katiebear21

Internet Explorer 7 - What's the hype all about?

Ok, so I downloaded it last night and I'm not really that impressed. I had to update my wireless drivers in order to be able to scroll correctly. It's tabular on the top of the page instead of on the bottom and it looks a little different. Updated icons I guess. Am I missing some great new functionality other than possibly security enhancements?:S

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I'm willing to bet you'd be more impressed with Firefox 1.5 and the ad-block extension. I forget that web pages I go to all the time have ads and pop-ups because I never see them.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

security enhancements?

HA! Hahahaha! Oh man, IE security enhancements...wait, you're serious? I upgraded with a quick download to some possible security enhancements called Firefox.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm willing to bet you'd be more impressed with Firefox 1.5 and the ad-block extension. I forget that web pages I go to all the time have ads and pop-ups because I never see them.

I dont get any of those either, and i have been running IE7 for 6 months, works great not security issues for me at all and no pop ups what so ever
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Look up two posts..

Linux isn't secure. You can easily make it VERY secure, especially compared to Winblows XP, though.;)

I used to use RedHat (back when it was free and basically the best distro) for firewalls in a corporate job I had. That was back in the mid 90's to about Y2k, though.

Linux isn't secure. You can easily make it VERY secure, especially compared to Winblows XP, though.;)

We could get into (Yaaawn) a very boring Windows XP IPSec (YAAAAWN) versus Linux IPTables feature conversation in here...
OR if you rather like.. how about configuring a Samba LDAP + Active Directory hybrid enviornment chat (YYYYAAAAAWN!!!) :S:D:D

[Edit to add: Almost forgot about the thread's topic... IE7 sucks :D Both IE7 and Windows media player 11 seem like a "skin" change. They changed the icons, moved things around, patch , patch, compiled... and ship. ]

I do my best to stay the hell away from ThinkGeek. I've spent way too much money there over the years. However, when I get shot at, I return fire. I don't mean "return fire" I mean *return fire*. I am a redneck closet geek afterall.:D:P

I might stick to the whores, drugs and booze and make my secret ninja "star wars kid" kinda moves!!
(moving hands in the air) how about THAT! :D:D

Then wail on guitar?

Not fair! ... had to "google" out for more than ten minutes to find out what this meant. :$
See.. crazy ass ninja can fight, but still has english issues! :D

Not fair! ... had to "google" out for more than ten minutes to find out what this meant. Blush
See.. crazy ass ninja can fight, but still has english issues!

Yup, their grammar, spelling and language is a bit juvenile, but its still by-god funny.

I'm sorry to hear that you sucked in that virus/malware/spyware/trojan/hacking magnet.
[:/][:/]

and yet I've never had any of those on my MS run systems EVER:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Look up two posts..

I used to use RedHat (back when it was free and basically the best distro) for firewalls in a corporate job I had. That was back in the mid 90's to about Y2k, though.

RedHat is still free it is just called Fedora now or if you are really obsessive get CentOS which is RedHat enterprise repackaged. Though you probably knew that.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka