Hambone

REAL or FAKE

Not that I have put up a tree in a few years...but im afraid if I put up a real tree my dogs will pee on it :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I've done real a couple of times, but this year I'm going to get a fake one so I only have to shell out once. I like real, but I don't want to deal with pine needles all over my house and all that stuff... plus I'll be gone for a 10-day stretch between putting it up and taking it down, so if I have a fake one it won't need to be watered.

But I'm spending Christmas away from my family this year so I am all about getting some holiday cheer. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ive gone about 7 years w/o having to put up a damn tree.
This year, no such luck. there has been a decree in the house. We WILL have a tree. Only problem is: I will be the one to get it, I will be the one to keep it watered, I will be the one to clean up. But, at least it will keep Hottie happy. :)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Do they come in orange???

trees cost money
money is used for jump tickets
no money means no jumpy
looks like I'm not getting a tree.

yes they do infact come in orange...you could probably get one that was orange black and grey if you really sset your mind to it....BTW god bless you, i just caused a scene in my office. I think i am the only one that finds that funny, but i don't care.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Ive gone about 7 years w/o having to put up a damn tree.
This year, no such luck. there has been a decree in the house. We WILL have a tree. Only problem is: I will be the one to get it, I will be the one to keep it watered, I will be the one to clean up. But, at least it will keep Hottie happy. :)
Make sure you remember to cut a little off the bottom and drill holes in it. We didn't do that last year and it died in a day and was brown by christmas...it looked like the charley brown one. :)[:/]

I prefer Real. Yes it is a mess to clean up (Needles dropping and such)..

But I hate the idea of Fake Christmas.

When I was a Child, Every year my father would take me Christmas Tree Hunting.. Literally.
He was a Hunter (Keep your Bambi Comments to SC please.. Bambi Tastes Good!!) And we would go out in the Woods looking for the right tree. Once we found it, We would take the trusty 742 carbine, Lay on the ground and shoot it at the base till it fell. Usually only took a few shots. Take it home clean it and mount it.;):D

Definitely one of my fondest childhood memories. Real Christmas Tree Hunting.

I shall make my own tree from twine and spare brush around my condo. I shall paint it with spray paint and put only orange and white bulbs on it. Hey they don't make silver bulbs, or do they? hmmm.

I shall call it The almighty sky tree.

ok that was lame.

p.s. I was just over by your office, I put my initials in the dirt on your car. :D:D:D:D
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I shall make my own tree from twine and spare brush around my condo. I shall paint it with spray paint and put only orange and white bulbs on it. Hey they don't make silver bulbs, or do they? hmmm.

I shall call it The almighty sky tree.

ok that was lame.

p.s. I was just over by your office, I put my initials in the dirt on your car. :D:D:D:D

thats not nice...I think that they do make silver bulbs...can anyone confirm or deny this...

About the christmas tree hunting, i have never heard of that, def very cool. I have been Mistle toe hunting with a 12 gauge. My parents have started ordering their trees they call and tell the person what size they want the people come and bring it and set it up. I am all for it since it gets me out of having to help them set it up, I do get the pleasure of taking it down.
It was always a point of pride with my dad to keep the tree alive, he used his special concotion to as he said GLUE the needles on, infact one time we took the tree down and threw it in the woods and it started growing, and survied for a few years..

When I was a Child, Every year my father would take me Christmas Tree Hunting.. Literally.
He was a Hunter (Keep your Bambi Comments to SC please.. Bambi Tastes Good!!) And we would go out in the Woods looking for the right tree. Once we found it, We would take the trusty 742 carbine, Lay on the ground and shoot it at the base till it fell. Usually only took a few shots. Take it home clean it and mount it.

That is awesome! Now I wanna go Christmas Tree Hunting!

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I prefer fresh trees and always had one until last year. I bought a fake tree at the after Christmas sales for about $30. I told the kids we'd just try it one year to see how we liked it since it was half the price of a real tree. Once it got all decorated, they said they couldn't tell the difference from across the room. Since they are ok with it, I'll keep using it for as long as I'm on a tight budget. We always celebrate Christmas at my parent's house anyway, and they will have a 13' tall real tree. It's nice but a pain to decorate.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was a firefighter for 15 years so I try to play that card, but I really hate blowing the entire afternoon wandering around trying to find the perfect overpriced tree just so that we can spend the next 4 weeks saying "doesn't that look a little lopsided to you?"
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

He was a Hunter (Keep your Bambi Comments to SC please.. Bambi Tastes Good!!) And we would go out in the Woods looking for the right tree. Once we found it, We would take the trusty 742 carbine, Lay on the ground and shoot it at the base till it fell. Usually only took a few shots. Take it home clean it and mount it.;):D

-Did anyone else suddenly envision a young Jay and his family in a cross between 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' and 'A Christmas Story'?? :o:P:D

That is EXACTLY, what my husband makes our family into every year. A cross between the Griswold's family Christmas, and Christmas Story...:D:D:D We call him 'Clark Griswold' for about 4 weeks every year.

He even bought our 10 yr old daughter a Red Ryder BB gun last year!!! :S:P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Definitely real! Granted, you have to deal with having to vacuum up a few dozen pine needles everyday, get sticky sap on your fingers when decorating the tree, and have to water it...but a real Christmas tree smells sooooooooo good. It also looks prettier. :)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Only real. I hate plastic trees, plain and simple, no matter how good they look (I have to admit the ones you can find in stores now look much better -- almost real from a distance -- than 20 years ago).

However, for the last several years we simply decorate our very own live fir growing in a large pot on the balcony -- we bring it inside, and it stays there for a couple of weeks. It's real, it smells great, and it doesn't make you feel guilty of enjoying a holiday with a dying tree. [:/] If I had my own house, my ultimate choice would be to have a nice fir in the yard... :)
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

Being in the fire dept. I see, every year, like clockwork, the holiday tree fires. These fire happen every year, so often that they are sometimes the object of station pools. These fires are even more devastating than the other types of accidental fires that happen all the time. They stain the holiday season, sometimes forever, in the minds of children who survive them and often kill loved ones at a period of emotional highs. The real tragedy is that these types of fires are totally preventable. Why anyone would intentionally build what amounts to a bonfire in their living room is beyond me.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717