jumper03

Beds

I have slept in many different beds. I've slept on the ground, on cots, in hammocks, in sleeping bags, on rocks - you name it.

I've slept in beds on several different continents - almost every style, shape and type of bed you can imagine.

That said - I find that the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in is the one I now have in my RV....which, coincidentally is also the cheapest one I've ever slept in.

I hate to get up in the mornings now because it is so comfortable.

Where has your best bed been?
Scars remind us that the past is real

I bought a quality pillowtop mattress set, put a Novaform topper on it, covered that with a thin "downy" mattress pad, got 1200 thread count sheets, a microsuede comfortor and some good down pillows. Even when insomnia is winning its nocturnal battle against sleep, I'm at rest because my bed really is that comfortable. B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The back of my car!

I have a Subaru wagon. I keep the back seat folded down; I have two thermarests, a pillow, and two thick, comfy quilts spread out. It's my cozy little nest. I originally made it so I could sleep at the dz, but it's become my travelling second home. I've slept in it all over the place.

I also made screens to go in all the windows, so I don't suffocate when I sleep in there during the summer.

And yes, it's big enough to sleep two comfortably. :$;)

My current one pretty much rocks. Sealy posturepedic pillow top mattress, quilted mattress cover on top of that, high thread-count sheets (no, not as high as Dave's!), and a fluffy down cover inside a soft duvet.

Currently, though, I've got jersey sheets on it. With how cold it's been I'm tempted to throw the flannels on there tonight.

But ... when I'm truly exhausted, the quality of the bed matters little. If I'm that tired, if I can curl up in a semi-horizontal position, I can sleep.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I bought a quality pillowtop mattress set, put a Novaform topper on it, covered that with a thin "downy" mattress pad, got 1200 thread count sheets, a microsuede comfortor and some good down pillows. Even when insomnia is winning its nocturnal battle against sleep, I'm at rest because my bed really is that comfortable. B|

Blues,
Dave

I had to check your profile to check and see if you were really a man - that f'in rocks!:PB|

Our camper bed is not doing the trick and I've been looking for good suggestions - I'll continue to check the rest of this thread!:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Our camper bed is not doing the trick and I've been looking for good suggestions - I'll continue to check the rest of this thread!:)

The Novaform topper is the best bang for the buck you'll find. I've been meaning to get another one for my trailer, since I spend every weekend in it 6 months out of the year.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Guy card, please...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I put a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed in my converted coach. They offer an RV queen, with dual controls.
What's my number? 100 for the last year. It has allowed me to cut down my thrice monthly chiropractor visits to twice a year.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Blues,
Dave

Guy card, please...

No way man!! I desperately need a new mattress and will consider this post as good advice when I search for a good one. With the damaged rotator cuff and schedule I have right now, sleeping is rough. :(

alright - what the hell does a number have to do with sheets? I get the impression the higher the number the weaker the girls knees...:D

I got whatever they sell at wal-mart.
:|

It's the number of threads in a square inch of the fabric. Like square footage in a canopy, measurement methods vary. Also, higher numbers are often "tweaked" by using multiple, twisted threads.

My 600 TC sheets are nice. My 1200's, while ridiculously comfortable, are also somewhat inconvenient. They're so thick and tightly woven, it takes two loads to wash and dry them (1 sheet, 1 pillowcase, and maybe a couple T-shirts per load).

I'm pretty sure they don't sell mine at Wal-Mart, where I think you'd be lucky to find over 250 TC. :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Holy shit, Dave...where are you finding that type of count for untwisted thread sheets?? About the best I saw at BB&B were 1000 and that was twisted (on the bed at the house).

I also picked up some 320 count beech modal sheets for the barracks bed (twin XL with a 3" topper on it).. they're ok, but I think I may try to find different sheets, next time home.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Guy card, please...

Insomnia can trigger drastic measures. :P And anyhow, I'm not sure you're authorized to pull my card. Didn't you fess up to getting a facial recently? :D

Blues,
Dave

I was hoping for your guy card so I could have one. I lost mine long ago...

My wife is hotter than your wife.