kelel01

How to explain . . .

A gap in my employment history on my resume?

The truth:

I got laid off and then decided I wanted to go back to school to be a nurse. I got part-time jobs while in school. Being a fickle bitch, I've changed my mind, so I'm looking for a regular job again.

The explanation that wouldn't scare a company off:

???

Tell them the truth...

just leave out the " fickle bitch" parts, and let them know you realized that when you thought you wanted further education, you did not. Life choices. some companys respect that, some dont.
I say fuck em all and give em the brutal truth:

"It seems you've been missing a lot of work lately."
"Well, Bob, I can say as Ive been missing it."
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I have YET to meet a company that respects ANYTHING besides complete dedication to the job, as if it were your whole life, and total conformity to the corporate masses.

Having to work sucks ass.

Fuck work. Lets go skydive.

You think Hottie would divorce me if I quit my job and moved to a DZ? :o
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I have YET to meet a company that respects ANYTHING besides complete dedication to the job, as if it were your whole life, and total conformity to the corporate masses.

Having to work sucks ass.

Then get back into school, get an RN from a smaller school. Once established as an RN continue on to finish your Bachelors maybe further it to a PA.

Quit whining about how you got rejected once. I know some RNs who were rejected 3 times. :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I got rejected twice. And I'm not whining about that right now. I'm switching gears. :P

Oh wow you suck :P

As for what to do... tell them you were in prison for killing your last employers HR Mgr. Since they rejected your 5 complaints of sexual harassment.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Probably. :D

You think anyone would divorce me if I did the same? :o

First you have to get married and that seems like your employment history at the moment:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

:D

Oh, yeah, and I do feel that I owe some sort of explanation for my sudden change of heart. Here it goes:

It suddenly occurred to me that I might kill someone if I make a mistake as a nurse. That's already a real enough risk in life (skydiving, driving, etc.), and I don't think I want that possibility introduced to my career as well. [:/] That's seriously it.

A gap in my employment history on my resume?

The truth:

I got laid off and then decided I wanted to go back to school to be a nurse. I got part-time jobs while in school. Being a fickle bitch, I've changed my mind, so I'm looking for a regular job again.

The explanation that wouldn't scare a company off:

???

That's kinda funny, I'm needing the very same excuse for the very same reason if I look into this job with the FAA. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Employers look for truthfulness from employees. As strange as it sounds, my most recent hire was the one applicant that did NOT meet the minimum qualifications. I gave him an interview because he owned up to the fact that he didn't meet those qualifications and then explained that he will. I had to meet him and he thoroughly impressed me. We now call Peter "Saint Peter," since his skill and learning abilities are exceeded by his niceness. He's the one person we've ever had here that nobody has ever been mad at.

Let the employers know that you went back to school, it wasn't working out well, you've got bills to pay, etc. Tell them that it's impossible to say whether you would like working for them, or that they would like you working for them. THey usually like blunt honesty and respect it. THen again, it's worked for me.

Now, how to explain your avatar....;)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I got rejected twice. And I'm not whining about that right now. I'm switching gears. :P

you obviously didn't apply to the school I teach at.

the only requirement is that you are breathing.

:D

Whoo - they must have upped the standards after your current class started.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Tell them you had a sugar-daddy during that time. But he kicked you out 'cause you wouldn't do "ATM".:oB|:D:D

ATM... if that is what I think it is, then well, ummm, thats just wrong. :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P