kelel01

Well . . . no nursing school for me . . .

The medical industry is crying for nurses and the nursing schools are denying some of the brightest apps? :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I think it's somewhat ridiculous how everyone is starving for nurses yet it's so tough to get into schools. My friend was one of the lucky students out of 500 to get 1 of the 25 spots at Stony Brook's Nursing School. The only good thing is the job security. Best of luck to you!

I think it's somewhat ridiculous how everyone is starving for nurses yet it's so tough to get into schools. My friend was one of the lucky students out of 500 to get 1 of the 25 spots at Stony Brook's Nursing School. The only good thing is the job security. Best of luck to you!

whoa weird - i grew up there - well setauket, but stony brook is like the same town... but i never thought i'd hear about it on here....

anyway it's essentially a foreign country in itself... it's probably so hard because they give all their slots to people from all over the world instead of right here... it's a great medical school - i believe ranked #2 for research - though if i were dying that would be the LAST place i'd wanna go... not the cleanest of places:S

edited to add - no worries kelly - maybe you didn't get in because that wasn't the right place for you and it would make you miserable - you'll get into the place where you belong :) i have faith in you - and i'm sure there are plenty of guys here that would love to have you practice your skills on them until that time ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

You tell me who denied you.. Sounds like some Knee caps need busting.>:(

Definately.

I "Am" feeling a little bit gangster today.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The medical industry is crying for nurses and the nursing schools are denying some of the brightest apps? :|

Maybe shes to bright:|
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm exploring my options elsewhere, but I'm also now looking outside of nursing

If you want it bad enough keep trying. Rejection is normal .... keep trying because if you give up then you lose and since when did you accept that? You will make it but you have to not accept the no, and try again.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Rejection is normal

True dat! I was rejected by every law school to which I applied, except for one, so I went there. Actually, I was rejected by every undergrad college to which I applied, except one, so I went there.

Come to think of it, I was rejected by every woman with whom I applied for long term relationship, except one (though, at least, I made it to "oral interviews" with a few of them prior to rejection.) Most of those applications were rejected without even getting past the envelope.[:/] It's a dark feeling, I tell you. Plenty of times I was stuck goint home to study at the school of "hard knocks."

So, don't fret. In fact, for a couple of law school sthat rejected me, I sent them each an "anti-rejection letter" letter. Here's a form of one you can use:

Dean of Admissions
Nursing school
Address

Dear :

I am in receipt of your recent correspondence that informed me of the rejection of my application to your fine institution. After reviewing your rejection letter and careful consideration, I regret to inform you that your rejection of my application has been denied.

In reading rejection letters, I look to the entirety of the letter to weigh the various merits of the rejection, including font, paper bond, syntax, paragraph structure, tone and the subtantive nature of the rejection itself. This year, I have received over 5 rejection letters and no aceptances for the one nursing school that I may attend. With such a qualified and diverse pool of rejectors, it is clear that I cannot accept them all.

Considering that there is a widely reported nursing shortage reported throughout the US, in performance of my civic duty in attempting to ease this strain, I have therefore decided to grant myself admission to your nursing school abd I look forward to receiving my admissions packet in the coming days.

I wish you the best of success in rejecting other present and future applicants, and I strongly encourage you to do so. It is my sincere hope that this rejection does not preclude you from rejecting other nurse wannabes.

Very truly yours,

kelel01

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Unfortunately, there is a shortage of nursing teachers as well. I believe that it takes at least a master's degree to teach nursing (as it should), and most nurses with advanced degrees have many better options available to them than teaching.

Sorry to hear you didn't get accepted, Kelly.

I "Am" feeling a little bit gangster today.:ph34r:

You've been hanging out with Chris too much. ;)

Kel, they are idiots. Is there a step progam you can look into? I have a friend who went into nursing in Florida and she couldn't get straight into an RN program, so she started out in a LPN program and once she finished that she continued on to the RN and by then they paid her way and gave her an internship so she was making money and getting experience as school credit. That might be an option for you.
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Well, this is a BSN program I'm applying to, not just an RN program. An RN program wouldn't be a problem, but a BSN is really the only way to go.

Never is there one way to go about fulfilling a dream. Theres many routes to nursing. Some arent as glamours as just getting straight into the BSN but if you want it bad enough start lower on the chain and work your way up.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

...shortage of nursing teachers...

Hey, I have nothing against short nursing teachers...everybody should have one...especially me.

There are MANY things you can do with a thermometer and a tongue depressor.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239