ACMESkydiver

Have you Gotten Anyone on Your 'NICE' List Something That You're So Pleased About?

I did! :)
I bought a pair of 2-way walkie-talkie wrist watches for my daughter and husband for when they go snowboarding! This way when he's on the top of the hill, and she's stuck half way down, she can call him and say, "Daddy! I need help!" :D

They weren't expensive at all...$29 or so for 1.5mi range, but they are PERFECT. B|

How about you? :)

(Just a disclaimer; I am traditionally NOT into the material gift-giving part of the holidays -the bickering over who loves who more because of dollars spent...the financial abuse in the name of Christmas...:S )
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

(Just a disclaimer; I am traditionally NOT into the material gift-giving part of the holidays -the bickering over who loves who more because of dollars spent...the financial abuse in the name of Christmas...:S )

Ahhh - so in all your free time you make gifts for all your loved ones.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ummmm are we supposed to be buying people stuff??? When did this start?

Not that I'm aware of... and that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :P

What?

You know DAMN WELL that you are supposed to buy a coinnection to the internet ands send e-cards to everyone you know.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Ahhh - so in all your free time you make gifts for all your loved ones.

No, I don't think that'll happen. :ph34r: I just refuse to spend 'X' dollars on each individual in that family for fear of being yelled at that I love him more than her or whatever. :S

I'll never forget the first Christmas I had to spend with 'that' family. The whole living room was stacked, and I mean STACKED 4-5 presents high, all the way across the room. We could only see the top 2 feet of the Christmas tree. 300 gifts easy. The kids got bored and fell asleep after opening half the presents. :S

And they couldn't afford it, but some people in that family have spending problems. [:/] It was sad because the man who had to take financial responsibility for all of that nightmare would drink himself silly because of the stress because he couldn't stop his wife. Just the turmoil that man has had to go through for 30+ years in the name of excess is just sad.

BUT ANYHOO... :ph34r: I know I'm no angel or anything. I like to buy cute lil' things for my family when I see them. When you find something 'perfect', whether it's $2 or $2000, it is always fun. :P (But if I see Joe sneaking off to finish a fifth when when the credit card bill comes in I will put a stop to it and EVERYONE will get an 'Aunt Jaye's Tasty Christmas Cookie Plate' :|
~Jaye

Yep.My 10yr old nephew is a huge Harry Potter fan.So while playing around on the internet I found out that the Isle of Man,Canada and the UK had actually minted Harry Potter coins for real monetary currency (not just comemorative collectibles).I found the entire UK set of coins complete with a leather bound "Gringots Bank account pass book" that you can store all the coins in,complete with a page to write his name on (making it "his" only since he has 4 siblings) and pages that describe the pictures on each coin..ex: 4 coins have the monograms of the 4 houses of Hogworts on them,so theres a page describing each house etc.There were 24 coins in the set,but I also found 4 "trader" coins to go with it.My sister was pissed when she found out I paid $60 for all of it,but I dont care.I'm the "cool" aunt dammit!B|

Also, my eldest niece just started playing flute this year in her first band class.I gave her my old flute so sis didnt have to buy one.But for Xmas I'm giving her an old necklace I had in band that has a flute pendant and a 16th note pendant on it.I bought the charms at competitions we'd go to in high school.I think she'll like it b/c shes loving her flute and band class...she wakes my sis up at 6-7am practicing.:D So I want to encourage her and praise her for her hard work,with something kinda personal.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

But if I see Joe sneaking off to finish a fifth when when the credit card bill comes in

I'll be there abouut the 15th of Jan.:D

Not really - but we need to get our drunk on.:ph34r:

But if I see Joe sneaking off to finish a fifth when when the credit card bill comes in

Yeah, you need to come UP to Seattle, biotch! B|
~Jaye

Yeah, you need to come UP to Seattle, biotch! B|

That town would never be the same.:|

I made several sets of wine charms for Jeff's people. I think they are nice. I also make some gourmet jams/jellies each year too. People seem to like those.

Karen is so crafty! :ph34r:

I haven't forgotten your picture. We are experiencing technical difficulties. (read: Kinko's said 'WTF? :|' & my new fancy pants photo printer said "Derrr...." :ph34r::ph34r:) I have a couple new ideas, though! :)
Everyday I think of you, Karen...because everyday my appointment reminder on my PDA goes off because the task has not been completed. :ph34r::P
~Jaye

When I was a little kid my dad and I used to sit up and eat Chips Ahoy cookies while we'd watch MacGuyver and Quantum Leap....so this year I got him the dvd box sets of both, and a bag of Chips Ahoy. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Christmas is frustrating... cuz I want to find the "RIGHT" gift for the right person... It's much easier to *find* something right when you're not looking.

I love giving thing... but hate just giving random crap.

I think I found what I want for my neice (4mos old)... a pair of slippers from a store that imports from Guatemala. So colorful and vivid... But... I haven't found her book yet.

My nephew is harder. He's 12... and already has about EVERYTHING. I took him to the East Coast this past summer, so his book will be a scrapbook of that time... but the gift?

Other friends... family... I walk around thinking of them... and then hope the right thing is there.... :|

When I was a little kid my dad and I used to sit up and eat Chips Ahoy cookies while we'd watch MacGuyver and Quantum Leap....so this year I got him the dvd box sets of both, and a bag of Chips Ahoy. :)

You see, that is EXACTLY the kind of gift that I think is just PERFECT. B|

A gift that meant something personal to the recipient.
~Jaye