McBeth

Getting carded

So I'm used to be the one in my group of friends that ALWAYS gets carded and quite often the entire group will get carded b/c of me. Well it seems that now that I'm 27 I not card-worthy anymore. I was getting margaritas with some friends and the people on each side of me got carded, but he said the bartender didn't need to see my ID. [:/]

Awww... you'll probably find it's more hit or miss nowadays. I rarely get carded except for the "we card everyone at the door" places, but every so often I do and I'm more than happy to whip out that ID. I remember getting carded at the grocery store buying beer on my 31st birthday and it brightened up an otherwise lame birthday.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I get carded all the time... I guess if you can't see over the bar to order a drink, they need to see some ID. :S

:D:D:D:D

Me too!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I'm 31 and still get carded for all liquor and tobacco purchases. I love when they ask, "Are you 18 (or 21)?" and I respond with "No, I'm 31". I know one day I won't get carded and I'll be offended so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

I once got carded going into Mall of America to drink one night (back in the day when there were actually bars worth going to on the 4th floor, I was about 23). The security guard stopped us and asked to see ID because it didn't allow people under the age of 16 in the mall after a certain time without a parent.

I get carded all the time, too...

Except it's to see if I'm eligible for the Senior Discount. ;)

Hey, they probably card you just to check out your address...you should flash them to distract them so they can't remember and stalk you later! :P
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

I'm much the same way. No beard = carded every time. Beard = never carded. And I'm 27.

So what I'm hearing is that the solution to Beth's dilemma is that she should shave her beard?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am 32 and still get carded but I think it's out of respect to me because the establishment usually cards my girlfriend who definately looks younger. I get carded occasionaly but less and less... I think technically in CA they have to card you if you look under 30.

I get carded all the time... I guess if you can't see over the bar to order a drink, they need to see some ID. :S

It's basically the law to card people now in GA since all the underage crackdowns. Taco mac will card you if you have gray hair and a cane. It's kind of funny, but then sometimes it's not.

I get carded alllll the time for alcohol, but I do recall a few times more recently that I wasn't asked.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

The last time I got carded was when I walked into a convience store at the 2005 Dublin Boogie to buy a 12 pack of beer. We had just landed in a hot air balloon beside an apartment complex and I was wearing my rig, black jumpsuit and a black Z1 helmet to keep "souvenir hunters' from taking anything.

The lady behind the counter freaked out and started screaming to "get the fuck out of my store spaceman!". I had to buy the beer on my credit card and she made me show her my license.

Later I got into the back of a pickup truck with some other jumpers to ride back to the airport and started handing out beer and poppin tops. That's when Blaine said "Hey Dude, you may want to chillout with the beer, this is a police truck!" :S:D:P

How many days until Dublin?:)
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"