy letters exactly when they're learning to write--just as they try to copy an object to draw. If the object's circle was shaped differently than the "o" written in scissors, the child would have copied both as they were presented, not as he/she naturally might.

B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'd like to counter the prosecution with the following defense:

I disagree about the handwriting--one's artistic impression and one's writing can and often do differ.

Not to mention children are often trying to copy letters exactly when they're learning to write--just as they try to copy an object to draw. If the object's circle was shaped differently than the "o" written in scissors, the child would have copied both as they were presented, not as he/she naturally might.

B|

The Os are attached. First the "letter" O and second the O in the scissors. One goes clockwise, and the other appears to go counter clockwise.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I might agree if this were an adult's interpretation.

Young children, however, are often ambidextrous and color/write with one hand until it gets tired, then with the other--or even just go back and forth as they choose.

It is possible Exhibits A & B were written by the same child, but a different hand.

Therefore it can not conclusively be determined this drawing is a fraud.

B|

<--doing the cabbage patch.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I see how you can conclude that the O in the word was drawn clockwise. It's definitely not conclusive, but it makes sense.

But I don't see how you can conclude that the O in the picture was drawn counterclockwise. It's impossible to tell.

The drawing is further advanced than the hand writing in my opinion.

I was thinking exactly the opposite.

I laughed MAO and forwarded it, but upon further inspection it looks bogus. Like someone had the kid write the word and then someone else drew the picture.

Notice the O and the ovals on the drawing. different style. The drawing is further advanced than the hand writing in my opinion.

Sorry. Just my lawyerness creeping out. :P

Bah ... it's still funny! :P

And lawyer and creep in the same sentence. Interesting .... ;):D

'Shell
'Shell

You got one STRANGE sewing kit at home, lady!

I think it sounds fabulous! If I had a sewing kit like that I might actually sew more than a button here & there.:P

Nah, with a kit like that I'm darnin' some socks! Yeah...socks;):ph34r:

I might agree if this were an adult's interpretation.

Young children, however, are often ambidextrous and color/write with one hand until it gets tired, then with the other--or even just go back and forth as they choose.

My nephew did exactly that when he was younger. He's a lefty but before he started school, he'd switch back and forth depending which side of the table he was on (he liked to have more table space next to the arm that was drawing because it allowed for him to spread out his crayons and easily reach them!).

He's a lefty now but he can still draw and write with his right hand.

And his "O's" are written differently with each hand - counter clockwise with the right, clockwise with the left!

Continue your cabbage patch happy dance, PLF!!

:D:D
'Shell

Let the record show, I was already victorious and doing the cabbage patch before my associate council got a clue.:P

Let the record show that if the primary council so desires to take all the credit for herself, associate council will, in all future endeavors, keep his insight to himself and allow her twist in the wind, pursuant to the "neener neener neener" clause of their social contract.